The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minerva
You can't amend your UCAS application, but you can arrange for your referee to send an email with updated predictions to your universities - contact them first to check that they will accept this (they usually will) and to whom it should be sent.

Since I'm international, I was the one to input the grades (under the reference section, though), not my reference. :s-smilie: If I have to contact my referee to do it I'll probably not bother to do it. As I said, it doesn't make much of a difference.

Thanks for answering my question promptly :smile:
Reply 1781
Original post by punctuation
Since I'm international, I was the one to input the grades (under the reference section, though), not my reference. :s-smilie: If I have to contact my referee to do it I'll probably not bother to do it. As I said, it doesn't make much of a difference.

I wouldn't say so. I'm international too but it was my referee who put predicted grades, because then they're much more reliable I guess.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cncll
I wouldn't say so. I'm international too but it was my referee who put predicted grades, because then they're much more reliable I guess.

Well, I have four teachers this semester and seven over my final year of secondary school. My referee only teaches one of seven classes I have this year, so I didn't expect her to know what I would be getting for biology, philosophy, etc. As such, I had to ask my teachers individually... The Polish school system is probably very different from the Canadian one. It wouldn't make sense for me to ask just one person my predicted grades, since each teacher teaches a different class.
Reply 1783

Well, I have four teachers this semester and seven over my final year of secondary school. My referee only teaches one of seven classes I have this year, so I didn't expect her to know what I would be getting for biology, philosophy, etc. As such, I had to ask my teachers individually... The Polish school system is probably very different from the Canadian one. It wouldn't make sense for me to ask just one person my predicted grades, since each teacher teaches a different class.

Hmm, if you say so... My class tutor just put grades I gave him. I've predicted them myself let's say. I don't know whether this would work in Canada or not. Let's hope it doesn't make any difference (:
Am I the only one who eagerly welcomes monday morning with open arms in the hope of offers coming through in the week to come?
:smile:
Reply 1785
Original post by DarwinsDevotee
Am I the only one who eagerly welcomes monday morning with open arms in the hope of offers coming through in the week to come?

We're MENTAL :biggrin:
Original post by cncll
We're MENTAL :biggrin:

Heh. Yes, generally it's followed on the friday by a "Oh well, maybe next week".. time is getting on now though I think there'll be a few offers this week! :colone:
Heh. Yes, generally it's followed on the friday by a "Oh well, maybe next week".. time is getting on now though I think there'll be a few offers this week! :colone:

Glad it's not just me :rolleyes:
Original post by shnibbles
Glad it's not just me :rolleyes:

Me tooooo! Everyone around me dreads monday mornings but i love them! Good luck everyone i hope it's a good week.
Original post by vanesavu
any offers or rejections from Imperial guys?

i got my imperial offer in mid february last year, so dont worry.
Reply 1790
Me tooooo! Everyone around me dreads monday mornings but i love them! Good luck everyone i hope it's a good week.

Me too! Though I like the Monday afternoons better, because I don't usually turn on my computer before lunchtime; having my desktop that available is an advantage of having my bedroom a one minute walk from whatever I'd need; dining room, classrooms, practice area, etc.
Best get another offer this week. -.- Come on LEEEEEEDS! (Or Sheffield).
Do we get 'acknowledgement' emails individually from the universities? As in 'Gloucestershire has received your application..." bla bla.
Reply 1793
Original post by Jabberwox
Do we get 'acknowledgement' emails individually from the universities? As in 'Gloucestershire has received your application..." bla bla.

Some universities send an automated email stating that they've received your application, some don't contact you at all before giving you a decision. There is no set rule on this. Examples: University of Bath send these out immediately after the application is sent, whereas University of Manchester (barre a few departments) do not send such an email at all.

I can assure you that all your universities and/or colleges of choice will receive your application. Don't worry! :wink:
Original post by stifa
Me too! Though I like the Monday afternoons better, because I don't usually turn on my computer before lunchtime; having my desktop that available is an advantage of having my bedroom a one minute walk from whatever I'd need; dining room, classrooms, practice area, etc.

Ha! Boarding school as well? My computer is on all throughout the day with email open with auto refresh so I don't get the panic of having to nervously open my email 3000 times a day.
Reply 1795
Original post by strawberryjellybaby
Ha! Boarding school as well? My computer is on all throughout the day with email open with auto refresh so I don't get the panic of having to nervously open my email 3000 times a day.

Track emails are sent out 96 times a day; every 15th minute; you don't have to obsess more than four times an hour. :p:

I'm currently at a folk high school. The term's misleading; it's kind of a gap year school, which is almost non-existent outside Scandinavia, where you spend a year studying something you wouldn't necessarily study at university. I'm currently studying music here, but are not planning to do that at university. Each of these schools are boarding schools as well, which I find as an advantage!

Are you doing your A2's at a boarding school now? That might be great; I would have more time for studying if I didn't have to spend so much time commuting, making my dinner, etc. (I shared an apartment with my brother, because my home was too far away from my former school.)

I seriously thought I was the only one :rolleyes:.

Same. :biggrin: I dread fridays because that's when LSE tend to give out rejections D:
"UCAS - national finance day"

genuinely **** you:frown::frown:
Original post by roseroserose.
"UCAS - national finance day"

genuinely **** you:frown::frown:

I got that e-mail as well :angry:

I thought I had unsubscribed from it, apparently not :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending