The Student Room Group

AS students: how far are you in your revision?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sharmine
Yeah, i am doing Gold :smile:
:redface: we did 2 days only... how many miles are you walking?
It was horrible at times, but very rewarding. Don't give up even if you're on a big hill and look up and see there is even further to go!!

Ughh I know, I hate hills :P we are doing 7 tors on our last day on the assessed...I think I may die :tongue:
I don't know it in miles but on the assessed overall we're doing about 88km I think .. and about 60km next week. :s-smilie: You? Did you do bronze/silver?
Only started revision yesterday :s-smilie: one of my friends has been revising for months! Have put together a rather ambitious revision timetable with 6 hours a day of revision. Am already behind!!! Is it better to do exam papers or just copy out notes/ do revision workbooks? I spent the entire Christmas holidays revising for just 4 exams, but this time I've got three times as many and less free time to revise :s-smilie: And we haven't even finished the course for physics, further maths and chemistry! We have a whole section on Quantum Mechanics in physics to learn, which sounds rather frightening with only 6 weeks until the exam! Anyone else panicking!?
Reply 82
Original post by -strawberry-
Ughh I know, I hate hills :P we are doing 7 tors on our last day on the assessed...I think I may die :tongue:
I don't know it in miles but on the assessed overall we're doing about 88km I think .. and about 60km next week. :s-smilie: You? Did you do bronze/silver?

Haha:smile:
Wow, 60 km next week? We only did 18 miles last weekend.
Is this your first practice expedition for Gold? And nope, i am a direct golder!!:P
Reply 83
Starting properly in a few minutes...well I hope I do.
Original post by sharmine
Haha:smile:
Wow, 60 km next week? We only did 18 miles last weekend.
Is this your first practice expedition for Gold? And nope, i am a direct golder!!:P

Yeah, first practice for gold although we have done quite a few 2-day expeds every so often :tongue: and I did bronze so I'm quite used to them, the extra day will be tough though, I can tell!
How many pages of notes has people done im starting to think i have done way too much
Reply 86
I've got all 8 exams in june :frown: & I already have my notes from unit 1 in all my subjects which I did in Jan, & have not touched ever since :colondollar:.

As for unit 2:

Biology- all notes are done I just have to do as many past papers as possible & memorise as much as possible .

Chemistry- same as biology except I'm gonna need a lot more practise in this subject.

Physics- 1/2 my notes & past papers still need to be done.

Psychology- 3/4 of my notes done & I'll try to fit in a few past papers but I'm not too fussed about this subject.

I just hope I have enough brain capacity to remember everything, coz even though I revise a lot I can never find a way to keep all the info in my head for more than a few hours. Any tips?
I was gonna start on Sunday but I'm ill (always happens at the beginning of every holiday) and I'm still not feeling well so I might start tomorrow :/
Reply 88
Original post by cera ess six
How many pages of notes has people done im starting to think i have done way too much

It depends on which subjects you do. Would you be able to read all your notes for a specific subject in under an hour? If not, then unfortunately you have done too much & may have to condense it. I made the same mistake in Chemistry & I'm gonna start condensing it as soon as I get off this site. :tongue:
Reply 89
Original post by cera ess six

I do too much too. :frown:
Reply 90
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Only started revision yesterday :s-smilie: one of my friends has been revising for months! Have put together a rather ambitious revision timetable with 6 hours a day of revision. Am already behind!!! Is it better to do exam papers or just copy out notes/ do revision workbooks? I spent the entire Christmas holidays revising for just 4 exams, but this time I've got three times as many and less free time to revise :s-smilie: And we haven't even finished the course for physics, further maths and chemistry! We have a whole section on Quantum Mechanics in physics to learn, which sounds rather frightening with only 6 weeks until the exam! Anyone else panicking!?

I think it's better to master the theory before you do past papers, because then past papers help to consolidate your knowledge and refine exam technique. I spent the entire christmas holidays on one exam, haha! Biology I think I'm alright with, chemistry unit 2 is killing me (we didn't get taught it properly), computing is just memorisation and maths I just need to do tonnes of practice.

We've still got 6 weeks - plenty of time! Even if you just spend the whole Easter holidays making sure you thoroughly understand everything, you then have another 4 weeks to do loads of practice. You'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 91
I know! I think I might have to .. I wish they had given them to us but said that we didn't have to do them! Then I wouldn't feel so much pressure and would maybe do 12 hours of them instead :tongue:

Haha there would be no point in giving them to you if you didnt have to do them ;D well you COULD do it in 2 days, 12 hours in each day
Reply 92
Original post by senz72
Starting properly in a few minutes...well I hope I do.

pahaha! sure...
Get off TSR!!
Reply 93
I am failing so badly with my revision :frown:. Can't believe how much stuff there is for subjects like history... I didn't feel like we did that much work this year! Oh well i think i'm about half way through (but i've already had a week and a half off). Just get distracted to easily. Like right now... I should be doing work, not on here :smile:
Finished C1 on Sunday, revised bits of English lit yesterday and made a start on C2 today (9 chapters to go :colondollar:). I want to get Maths over and done with so that I can dedicate more time to my other subjects.
Original post by omgg
Haha there would be no point in giving them to you if you didnt have to do them ;D well you COULD do it in 2 days, 12 hours in each day

I knowwww but we haven't even finished learning everything yet :frown: AND on top of all the revision and past papers I still have homework to do! ... :'(
Reply 96
I knowwww but we haven't even finished learning everything yet :frown: AND on top of all the revision and past papers I still have homework to do! ... :'(

Past papers usually don't take the full amount of time though when you do them at home because you're not so worried about checking it thoroughly. :smile:
Starting now :tongue:
Reply 98
Original post by PeteyB26
Have most of you finished all the content for your exams? We've not finished anything :/

Finished both History units, still have English literature coursework to hand in, Economics unit 2 to finish, and the last text for English literature. Great!
Reply 99
Starting tomorrow after my driving lesson :smile: (:s-smilie:)

Quick Reply

Latest