The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
can anyone recommend me a website in which I can read Nahjolbalaghe (Imam Ali's words) and Nahjolfasahe (our prophet's word's) in English?
Why does everyone do Eid on different days?
Reply 82
Original post by SaintSoldier
Why does everyone do Eid on different days?

that is beause the sighting of the moon is on diffenent days in the different countries
Original post by amerzeb
that is beause the sighting of the moon is on diffenent days in the different countries

Oh so you do it according to your own country? Right that makes sense; I thought you did it according to when the Moon is seen in Saudi Arabia.

What if you live in the North Pole in the season where there is constant daylight for 3 months? How do you know when to break the fast then?

Isn't it unfair that some countires will finish earlier than others?
Reply 84
Oh so you do it according to your own country? Right that makes sense; I thought you did it according to when the Moon is seen in Saudi Arabia.

What if you live in the North Pole in the season where there is constant daylight for 3 months? How do you know when to break the fast then?

well to those who, have constant daylight then, for them theyhave to look at a neighbouring country, that doesnt have a constant daylight, and follow them.

what you been by that, like some will celebrate eid earlier than another, if so then, to those who fast, theycan get more reward for fasting, praying supplication, so i dont think of it as unfair
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by amerzeb
what you been by that, like some will celebrate eid earlier than another, if so then, to those who fast, theycan get more reward for fasting, praying supplication, so i dont think of it as unfair

I mean that some countries will have longer days than others
Reply 86
I mean that some countries will have longer days than others

but it does change, depending on the season in which ramadan starts, 10 yrs ago england had 8 hours of fasting, now is around 18, i would just say that it is a trial and many muslims do not find it hard anyway
Reply 87

If an individual lives in a country where he is unable to distinguish between prayer times and sunrise and sunset in order for him to open and close his fast, he should follow the given times from a country close by (I think it may be the closest country where such times are available).
Original post by mel0n
If an individual lives in a country where he is unable to distinguish between prayer times and sunrise and sunset in order for him to open and close his fast, he should follow the given times from a country close by (I think it may be the closest country where such times are available).

What if you're isolated like the eskimos?
Original post by amerzeb
But those who reject our signs and treat them with arrogance They are companions of the Fire, to dwell therein (forever). 7:36

Those who reject Faith and do wrong Allah;― will not forgive them, nor guide them to any way. Except the way of Hell, to dwell therein forever: and this to Allah is easy. 4:168-169

hope that helps

Did you read the link attached to my post?
Reply 90
Original post by Person1001
Did you read the link attached to my post?

link not working
Reply 91

I don't know.
Reply 92

What do you mean?
Reply 93
Original post by leiloon
can anyone recommend me a website in which I can read Nahjolbalaghe (Imam Ali's words) and Nahjolfasahe (our prophet's word's) in English?

"Nahjolbalaghe" isn't authentic. I suggest reading/watching a reliable biography on him instead.
Original post by S'Class
What do you mean?

If the Eskimos were Muslims, then they were would be so far away from civilisation that they wouldn't be able to find out when to break their fast during Ramadan, hence they would either starve to death or break their fast too early.
Reply 95
If the Eskimos were Muslims, then they were would be so far away from civilisation that they wouldn't be able to find out when to break their fast during Ramadan, hence they would either starve to death or break their fast too early.

What?! :lolwut:

Whoever lives in a land in which the sun does not set during the summer and does not rise during the winter, or who lives in a land in which the day lasts for six months and the night lasts for six months, for example, has to perform the five daily prayers in each twenty-four hour period. They should estimate their times based on the nearest country in which the times of the five daily prayers can be distinguished from one another and hence know when to fast. If they are civilised enough to have embraced Islam then it is very fair to assume they are in contact with the rest of the world. You can get a calender in which the calculated prayer times are clear for the coming year.

It would be the intention to fast that would count. Just as for diabetics they may be allowed to skip the fast or simply fast for however long they deem right.
Reply 97

Has the problem actually happened with eskimos. I meen have the eskimos ever been muslim and had no contact with outside world during ramamdan.
Reply 98

"There are four methods in estimating the ending time of Eisha and the beginning time of Fajr:

1) In those certain days where Eisha time fails to appear, the time will be set according to the last day when dawn actually did rise. For example, on the final day where dawn set, it was 1.21, a.m. So throughout the period when there is no apparent beginning time for Fajr, we will set the time at 1.21, a.m. This is known as ‘aqrab al-Ayyam’.

2) The time between sunset and sunrise is divided into two parts. The first half is considered to be night and the second morning, meaning the time for Eisha will end (and the time for Fajr will commence) when the first half comes to an end. This is known as ‘Nisf al-layl’.

3) Aqrab al-bilad. This method is by looking at the nearest place where the time for Eisha does appear and the time is set according to their time. This is known as Aqrab al-Bilad.

4) The last method is where the time between sunset and sunrise is divided into seven parts. The first six parts are considered to be the night (in which you may perform the Eisha prayer) and the final part considered to be the commencement for dawn (Fajr prayer)."

http://www.daruliftaa.com/question?txt_questionid=q-22092339
Reply 99
Original post by shady_123
"There are four methods in estimating the ending time of Eisha and the beginning time of Fajr:

1) In those certain days where Eisha time fails to appear, the time will be set according to the last day when dawn actually did rise. For example, on the final day where dawn set, it was 1.21, a.m. So throughout the period when there is no apparent beginning time for Fajr, we will set the time at 1.21, a.m. This is known as ‘aqrab al-Ayyam’.

2) The time between sunset and sunrise is divided into two parts. The first half is considered to be night and the second morning, meaning the time for Eisha will end (and the time for Fajr will commence) when the first half comes to an end. This is known as ‘Nisf al-layl’.

3) Aqrab al-bilad. This method is by looking at the nearest place where the time for Eisha does appear and the time is set according to their time. This is known as Aqrab al-Bilad.

4) The last method is where the time between sunset and sunrise is divided into seven parts. The first six parts are considered to be the night (in which you may perform the Eisha prayer) and the final part considered to be the commencement for dawn (Fajr prayer)."

http://www.daruliftaa.com/question?txt_questionid=q-22092339

Mashallah, I had not heard of 2 and 4 before :yy: