The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's pretty brutal. Feel for you man!
Original post by mikeyd85

That's pretty brutal. Feel for you man!

Yep, and after all that they reopened online submissions the next day and let people off for submitting late >=[ now I have my shiny new phone on the way though, so the anger's faded somewhat XD
:rolleyes: Gotta love it. Would send you mad otherwise.

You getting it with a contract or SIM free?
Reply 123
Which phone? :smile:

:rolleyes: Gotta love it. Would send you mad otherwise.

You getting it with a contract or SIM free?

Pretty much, I may still right an angry letter to the biology department due to poor organisation in the hopes of getting reimbursed. Every little counts =P

Getting it on my current contract, my iPhone 4 is essentially dead now and I'd have to wait another 7 months until my upgrade so I'm paying the early upgrade fee then balancing it out by selling the XBox. Works out at about £45 for the handset including deposit which I'm more than happy to pay for, then keeping my current contract.
Original post by Dez
Which phone? :smile:

The Lumia 800 [=
Yeah, that makes sense. Not a bad way to do it at all.
Reply 127
Ah, nice. That's a Windows phone isn't it? :holmes: WP7 does intrigue me, although I'm quite happy with my 4S.

Original post by Dez
Ah, nice. That's a Windows phone isn't it? :holmes: WP7 does intrigue me, although I'm quite happy with my 4S.

Yeah it's a Windows Phone. Six months ago I would have laughed at the thought of getting one, but since then my smartphone use as done a complete 180. I used to have about 8 screens of apps which I used the majority of quite regularly, now my iPhone is in that bad a state I've stopped using most apps that are remotely battery intensive, and I haven't missed it much at all. I'm now just after a phone with a great camera, nice web browser and proper social network integration, which the 800 excels at. Plus it's so pretty :ahee:

Yeah, that makes sense. Not a bad way to do it at all.

Haha yep, really lucked out on the XBox promotion, I'd have never been able to afford it otherwise XD
Reply 130
What promotion is that?
Original post by Kenny_uk

What promotion is that?

Upgrade to a Lumia 800, get a free XBox 360 Slim.
Reply 132
Damnnn thats nice :smile:

Damnnn thats nice :smile:

I know, means I'm getting the handset for about a tenth of the price once I see it off, so I'm happy [=
I do like the look of win pho but seeing as I now have a good collection of paid for android apps I think I'll be staying put for a while. Will certainly look at it when my contract is up in 18 months
Anyone else on here watch loads of random unboxings
( I was addicted to them last year :rofl:)
Original post by IamBeowulf

I don't think I've ever watched an unboxing before, how can you get excited if it's not you unboxing it?
Original post by wizard710
I don't think I've ever watched an unboxing before, how can you get excited if it's not you unboxing it?

i dont know, but its not just me who gets excited - unboxing vids have loads of views
Original post by wizard710
I do like the look of win pho but seeing as I now have a good collection of paid for android apps I think I'll be staying put for a while. Will certainly look at it when my contract is up in 18 months

Haha I don't want to think about the amount I've spent on the iOS app store XD

Depends on the product really, if it's something I'd want myself or downright awesome then I watch them, I tend to glaze over the dozens upon dozens of Android handsets that the tech channels I subscribe to unbox each month though :tongue:

I
i dont know, but its not just me who gets excited - unboxing vids have loads of views

Oh yeah I don't doubt that, it's just I personally don't see the point in them

Latest