Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmAH
hey everyone,
this is a bit long but...
i was really wondering, so last year in my AS exams i didnt perform as well as i shouldve because i never actually finished my exam papers, i usually finished when iwas halfway done because time ran out! (i know, absolute nightmare), but the thing is, this year in my A2 second year at the beginning of my year my tutor actually noticed i never finish things on time and I struggle with processing things.

Anyway we agreed to go ahead and have an assessment to see whether i was dyslexic or not, anyway gosh so I actually am, I receive 50% extra time now (THANKGOD), It helps so much bc i actually finish on time. So ive redone my coursework from last year and my grades, AS ones, were DDE, it is now ADE (I retook the exam and coursework which went from D to A). I'm retaking my exams from last year but I just feel like I've discovered this problem I have now and it's going to ruin my chances of getting into Keele? I am revising well but still I'm a bit on edge about whether I'll get in or not. I wanna do one of the business degrees. Do you think its worth letting Keele know? I almost feel like I really have no chance if i lose my a grade!

I think you should definitely let Keele know, so that they can take your dyslexia into account when looking at your results :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by LC1996
You can still apply but you'll be bottom of the priorities, you might just get what's left or might not be allocated a room until exam results are out and they know how many people won't be attending so you can have their room

so there's a chance that i might not get accomadation on campus?
Reply 202
Original post by Tomasio
so there's a chance that i might not get accomadation on campus?

Possibly as its a first come first served basis and as you haven't sent off your Accomodation yet then they'll assume you won't be living on campus
Original post by Porcupayne
Got an offer for Human Biology and Psychology dual honours!! Anyone know what this course would be like to study? :biggrin:

Hey I know you posted this ages ago, but I've got an offer for the same course, so just thought I'd say hi as we may be studying together in September :smile:
when do we have to pay an accommodation deposit?

I applied for my rooms in march but have no idea when i need to pay for them? i thought it might be after results day but i'm not sure
Original post by jakemaxwell98
when do we have to pay an accommodation deposit?

I applied for my rooms in march but have no idea when i need to pay for them? i thought it might be after results day but i'm not sure

I believe you pay it after you get your accommodation offer :smile:
Original post by AmAH
hey everyone,
this is a bit long but...
i was really wondering, so last year in my AS exams i didnt perform as well as i shouldve because i never actually finished my exam papers, i usually finished when iwas halfway done because time ran out! (i know, absolute nightmare), but the thing is, this year in my A2 second year at the beginning of my year my tutor actually noticed i never finish things on time and I struggle with processing things.

Anyway we agreed to go ahead and have an assessment to see whether i was dyslexic or not, anyway gosh so I actually am, I receive 50% extra time now (THANKGOD), It helps so much bc i actually finish on time. So ive redone my coursework from last year and my grades, AS ones, were DDE, it is now ADE (I retook the exam and coursework which went from D to A). I'm retaking my exams from last year but I just feel like I've discovered this problem I have now and it's going to ruin my chances of getting into Keele? I am revising well but still I'm a bit on edge about whether I'll get in or not. I wanna do one of the business degrees. Do you think its worth letting Keele know? I almost feel like I really have no chance if i lose my a grade!

Hi, yes, you can get in touch with the Student Services Centre - http://www.keele.ac.uk/studentservices/ - they will be able to advise you. Hope that helps.
Good luck with your exams!
Sam - Digital Team
Hi, I'm going to study English in 2016 and accepted an unconditional offer. When do we get notified about whether we get the accommodation we applied for?
Can I ask a question (I really don't mean to be rude) but why have so many people been given unconditionals? I've just had a really terrible exam and now I have no chance of getting the grades I need in Chem and I'm absolutely heartbroken!
Original post by RebeccaHughes
Can I ask a question (I really don't mean to be rude) but why have so many people been given unconditionals? I've just had a really terrible exam and now I have no chance of getting the grades I need in Chem and I'm absolutely heartbroken!

I'm not sure about other applicants, but I was given an unconditional as I have already completed my A Levels (gaining the necessary grades for the course), and am on a gap year at the moment.

I understand where you're coming from there, I had what I thought was a terrible A2 Geology exam, and I thought I'd failed it. I actually cried all the way home afterwards and for the rest of the day too! I'd never struggled with Geology before (although I wasn't complacent and put a lot of effort into my revision), so I was shocked by being given such a difficult exam compared to past papers. But, it turned out that I hadn't done nearly as badly as I thought! Please don't lost heart, you may well have done better than you think! :hugs:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm not sure about other applicants, but I was given an unconditional as I have already completed my A Levels (gaining the necessary grades for the course), and am on a gap year at the moment.

I understand where you're coming from there, I had what I thought was a terrible A2 Geology exam, and I thought I'd failed it. I actually cried all the way home afterwards and for the rest of the day too! I'd never struggled with Geology before (although I wasn't complacent and put a lot of effort into my revision), so I was shocked by being given such a difficult exam compared to past papers. But, it turned out that I hadn't done nearly as badly as I thought! Please don't lost heart, you may well have done better than you think! :hugs:

I've just sat and cried all afternoon, it was a hard exam- even the teachers though so (after we explained the questions to them). I'm devastated though because I needed a B in that paper (and the same in the next) to get a B overall. Part if the thing that is killing me is that it's people in the same position as me (i.e. doing A-levels) who I'm seeing getting unconditionals :/ I think I might just have to stick to my plan B and re-apply for the foundation year next year if I can get CCC, If not its plan C (sounds so organised, I'm really not!) But thank you, and good luck in september!
I've just sat and cried all afternoon, it was a hard exam- even the teachers though so (after we explained the questions to them). I'm devastated though because I needed a B in that paper (and the same in the next) to get a B overall. Part if the thing that is killing me is that it's people in the same position as me (i.e. doing A-levels) who I'm seeing getting unconditionals :/ I think I might just have to stick to my plan B and re-apply for the foundation year next year if I can get CCC, If not its plan C (sounds so organised, I'm really not!) But thank you, and good luck in september!

Oh I forgot to mention, I asked my geology tutor to send Keele admissions department an email explaining that if I got below a B in the exam I found hard (unit 5), that it wasn't a true reflection of my ability in geology, as even though I knew I was good at geology (getting consistent As and A*s in class tests), I feared that my exam result wouldn't show that. Perhaps that's something you could consider? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Oh I forgot to mention, I asked my geology tutor to send Keele admissions department an email explaining that if I got below a B in the exam I found hard (unit 5), that it wasn't a true reflection of my ability in geology, as even though I knew I was good at geology (getting consistent As and A*s in class tests), I feared that my exam result wouldn't show that. Perhaps that's something you could consider? :smile:

I hadn't thought of that, I might ask my chem teacher whether she could do this for me. I know that she has actually called admissions telling them to reconsider students.... Thanks again
I hadn't thought of that, I might ask my chem teacher whether she could do this for me. I know that she has actually called admissions telling them to reconsider students.... Thanks again

No problem! Best of luck! :h:
Hey all! I switched colleges last year so I changed exam boards for Biology. Chemistry has gone fine but I think I've completely messed up biology. Mainly due to having to learn extra AS content and practice a completely different exam technique. Does anyone know whether it's worth contacting the university? Plan B is to apply for a foundation year xD
Hi, I really want to do the course of neuroscience, and I've been struggling with depression, I'm trying so hard to study, but I think I'm going to get the grades CCD, will I still be able to do Neuroscience at Keele?
Original post by hunter ryder
Hi, I really want to do the course of neuroscience, and I've been struggling with depression, I'm trying so hard to study, but I think I'm going to get the grades CCD, will I still be able to do Neuroscience at Keele?

Hi, have you made your School/College aware of your situation? They may be able to include something in their UCAS reference if they are aware.
I'd advise you to get in touch with our admissions team - [email protected] - if you give them as much detail as possible, whether you've seen your GP etc, they will be able to advise you further.

At Keele, we offer Counselling and Mental Health Support to students, http://www.keele.ac.uk/studentcounselling/ so if you do come here to study, we can help to support you.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your results 😊
Sam - Digital Team
Original post by Porcupayne
Hey all! I switched colleges last year so I changed exam boards for Biology. Chemistry has gone fine but I think I've completely messed up biology. Mainly due to having to learn extra AS content and practice a completely different exam technique. Does anyone know whether it's worth contacting the university? Plan B is to apply for a foundation year xD

Hi

Best advise I can give is to get in touch with our admissions team - [email protected], and give them as much detail as possible, and they will be able to advise you further.

Hope that helps,

Sam - Digital Team
I got an unconditional offer from Keele for Computer Science! :biggrin:

I got into every other university that I applied to, including some that were closer to me, but my heart was with Keele.

So happy, can't believe it. I didn't realize it'd gone through until I logged into Track on UCAS, didn't get an email for some reason this time. Keep checking your UCAS by logging in, don't wait for emails from UCAS to tell you things have changed would be my advice.
It's gone through now, so excited.

See you guys there! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey,

Does anyone have a list of things besides stationery and groceries, that we will need to take with to Keele? I have applied for a Premier Flat, if that makes a difference?

Quick Reply

Latest