Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The_Male_Melons
I can't wait for terra nova though.

WOW @ Terra Nova, btw you Americans always watch good things before us :frown:
Original post by kingkhan

I am not American. It is good- looking forward to it. American tv seems to be so much better.
Best Drama - The Wire

Best Sitcom - Arrested Development

In summary, I approve.
I love Boardwalk Empire, Games of throne, Camelot, Mildred Pierce, My Family, Kennedys, The Code etc

good choice
I'd rather watch Entourage than The Simpsons.

How's this really an issue these days with the internets and all? ;p

As much as I love science fiction Terra Nova seems almost too ridiculous for it to be good (in a serious sorta way, which is what I got the impression they were going for).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by concubine
I
As much as I love science fiction Terra Nova seems almost too ridiculous for it to be good (in a serious sorta way, which is what I got the impression they were going for).

It is Speilberg so..looking forward to it. I am going to see. I need something after Lost.
How can you not like Top Gear? Even if you don't like cars, Clarkson's arrogance/ignorance/controversy is hilarious...

:getmecoat:
Original post by Pheylan

Hi

did you just quote me to get me to go into this **** thread?

It's ****ing ****...

Edit:

Actually I'll take that back after reading the 'hate' list, most of those are ****. But I don't watch enough of the 'love' list to actually like this thread...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
I don't watch Top Gear, but it must be pretty good to last so many seasons.
Reply 29
Top gear is pretty predictable ybf, dunno why i still wtach that cr*p.

But OP, come on! HIMYM is epic (S1-3 at least)
Reply 30
Original post by concubine

How's this really an issue these days with the internets and all? ;p

Not really, but I prefer to watch TV shows on my plasma with my family :wink:
Reply 31

the trailer looks good on youtube
Reply 32
Yes! Somebody else knows of Larry David! A prettay, prettayy prettayyy good producer.

Now im off because ive had enough of this ridiculous stop and chat, strangers.
Original post by Pheylan
Bored the **** out of me

A-bloody-men. Entourage was a brilliant show for its first couple of seasons; fresh and exciting. Now its just repetitive crap for its story-lines, mixed in with, another party ONCE again and Vince screwing some random broad ONCE again :rolleyes:

With regards to the new series, I'm glad its the last (and not a full season order at that even); though I must say Turtle has lost a crap-ton of weight and almost looks completely different (almost b/c he still wears those hats :biggrin:).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
Yeah Turtles clothes actually look too bignfor him #Entourage.

I'm half way through Season 6 of The Sopranos,? been eventful so far, 11 episodes left!
Reply 35
Original post by Yawn11
I don't watch Top Gear, but it must be pretty good to last so many seasons.

Reply 36
Original post by Pheylan

That's passionate hate.
Entourage is in the wrong list, and Breaking Bad is missed on the good.

A lot of the stuff on the bad side isn't that bad too, most of it is average, some of it is good and Entourage is quality. Took me a while to like it but i got hooked when i got into it. Community is left out too. Plus I hear Modern Family is good. Arrested Development is the greatest show of all time for me :colone: I think Mad Men is my next show to watch once i've finished watching Entourage (half way through s7). But i agree with what some are saying, if you are going to put some critically acclaimed stuff and some good stuff generally in the bad list, what is the point of having this as a society if loads are going to disagree with your subjective opinion for a thread you want to make people discuss around your opinions. Sounds silly and i won't be discussing anything more here as it's stupid, and getting a bit elitist.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gob Bluth
x

Just wanna say, I love your username...

I just want to grab your face and pull it towards me so that you can taste the happy.
Reply 39
Original post by Gob Bluth
Entourage is in the wrong list, and Breaking Bad is missed on the good.

A lot of the stuff on the bad side isn't that bad too, most of it is average, some of it is good and Entourage is quality. Took me a while to like it but i got hooked when i got into it. Community is left out too. Plus I hear Modern Family is good. Arrested Development is the greatest show of all time for me :colone: I think Mad Men is my next show to watch once i've finished watching Entourage (half way through s7). But i agree with what some are saying, if you are going to put some critically acclaimed stuff and some good stuff generally in the bad list, what is the point of having this as a society if loads are going to disagree with your subjective opinion for a thread you want to make people discuss around your opinions. Sounds silly and i won't be discussing anything more here as it's stupid, and getting a bit elitist.

Can't stand Community or Modern Family. I didn't say that anything that's not on the good list is **** - I'm aware Breaking Bad is a good show. However I haven't got into it yet. Don't like Entourage either, and it's my society :u:

Quick Reply

Latest