Well my predictions are
Maths- B
Science-B
English LANG-A
Spanish - A*
History- B
ICT- A*
R.E.-A
& yeah! i hope so.. your the only person i've met that is thinking of Leeds :biggrin:

A* spanish :O .... i cant do that :L best in my class but expected to get about a B because the other moderating school is really uptight -.- so miss is expecting them to lower our corsework even though i exceeded the mininum requirements -.-

are you doing dual award science or seperate science ? and is your ICT OCR national ? and i also got a B in my history .. also due to the moderating school marking my controlled assessment down -.-

Congrats oon your A* predictions i have A* in maths and also predicted A* in english Language and Litrature and possible chemistry :biggrin:<3
Original post by MangoFreak
If I'm correct, we technically leave compulsory education in like a year :ahee:

1 year and a half term to go
Original post by Dalek1099
I thought it would be interesting to post about what's happening in all my subjects and i would like people to respond and comment,on how they are doing in their subjects:

1.Geography(1 GCSE)-I'm doing great in Geography and got full UMS in my 1st exam on coasts and seem to be finding the natural hazards work enjoyable and not too difficult.I think I do some coursework this year and I'm sort of scared but there is probably nothing to worry about.I corrected my Geography teacher about the Richter scale,he thought it only went up to 9.I should easily get an A* in the subject.
2.Maths(1 GCSE)-I got 79/80 in my June Exam and what would be full UMS in my mock so no real concerns and I just love number and algebra but I don't like my teacher too much-she's against farting in the classroom-it is healthy to fart and unhealthy to cause pain,does too much group work,once took my pen away because I was attempting a question,when she said to read it-its maths not reading!!! and is trying to teach English,instructions on solving things and marking it as an English piece-how crazy is that? and she keeps going on about how hard it is to get an A or A* in Maths and you won't if you don't do this and that.I should get an A* even if I didn't do the things she says I need to ,to get an A or A* but I do anyway.
3.English(2 GCSEs)-I have got an A* in English Language(273/300) to be moderated-joint top in the class and for English Literature I need 55/60 in my Poetry exam,which could be tough-does anyone have any experience of learning how to analyse poetry? and I start learning Poetry after the holidays for an exam about the 24th May I think.The teacher seems very good at drawing the best out of us like full UMS for Macbeth and Rita so I'm very pleased.Should get an A* for Language and an A for Literature because I have never got an A* for an English exam so an A8 in the exam seems far-fetched.
4.PE(2 GCSEs)-I really don't know what I'm doing in this subject because the teacher isn't very helpful and supposedly the class has completed the last unit but only to a C and we are now starting the next unit but with 3 or even 4 units not sure for 2 GCSEs how will I get the higher grades-my target is an A*?My teacher does seem very disorganised.I should be able to get 2Bs at the end of the course,which is upsetting.
5.Business(2 GCSEs)-I'm enjoying Business and so far have got As for every piece of work ranging from business aims to types of business(private limited,public limited,sole trader etc) and expect an A and an A* pretty easily because most people are struggling to hit the As and may have to redo the coursework.My Business teacher says my work is too complicated though and I had to delete some of my coursework because it was too complicated.
6.ICT(2 GCSEs)-Coping very well with the coursework I completed the 1st Unit,in my Option lessons,half term before everyone else,it was about a presentation about a charity concert and was easily an A and I am now currently working on creating web pages.My Option ICT teacher doesn't like me rushing things through!!!For my core lessons,I'm currently getting As and am nicely working through a newsletter about a fake French trip and the attractions that are on the trip.I should get an A and an A* here.
7.French(1 GCSE)-I am currently working on my French Speaking exam and am very worried about-I shouldn't be because of German but I am and my teacher was very worried because my original work would've lasted 12 minutes and let's say I had to cut it down.I think I will be able to get an A in the Speaking exam and progress though the course an get an A.
8.RE(1 GCSE)-I got 78/80 in my mock,which would be full UMS so I'm working well in the subject and I should be able to get an A* but I do have only 2 lessons before the exam on May 15th because of the Easter holidays,work experience and the French speaking exam.
9.Science(2 GCSEs)-I'm really worried about Science because I'm only on a high B at the moment and I know the topics but can't apply them well it enough it seems.I'm so scared and worried about science because I can't work out how I can get an A* and Science is a very important subject-especially because it links it to Maths at A-Level and I may struggle without a clear understanding of Science.

Original post by GreenLantern1
You're an arrogant pompus fool. Clearly, this is a post where you try to show off. Btw reading a question in maths is still maths! You don't randomly follow numbers without reading what the question asks.

Btw minus 4 GCSEs as PE and ICT are Levl 2 BTECS which are completely worthless! Level 3 BTECs are great, but not Level 2!

:jumphug:

Dalek, I can imagine that you're going to crash and burn at A Level. :ahee Have fun. GCSEs aren't supposed to test your mental capacities greatly. You're taught to be successful in examinations, not actual knowledge (which, to be fair, is also true at A Level I believe, but it still requires more effort). GCSE Science is so dumbed down that it's literally wrong.
Original post by techno836
A* spanish :O .... i cant do that :L best in my class but expected to get about a B because the other moderating school is really uptight -.- so miss is expecting them to lower our corsework even though i exceeded the mininum requirements -.-

are you doing dual award science or seperate science ? and is your ICT OCR national ? and i also got a B in my history .. also due to the moderating school marking my controlled assessment down -.-

Congrats oon your A* predictions i have A* in maths and also predicted A* in english Language and Litrature and possible chemistry :biggrin:<3

Im okay, people consider me the best but i don't lol.. but we do AQA that isn't so hard, if it was OCR i would probably be predicted something lower (current grade is A now)

I do double science core this year additional next year. its seperate and we've done 2 exams for core Bio (b but i retook), Physics (we havent got our result) chemistry in June. Yeah in ICT its AQA..

Thank you! & i should be congratulating you MATHS is sooo dfficult for me.. im on a Low C and we do Edxcel -.- what boards are you on?
I think LIT is gonna be complicated next year so i'm not looking forward to it..
Original post by jennifer.tariah
Yup its double science.. and i'm doing LIT next year.

I start Additional Science and Film Studies next year.I finish English Literature in May and you haven't started yet,our schools must be very different.
Original post by Dalek1099
I start Additional Science and Film Studies next year.I finish English Literature in May and you haven't started yet,our schools must be very different.

I also start additional next year.. wow whats film studies like? our school doesn't do it. We did Language first and finish in May.. yes it totally different.. do you know what you are doing in ALevels?
Im okay, people consider me the best but i don't lol.. but we do AQA that isn't so hard, if it was OCR i would probably be predicted something lower (current grade is A now)

I do double science core this year additional next year. its seperate and we've done 2 exams for core Bio (b but i retook), Physics (we havent got our result) chemistry in June. Yeah in ICT its AQA..

Thank you! & i should be congratulating you MATHS is sooo dfficult for me.. im on a Low C and we do Edxcel -.- what boards are you on?
I think LIT is gonna be complicated next year so i'm not looking forward to it..

at my school all our courses overlap and carry on after a year ( ICT ) and thanks :smile: we do maths on edexcel modular (we did that in year 9 but we stopped it and we did OCR linear in january which i got an A* in :smile: we did a bio in january but i had 'problems' at the time so i got a C :frown: .. resitting in june though with a Chemistry :smile:

which exam board do you do english lang and (will be doin) lit on ... i do WJEC :smile:
which exam board do you do english lang and (will be doin) lit on ... i do WJEC :smile:

Are you in England? So far my school is the only one I've heard of doing WJEC English before outside of Wales :dontknow:
at my school all our courses overlap and carry on after a year ( ICT ) and thanks :smile: we do maths on edexcel modular (we did that in year 9 but we stopped it and we did OCR linear in january which i got an A* in :smile: we did a bio in january but i had 'problems' at the time so i got a C :frown: .. resitting in june though with a Chemistry :smile:

Thats awesome! i could never get A* in anything that required Sums, Lines or a pencil lol :biggrin:. we did our bio in november (edxcel)

I do AQA english on both.. i heard wjec is really hard?
y
Original post by MangoFreak
Are you in England? So far my school is the only one I've heard of doing WJEC English before outside of Wales :dontknow:

yeah :smile: doncaster :smile:
Thats awesome! i could never get A* in anything that required Sums, Lines or a pencil lol :biggrin:. we did our bio in november (edxcel)

I do AQA english on both.. i heard wjec is really hard?

haha for us its vice versa :smile: we do WJEC and believe AQA is hard :L haha and what do you plan to do for your A levels ?? :smile:

also do you do buisness studies ??
haha for us its vice versa :smile: we do WJEC and believe AQA is hard :L haha and what do you plan to do for your A levels ?? :smile:

also do you do buisness studies ??

Haha who would have thought :biggrin: Well! i haven't decided on the four But the ones i'm sure on are Spanish and IT but i heard that IT isn't really recognized and as i'm doing it without really needing it.. i might not do it.. i also thought about english Lang. but don't know.. :s-smilie: how about you?
Haha who would have thought :biggrin: Well! i haven't decided on the four But the ones i'm sure on are Spanish and IT but i heard that IT isn't really recognized and as i'm doing it without really needing it.. i might not do it.. i also thought about english Lang. but don't know.. :s-smilie: how about you?

ummm im not sure 4 of either english , maths , physics , chemistry , biology not sure though :L :-)
ummm im not sure 4 of either english , maths , physics , chemistry , biology not sure though :L :-)

I remember one now! yes i also want to do Economics.. woow all 3 sciences.. i could die, but seeing as you want to go into medicine i understand
my dads a medical doctor & psychiatrist with a PHD in medicine, he always pushes me in the medicine direction but seeing as i hate tablets, pills, syrups and BLOOD i don't think that for me.. haha
I remember one now! yes i also want to do Economics.. woow all 3 sciences.. i could die, but seeing as you want to go into medicine i understand
my dads a medical doctor & psychiatrist with a PHD in medicine, he always pushes me in the medicine direction but seeing as i hate tablets, pills, syrups and BLOOD i don't think that for me.. haha

haha i understand why economics :L and well im not sure yet i want to do english its my favourite subject :smile: ... but the others are more applied to what i wanna do :L

also if i couldnt get into medicine i would hopefully have requirements into engineering :smile: i would like to do a masters and PhD but not straight after though :L

are you going to collage or 6th form ???
haha i understand why economics :L and well im not sure yet i want to do english its my favourite subject :smile: ... but the others are more applied to what i wanna do :L

also if i couldnt get into medicine i would hopefully have requirements into engineering :smile: i would like to do a masters and PhD but not straight after though :L

are you going to collage or 6th form ???

Yeah i see.. that would be like 10years!

i'm definitely going to sixth form && i did do business but as a BTEC and got distinction* so thats good.. what about you?
Yeah i see.. that would be like 10years!

i'm definitely going to sixth form && i did do business but as a BTEC and got distinction* so thats good.. what about you?

6th form deffo for the reasons that i get along with most teachers, and i would already know everyone as all the d***s in my school are going to collage :L :-) :L i dont really want to learn like 50 more people names :L ...

going back abit do your school do anything "The Apprentice" based ? because when your in 6th form i would reccommend you take charge of doing an enrichment around that idea ( it would look great on your applicationn to international buisness especially if YOU take charge of it all :biggrin: )<3
(edited 12 years ago)
6th form deffo for the reasons that i get along with most teachers, and i would already know everyone as all the d***s in my school are going to collage :L :-) :L i dont really want to learn like 50 more people names :L ...

going back abit do your school do anything "The Apprentice" based ? because when your in 6th form i would reccommend you take charge of doing an enrichment around that idea ( it would look great on your applicationn to international buisness especially if YOU take charge of it all :biggrin: )<3

All the ones in mine are either dropping out and getting a job or going to college too lol. yeah i'm terrible with names..

No we have nothing like that.. my school is pretty poor :L but i'm thinking of going on The Apprentice.. I'm a business person at heart so it will be less trickier for me
All the ones in mine are either dropping out and getting a job or going to college too lol. yeah i'm terrible with names..

No we have nothing like that.. my school is pretty poor :L but i'm thinking of going on The Apprentice.. I'm a business person at heart so it will be less trickier for me

well i think you should try and put that idea forward :-) and well good luck when you apply :-)<3
well i think you should try and put that idea forward :-) and well good luck when you apply :-)<3

I've tried to put many ideas forward.. my school just simply doesnt have the budget.. aww thanks! what things do you do to insure your place i.e work experience ?

Latest