The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarkson Controversy, again...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140004/Jeremy-Clarkson-claims-delays-Heathrow-solved-bit-racism.html

Why the hell are people getting so uptight about Clarkson. He is a good comedian and is known for winding up about every single person on the planet but that is his personality.
Get a sense of humour to all those that say this is racist!

opinions and thoughts please...

the best comment so far: People are ****ing stupid..

It's not racism Clarkson is meaning, it's discrimination. The police already discriminate when they're stopping random people based on their clothes or the state of their car etc.

Teachers will discriminate based on a student's history, eg a kid getting top grades reports a known bully for harassment, the teacher is more likely to listen than if it's the other way round.

Obviously we can't have it in airports, so it's a pretty stupid thing to say, but he's not being completely 'out there'. Just more people with rods up their arses, looking to this as an opportunity to sell themselves positively by speaking out against Clarkson.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have no problem with how he actually said it. I don't live with a stick up my backside. However, I don't agree with what he said; if terrorist organisations start to see that certain groups are waved through immigration, what is to stop them attempting to convert them?
Reply 2
:toofunny:

Another classic for the collection then...

<3 x
Reply 3
Original post by patrickinator
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140004/Jeremy-Clarkson-claims-delays-Heathrow-solved-bit-racism.html

Why the hell are people getting so uptight about Clarkson. He is a good comedian and is known for winding up about every single person on the planet but that is his personality.
Get a sense of humour to all those that say this is racist!

opinions and thoughts please...

He's obviously just being his usual self and taking the piss, but unfortunately that doesn't make what he said okay as much as we all love Jeremy.
Although most people would find that funny, racism is quite a sensitive topic to joke about nowadays. If he wants to make comments like that it's best not to say it to the public as it's bound to anger people who don't share his sense of humour.

EDIT: I like Jeremy and find him funny, but that doesn't mean everybody does, especially when people are obsessed with being "politically correct" these days
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
He is kind of missing the point that there are plenty of terrorists who aren't muslim...
He is kinda funny, but I still don't like him. He's one of those people you just want to kick in the face:smile:
And yet again, some idiots without a sense of humour spoil it for everyone else who does.
Oh clarkson does it again :smile:

The immigration policy is awful. My grandmother (who's Russian) visits us twice a year, and also goes over to Paris from UK to visit my mum. She was held by the British immigration in France whilst getting back to the UK for two hours whilst they talk to my dad over the phone.

Why waste time on an 80 year old woman, when there actual immigrants trying to get in for work??

They do need some common sense, really...
Reply 8
Original post by meow444
He is kind of missing the point that there are plenty of terrorists who aren't muslim...

Where did he mention Islam...? :confused:

Also, yes, I agree with him, even though he was obviously joking a little bit. It was like all the outrage over 'stop-and-search' a while ago, to the point that they had to search really normal looking white and Chinese kids just so they 'didn't look racist'.
Reply 9
Original post by najinaji

Well I suppose he didn't outright, he probably didn't think he could get away with actually mentioning Muslims. But I bet you that's who he has in mind, don't you think?
Reply 10
Original post by meow444
Well I suppose he didn't outright, he probably didn't think he could get away with actually mentioning Muslims. But I bet you that's who he has in mind, don't you think?

I can't read minds, so I have no idea. Also, unless you see someone in full Islamic dress, how could you spot a Muslim on sight anyway?
Original post by najinaji

Also, yes, I agree with him, even though he was obviously joking a little bit. It was like all the outrage over 'stop-and-search' a while ago, to the point that they had to search really normal looking white and Chinese kids just so they 'didn't look racist'.

Thank you so much for pointing the complete and utter flaw with the PC bridgade, love you :wink::biggrin::p:):cool::rolleyes::colone::colondollar:
Reply 12
Original post by patrickinator
Thank you so much for pointing the complete and utter flaw with the PC bridgade, love you :wink::biggrin::p:):cool::rolleyes::colone::colondollar:

Thanks? :tongue:
Original post by Mother_Russia
Oh clarkson does it again :smile:

The immigration policy is awful. My grandmother (who's Russian) visits us twice a year, and also goes over to Paris from UK to visit my mum. She was held by the British immigration in France whilst getting back to the UK for two hours whilst they talk to my dad over the phone.

Why waste time on an 80 year old woman, when there actual immigrants trying to get in for work??

They do need some common sense, really...

maybe she was working for the KGB :ninjagirl:
Reply 14
I don't see how profiling is racist, profiling uses intelligence (military) to group high risk people into more thorough checks. Racism is just a hatred of certain group with no reason other than ignorance. They are separate things and the sooner the PC brigade realise, the better.

Good on Clarkson, he is an idiot, but he also has a bit of common sense rather than pandering to the liberal minority who are so well heard. You cannot please everyone in life, so why try.
People are ****ing stupid..

It's not racism Clarkson is meaning, it's discrimination. The police already discriminate when they're stopping random people based on their clothes or the state of their car etc.

Teachers will discriminate based on a student's history, eg a kid getting top grades reports a known bully for harassment, the teacher is more likely to listen than if it's the other way round.

Obviously we can't have it in airports, so it's a pretty stupid thing to say, but he's not being completely 'out there'. Just more people with rods up their arses, looking to this as an opportunity to sell themselves positively by speaking out against Clarkson.
Reply 16
Once again he has a great point.

Its not racism its probability.
Reply 17
He's right; who's more likely to blow up a plane, a lone Islamic Extremist, or a British family of four?
The DM love to have a bee in their bonnet about something. :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Original post by justmyopinions
He's one of those people you just want to kick in the face:smile:

This.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending