The Student Room Group

The I Hate My Housemates MEGATHREAD

Scroll to see replies

I'm sick of mine and the way they always have guests over. Can't get a quiet evening because of them, would love to just get my own place and be done with it.
Wow!

I have a lot of stories to tell, but I would not know where to begin.

Pretty much every single flatmate and housemate I've ever lived with - foundation, first year and second year - have all been ****.

I can't wait to live on my own in the future.
Original post by Dee Leigh
I know the feeling...

I have also had to deal with the housemate from hell - bitchy, two-faced, conniving, rude, bitter, insecure, offensive, ill-mannered, lacking in empathy, spiteful, passive-aggressive, ignorant, insulting etc. All in all, she pretends she is nice, but actually, she is a vile human being who absolutely hates me for no reason whatsoever.

A poor excuse for a human being. Vile cretin.

I'm so glad I'm not living with next year. I'm so done with her. After this contract ends I am cutting her out of my life for good.

I remember when I wrote this.

How times have changed.

:biggrin:
Original post by Dee Leigh
Wow!

I have a lot of stories to tell, but I would not know where to begin.

Pretty much every single flatmate and housemate I've ever lived with - foundation, first year and second year - have all been ****.

I can't wait to live on my own in the future.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I only ever lived in one house where I got along with the housemates and in that one there was a cleaner and I had an en-suite room, so that probably contributed. Lived in 4 other houseshares and ended up hating the housemates almost all the time, primarily because of noise and mess.

I dream of the day when I can get a nice little flat and have it all to myself.

This is a thread for you to rant as much as you want, so rant away :biggrin:
Never been in student accom but I've had me own flatmates straight sent from hell like. Mostly just being pothead/alcoholic yobs trashing shite up and using and taking and not reimbursing and that.

One played footy inside and did like a penalty kick through the window. Pointless. Others just brought illegal activity and dodgy people around, someone fell out the window so we had to tape cardboard but the landlord replaced it. Luckily we're not too high above ground so no one died falling through.
I've got two bad experiences.

My first uni and first time a halls was good. Whole floor was 19 people including myself. Basically it was split between the popular and the "nerds". I was with the former. I wouldn't say popular or nerds just basically the introverts would do their own things and the extroverts would do our own thing - we were louder and more wilder. Anyway, there were 6 of us, 3 guys and 2 girls. I was close with the 2 girls cause I get on better with girls and don't get along (as in I don't have anything in common) with ladish lads. But they were all real nice. Apart from one. His name was Brad and he just got on my nerves cause he knew all the right buttons to push but still enjoyed our frienemy relationship.

Anyway it was housing and we were like the "we're gonna be best mates forever group". We found out that the two guys Brad and Dylan had decided to live in student accom together without consulting us. But me and the two girls already saw this coming. So me, the other guy Arthur and the two girls were gonna live together. I thought that's fine. Arthur and one of the girls, Josie, got together and we're seeing each other which I thought "ugh".
Anywho, I can't remember what the argument was about. I think it was how the group got real cliquey and I didn't like that. Anyway, we spoke about it and then one thing lead to another and it was a screaming match over me and the girl i was cloeset to Katie. I got all up in her face and was shouting right in her face. Arthur had to calm me down and told me to take a smoke outside.
That happened. 15 mins later they decided by the way I acted they didn't wanna live with me anymore and were no longer friends. (missing out a lot of things but meh). So basically I weren't friends with any of them apart from Arthur.
Anyway, so Katie and I were very uncivil basically strangers. However, few months passed I knew I was gonna leave cause of the course. I found out that Dylan got really drunk with katie on a night out and thought it was a good idea to piss in Katie's shoes.. She then passed out and then Dylan urinated all over Katie. They came back and had a MASSIVE fight about it. About one week later, she forgave him... Whereas I only got angry at her... yet she actually got psised on and all was forgiven.
Anyway, because of this I made greater friends with other people from diff accom and one of them is my best mate and we've been through so much. And apparently those ex friends have all distanced themselves and wrecked their friendships (lol).

My current uni was drama all the time! Full of bitching and all guys too. I would constantly hear them bitching and whispering about me and other flatmates. I once invited a group of block people up for dominos cause my flat wanted me to invite people that I knew so they could get to know them too... My flat didn't once speak to them and then wen tthey all left, n i got back to my room, i heard them bitching about me. From that moment on, I just kept my distance and worked on the friends that invited the first time.
Flatmate D many months on when we had tiffs spoke to me and said "i feel as though ever since your friends came over we've been distant" I told him straight up "yeah because I head you and Flatmate C bitch about me. I find it hypocritical of you to say to my face "i prefer when people talk to me face to face" yet i hear you bitch about things right by my door".... ANyway we just weren't civil unless he was drunk n he'd talk n befriend me...But all the other flatmates we're just bitches and always gossiping but could never confront you to my face. I confronted them and they painted me as the villain and make out i was the bad one... But that kind of clique made me work on friendships outside my flat and it's been worthwhile made some great friends.

Moral of the story - things may not go your way but as Mariyln Monroe said - sometimes good things are made to fall apart in order for better things to come after. Flatmates and friends from uni will come and go and it ain't the end to everything. Better people will come along. But always defend yourself if you've been put in a position that you have to. Don't be a pushover! But more importantly surround yourself with good people and friends and you'll enjoy uni!
Even after we moved out the selfish ***** manage to ruin my day. They STILL haven't paid their bills! I may feel dislike for certain individuals but hatred is rare, and I think that hatred is what I'm feeling right now.
My Flatmates are a ****ing nightmare.
They never clean the kitchen after going out all night drinking and complain, quite rudely if I leave even a small plate on the side for more than a few minutes. They constantly steal my food (including some very expensive vegetarian meals) to the point where I have had to go to the accommodation office to get locks for my cupboard and keep the bare minimum of food in the fridge, that I know that they won't eat, the rest is stored in my room. They're also extremely loud coming back from drinking sessions and I'm frequently woken up by them standing outside the entrance to the flat, singing, shouting and smoking weed (which I have reported them for).

I can't wait until the second year when i can move out and be rid of them
I liek my flat mates personally but there unhygenic in the kitchen leaving food out for days, they have off political views (once walked into them doing shots to the Nazi athem) and have become passive agressive (left the rubbish bin outside my room as it was my turn that day instead of just waitong for me to go into the kitchen). However one of them who went through a bad time i think, took mushrooms and broke the qindows in our fkat with glasses and a glass bottle and basically had a breakdown were worried about them but its now really awkward
First year of uni I made the mistake of dating one of my flatmates. When I broke up with him he decided to turn all our flatmates against me by feeding them lies about me. When they had nights out and were drunk they would all bang on my door, harassing me, calling me names, saying they hate me. On nights out they would shove me, laugh at me when they see me and constantly glare. I had to move out of the flat for the last 3 months of first year. This year my flatmate and I got in an argument and she ended up saying I have no friends, bringing up that my flatmates from first year hated me, telling me I'm a spoiled brat and that all I do is be depressed and cry all the time. I still have to live with her for another 6 months although I despise her. I also do not have any accommodation sorted for third year and no one to live with. I had an apartment sorted with my current flatmate for third year but now we do not want to live together anymore so we need to find replacements otherwise we lose one months rent from our deposit.
(edited 7 years ago)
I live with my sister and a flatmate. My bedroom is in the middle, so I share walls with both of them. My sister causes no trouble. However, this flatmate is a guy who blasts music at almost maximum (or even maximum) volume all the time when he is home. When he is not blasting music, he is watching football at the same volume. When he is not blasting music or watching football, he is watching a film, TV show or an anime (of course, at such a volume that I can tell what film, TV show or anime he is watching if I pay attention to the words or sound for a few seconds; to exemplify, these past few weeks, he watched Two and a Half Men, Star Wars, Naruto Shippuden, and Code Geass - no, he did not tell me this, it was unnecessary). It has got to the point in which if I hear nothing, I know he is not home or that he is sleeping.

That is not all. Say I take a bath and go brush my hair while I wait for the water to drain so I can clean the bath tub afterwards. If he happens to go to the bathroom right after the water is drained, he accuses me of never cleaning up after myself and tries to teach me the basic, logical lesson that is cleaning up after myself. Do I look retarded to you? 'Cause I am not and I KNOW that I need to clean up after myself; it is not my fault you went to the bathroom before I could see the water had drained. He also counts the minutes I spend in the bathoom. :colonhash:

In addition, he yells and shouts angrily in the house for stupid reasons like having to empty the trash can. My sister and I jumped when he started shouting/yelling about something in the kitchen or when he was watching a football match. (My sister and I hate shouting and yelling due to our childhood, so if we hear shouting or yelling, we freeze, stay still in our room(s), and start talking to each other through messages, very quiet whispers or tiny signs like a nod.) Our response was to put our phones on silent, text each other, and see if the other is okay. Once the zone was clear, I went to her room and we comforted each other. Yeah.

Also, this one time he invited a woman over. I had to listen to them having sex since they were too loud while trying to fall asleep so I could get to school on time. Dude, if it is 10-11 PM and you share a thin wall with your flatmate, who has to get up at 5 AM, keep quiet! No one wants to hear you having sex, especially not when they desperately need some sleep.
(edited 6 years ago)
One of my housemates put cake in the toaster and it got stuck and now it burns every time we use the toaster and I am scared it is going to set the fire alarms off.
Reply 952
Original post by izpenguin
One of my housemates put cake in the toaster and it got stuck and now it burns every time we use the toaster and I am scared it is going to set the fire alarms off.

Pause... HOW? Wait, in what world would they think putting cake in a toaster was a good idea :lol: :s-smilie:
I live with alcoholics below me. They are older than my parents, immature as sin, and it reminds me why alcoholic can be one of the most devastating things to inflict society.

I feel sorry for them, what kind of life must they be living, to require being intoxicated most nights and drinking so much? They are tyrants, oppressors, and i have had rows with them after a long time trying to be polite.

This 'lets go out and get wasted' mentality is sickening.
Original post by Eunomia
I'm sick of mine and the way they always have guests over. Can't get a quiet evening because of them, would love to just get my own place and be done with it.

Indeed.

This is what also happens with me. When they bring 'guests' over so late, making loud noises, i make sure i go down, even if i have to 1-3 times.

The first few times, i will be polite.

And then i will challenge them and say 'What kind of respect are you showing? What sort of behaviour is this? Come out and face me rather than cowering in you rooms."
Original post by Tawheed
Indeed.

This is what also happens with me. When they bring 'guests' over so late, making loud noises, i make sure i go down, even if i have to 1-3 times.

The first few times, i will be polite.

And then i will challenge them and say 'What kind of respect are you showing? What sort of behaviour is this? Come out and face me rather than cowering in you rooms."

Is it uni accommodation or privately rented?
Original post by Eunomia
Is it uni accommodation or privately rented?

Private. When i was at uni, it was actually great - amazing, i never knew i had it so good. I wish i had made the most of the peace i had there.

I live with a 50 year old man underneath me, and his 'partner'. Believe me, i empathise with people, i do not judge, but now i realise just how low, manipulative, self-absorbed, alcoholic-loving, and absolute oppressive individuals some can be.

And i said this to his face. For a year, i was very timid, very polite, trying to win him over with kindness, but it seemed he took advantage of this, and when i showed i had strength and did not fear him one bit, and exerted myself, there was a push back.
Original post by Tawheed
Private. When i was at uni, it was actually great - amazing, i never knew i had it so good. I wish i had made the most of the peace i had there.

I live with a 50 year old man underneath me, and his 'partner'. Believe me, i empathise with people, i do not judge, but now i realise just how low, manipulative, self-absorbed, alcoholic-loving, and absolute oppressive individuals some can be.

And i said this to his face. For a year, i was very timid, very polite, trying to win him over with kindness, but it seemed he took advantage of this, and when i showed i had strength and did not fear him one bit, and exerted myself, there was a push back.

Be careful, hopefully you'll be able to get a new place soon (or they move out).
Original post by Eunomia
Be careful, hopefully you'll be able to get a new place soon (or they move out).

I'm moving out and finding somewhere cheaper. I may have to sleep in a much smaller room, but i will accept this fate if it means there is peace in the house.
the gossiping thread more like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending