The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unknownking321
Thanks, great film but I don't watch films with ad breaks. :smile:

im not a fan either but i find film4 pretty decent and doesnt go overboard with ads.

:coma:
Where did you get that Back to the Future poster from? :holmes:

Smooth move. :indiff:

Original post by rofflewaffle
It's like, the best thing ever :yy:, so you should :colonhash:.

I've watched series 1 but no further. Is it even good after series 1/does it go downhill? :holmes:

Considering they break out of prison and the show is called ... Prison Break. :teehee:
It's American tv, so after season 1 it naturally turns into convoluted mess that has no idea where it's going but sticks enough contrived plot twists and explosions to keep the ratings up.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

I've watched series 1 but no further. Is it even good after series 1/does it go downhill? :holmes:

Considering they break out of prison and the show is called ... Prison Break. :teehee:

Nonononono it doesn't go downhill at all. Please watch it. Perhaps that isn't the last time there will be prisons to break out of :iiam:.

It's worth watching, Ape. :yes:

In other news, is anyone interested in any 24 props? :holmes:
Original post by Seanisonfire
It's American tv, so after season 1 it naturally turns into convoluted mess that has no idea where it's going but sticks enough contrived plot twists and explosions to keep the ratings up.

You got that right.

Spoiler

:mmm:

Nonononono it doesn't go downhill at all. Please watch it. Perhaps that isn't the last time there will be prisons to break out of :iiam:.

Good to hear. :smile: I'll go on a Prison Break marathon (along with Lost) during Christmas period. :teeth:

Good to hear. :smile: I'll go on a Prison Break marathon (along with Lost) during Christmas period. :teeth:

Excellent. I'm half way through the first season of Lost, finding it a bit dull. Hope it gets better.

You got that right.

Spoiler

:mmm:

You can't diss Heroes and then say you're going to watch Lost. :pierre:
Original post by unknownking321
Naked women. :puppyeyes:

Original post by Phalanges
Tron :puppyeyes:

Update. Got an email...

Ibraheem Youssef to me
show details 22:26 (3 minutes ago)
payment options are paypal and credit card (visa or mastercard)

also, I do indeed ship to the UK.

it's 22$ for regular 4-8 week delivery
or 55$ for express 2-4 day delivery
Phalanges, do winners of the film review competition still get credits/riches? I can't see it in the OP. :gah:
Update. Got an email...

Ibraheem Youssef to me
show details 22:26 (3 minutes ago)
payment options are paypal and credit card (visa or mastercard)

also, I do indeed ship to the UK.

it's 22$ for regular 4-8 week delivery
or 55$ for express 2-4 day delivery

Thanks. :h:
Original post by Seanisonfire
You can't diss Heroes and then say you're going to watch Lost. :pierre:

Lost is a pinnacle of TV, providing exceptional character drama and building up substance and deep character connections which excused the producers of many of their more questionable decisions.

Heroes is a show which sold itself as "we won't be doing a Lost", had one good season, tried to copy all of Lost's character building but didn't realise that what made it work for them was substance rather than a simple formula and subsequently collapsed into a steaming pile of **** which everyone ended up despising before it got cancelled.

Excellent. I'm half way through the first season of Lost, finding it a bit dull. Hope it gets better.

What? I love it, can't see how you think it's dull. If you make it to the second season one of the greatest, most underappreciated actors working joins the fray (Michael Emerson) and from there it is just phenomenal.

In terms of season quality, I would say Lost goes:

4>5>2>1>6>3
(edited 13 years ago)

Phalanges, do winners of the film review competition still get credits/riches? I can't see it in the OP. :gah:

Dunno, so I didn't include it. I'll try and find out at some point.
Reply 4037
Just finished watching Inception. Wow.

Going to watch The Prestige and Shutter Island soon, when I have the time.

Edit; just watched the trailer for Shutter Island, reminds me of The Wicker Man.
(edited 13 years ago)
See when Phalanges gets going about things he likes/loves/is passionate about...it's a bit like the arousing rousing, powerful and moving speech a person gives before a battle/war. :moon:

Original post by channy
Just finished watching Inception. Wow.

Going to watch The Prestige and Shutter Island soon, when I have the time.

Edit; just watched the trailer for Shutter Island, reminds me of The Wicker Man.

About time. :colonhash:

You have much to look forward to. Enjoy. :h:

Don't enter this thread 'till you have watched both. "Fanatics" these days.. :facepalm2:
(edited 13 years ago)
TL;DR.

Interview with Christian Bale. Pretty long, but worth a read, if you're interested.

And hey, guess what? They're rebooting Buffy.

Latest