The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
Plenty of flat-parties going on. Obviously you won't be able to go into town unless you look a lot older or just get hold of a fake ID though.

Damn. I'm not the partying type though... it is something of a university-life requirement to get into that sort of thing?
Original post by .snowflake.
He's been gone a year, and i still have days where I can't do the eating in public part.

:frown: awww i know what you mean x
Original post by punctuation
Damn. I'm not the partying type though... it is something of a university-life requirement to get into that sort of thing?

I hope not. I can do the being sociable part, just not for hours and hours and hours. Sixth form ball, didnt get home until nearly 2am. took me 3 days to recover.

Original post by shy-girl666
:frown: awww i know what you mean x

yup. If I eat, got called a 'fat cow', didnt eat infront of him, got called an 'anorexic bitch'. so was essentially buggered if i did, and buggered if i didnt!
(edited 12 years ago)

No, but if you are not into any such things then why are you worrying about not being able to do things you wouldn't do anyway lol?
Aww.. It all feels so real now... :tongue:

Muchly exciting :woo:
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Aww.. It all feels so real now... :tongue:

Muchly exciting :woo:

I know! Had my first open day today. Wasnt fussed either way about it after seening the website, but going there OMGZ. The chemistry department is so shiiiiny. The place is modern, but not so modern that if feels as if its lacking a soul like lincoln uni did.
No, but if you are not into any such things then why are you worrying about not being able to do things you wouldn't do anyway lol?

I'm just worried that it's something everybody will be doing, and as a result I'll be the one stuck in my room not doing anything, while everyone else socializes. Is that really something that happens frequently, though?
I'm just worried that it's something everybody will be doing, and as a result I'll be the one stuck in my room not doing anything, while everyone else socializes. Is that really something that happens frequently, though?

In the first week there will be stuff every night. A lot will be flat based and as such you can go along and not drink if you don't want to - nobody cares. In the first couple of months then there will be a lot of going out if you have a flat that gets on well but even in these there are usually several people who don't go. It depends on the people; it is by no means a hard and fast rule. You can choose to stay in your room or not.
To shy girl I'm going to be twenty but I'm not worried. I get on really well with younger people at my college I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
In the first week there will be stuff every night. A lot will be flat based and as such you can go along and not drink if you don't want to - nobody cares. In the first couple of months then there will be a lot of going out if you have a flat that gets on well but even in these there are usually several people who don't go. It depends on the people; it is by no means a hard and fast rule. You can choose to stay in your room or not.

Right. I see. Thanks for the help!
I know! Had my first open day today. Wasnt fussed either way about it after seening the website, but going there OMGZ. The chemistry department is so shiiiiny. The place is modern, but not so modern that if feels as if its lacking a soul like lincoln uni did.

Sounds niice, where did you go?

Yeah, I went to Leicester Uni last weekend and even though I have now decided I'm definitely not going there, but just being big enough to go to the open day was amaaazing! :tongue:

And everything was still amazingly cool just because it was a university :colondollar:
Right. I see. Thanks for the help!

No problem.
Random question: why is the A in UCAS in red?
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Sounds niice, where did you go?

Yeah, I went to Leicester Uni last weekend and even though I have now decided I'm definitely not going there, but just being big enough to go to the open day was amaaazing! :tongue:

And everything was still amazingly cool just because it was a university :colondollar:

Sheffield. The proper one, not Hallam. and and and, I've got a huuuge A4 sided periodic table, and a pen and a load of leaflets and shizzle.
Random question: why is the A in UCAS in red?

It will just be how the marketing company they hired designed it - I doubt there is any significance other than at the time an A was the top grade perhaps.
Thanks! Also a little random, but I found this quite amusing...

From the Uncyclopedia:

Dear Sir,
UCAS is pleased to note that you have received an offer from University College, London, but we will make it sound like this is the worst thing you have ever done to us anyway. Accept the offer immediately, or we will kill you. Failure to do this will result in us killing you, and you may lose the place. Also, do not send confidential information using the FAQ forum on our website, or we will kill you, and you may lose all future grades. If you have no legs, you must APPLY IMMEDIATELY for legs, using the form on our website, or we will kill you, and you may lose your arms. If you do not achieve the grades required for conditional offers, you will lose the offer, and will have to gamble your livelihood on the rat race that is clearing. You must say good bye to all loved ones as UCAS does not support the use of loved ones during the exam process. If you have the faculty to love, you have not successfully sold your soul in your personal statement. Scottish national qualifications mean nothing to most of those who read this, but we will donate a large amount of room to their discussion anyway: Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers strawberry Scottish highers Scottish highers Scottish highers. We own you, so will do as we please with your time. If you live in Baltimore, Dhaka or Burkina Faso, you must submit your UCAS form before the 3rd of june, during the solar eclipse, standing in barefoot. Failure to do so will result in us killing and loving you to death.
Yours sincerely,
The UCAS team

:lol:
Hi I'm applying too! really want to do occupational therapy but just hope my health holds up. Looking online i think Cardiff is my best bet. most unis want cs and bs for OT, so i don't think I'll need an insurance option. I'm liking Cardiff, Southampton and liverpool atm. You get less choice with OT because fewer unis do it but it's what i really want to do :smile:
Thanks! Also a little random, but I found this quite amusing...
:lol:

XD
Sheffield. The proper one, not Hallam. and and and, I've got a huuuge A4 sided periodic table, and a pen and a load of leaflets and shizzle.

Oh I really wanted to go to that today but had a music theory exam :frown:
I was thinking of applying there, was it good? What were the facillities like??
(Tell me everything! :tongue:)

Guessing you're going for chemistry then?? :smile:

Ahh, love the free pens.. can never get enough!
Got a pencil with my cardiff prospectus the other day :biggrin:
Original post by rosemary22
Hi I'm applying too! really want to do occupational therapy but just hope my health holds up. Looking online i think Cardiff is my best bet. most unis want cs and bs for OT, so i don't think I'll need an insurance option. I'm liking Cardiff, Southampton and liverpool atm. You get less choice with OT because fewer unis do it but it's what i really want to do :smile:

But doesnt that help in terms of decieding where to apply/ your firm & insurance because you only have to cut it down to five from not very many, than if you wanted to do history, having to get down to five from practically every uni in the UK!

Latest