The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Anem123
I'm also from South England! Well at least I'm not the only one then, wow what a day!! xxx

Yes how exciting !!!! Good luck with preparation :smile:
Reply 221
Got an interview for 19th as well. Undergrad entry with 41/42.

Original post by soph2304
same i have received an interview by post today but just checked UCAS track and it hasn't come up - maybe because it is a weekend? Mine is on the 16th Dec and I am from the South England!

My Dundee interview has not shown on track either. Is it maybe only offers which show on track?
Reply 222
Interviews aren't shown on track, just decisions made by the universities. Good luck to those with interviews for QUB!
Original post by Fizzingwhizbee
Also worried about rumours that everyone is from Northern Ireland so goes home for the weekend and it's quiet. I think I'm scared because no one from my school EVER applies so it's seen as weird. Sounds like a lovely city and uni though :smile:.

Whereabouts in England are you?

This is true (for the most part). I'm from NI and all my friends are home at the weekend getting fed and getting their washing done. That isn't uni life for me so thats why i didnt apply there :rolleyes: I think if you make friends with other people in your situation you'll be grand though!
Reply 224
Wooo i got an interview for the 16th at 1:45 cant wait, who else is flying out there?

(i got 38/42 for anyone whos interested)

Also does anyone know the interview / offer ratio?
Reply 225
if i get a letter tomorrow the postman will be like father christmas!
Reply 226
Original post by tbag1
Got an interview for 19th as well. Undergrad entry with 41/42.

What time is yours? I'm on the 19th too.
Reply 227
Ive an interview on the 16th :smile: Im from NI and to anyone coming from england I wouldnt worry to much about the weekends ! Everyone I know including myself all hit the town at the weekends together anyway .... so it isnt necessarily quiet :smile:
Reply 228
Hello!
Does anyone know of people getting an interview with less than 38 points?
Thanks
Reply 229
Is anyone else flying out on their own? if so where did you get the best deal on flights?
also anyone from England going out on the 16th?

oh and i know there are two Airports in Belfast anyone know how difficult it is to get from Belfast Intl to QUB
Reply 230
Original post by OSharp
Is anyone else flying out on their own? if so where did you get the best deal on flights?
also anyone from England going out on the 16th?

oh and i know there are two Airports in Belfast anyone know how difficult it is to get from Belfast Intl to QUB

It would take 25-30 minutes to drive from Belfast intl to queens, if you go to George Best it'll take 5 :smile:
Reply 231
Hi everyone - i was just wondering if anyone wanted to discuss different preperation techniques for the MMI :s-smilie:. Im starting to get nervous as i am worrying about it. Obviously there are alot of rules regarding the discussion of interviews so please don't break any - any replys to this post are welcome in my thread "MMI - any thoughts?"
Reply 232
Original post by Anem123
I'm also from South England! Well at least I'm not the only one then, wow what a day!! xxx

Original post by soph2304
same i have received an interview by post today but just checked UCAS track and it hasn't come up - maybe because it is a weekend? Mine is on the 16th Dec and I am from the South England!

For the record im also from the south east, and on the 16th at 1:45 but im flying out to belfast on the thursday morning, anyone else arriving early? I would be really keen to meet up and have a look around the city with someone in the same boat as me, as im going out on my own :smile:
Reply 233
Original post by OSharp
For the record im also from the south east, and on the 16th at 1:45 but im flying out to belfast on the thursday morning, anyone else arriving early? I would be really keen to meet up and have a look around the city with someone in the same boat as me, as im going out on my own :smile:

I'm flying out from Gatwick on Thursday (midday) so will arrive relatively early. My interview time is 11:30. Sooooo nervous already!! Same I am having to go on my own too.
Congrats to all who have interviews so far!

Has anyone been given a Feb interview yet? Or does anyone know if they only release the Feb interviews closer to the time?
Reply 235
Original post by orie2261
Interviews aren't shown on track, just decisions made by the universities. Good luck to those with interviews for QUB!

Thank you for the clarification!!
Reply 236
Original post by OSharp

My interview is Monday 19th and I will be flying out Sunday 18th so will end up missing you! Hopefully we can meet up one day as medical students at QUB!

:smile:
Original post by Fizzingwhizbee
Also worried about rumours that everyone is from Northern Ireland so goes home for the weekend and it's quiet. I think I'm scared because no one from my school EVER applies so it's seen as weird. Sounds like a lovely city and uni though :smile:.

Whereabouts in England are you?

Im sorry to tell you that this is true. All NI students return home to get there washing done. The weekend is dead. I know a couple of English students, they tend to stick together at weekends.
Reply 238
mmmmm....... still no letter...... do you automatically get a interview with enough points?

Anybody got an interview for the 20th yet?
Reply 239
Original post by os93
mmmmm....... still no letter...... do you automatically get a interview with enough points?

Anybody got an interview for the 20th yet?

everyone is ranked and top 500 get interviews, phone or email the admissions office asking about the status of your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending