The Student Room Group

Complete lack of motivation!

I have an offer from a good university for 2012/2013 and have to get high grades to get in. Even though I am excited to go, I'm not going to get in unless I find some motivation to revise!

I get annoyed at myself when I waste a day not revising and then promise to do lots the next day. It never happens and its so annoying!

How do you motivate yourself to do it? Need some ideas asap :smile:
What do you study?

Where are you going to be going? :smile:

I need AAA and im struggling with motivation too :frown: Might just stick around here. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Undergrad2012
I have an offer from a good university for 2012/2013 and have to get high grades to get in. Even though I am excited to go, I'm not going to get in unless I find some motivation to revise!

I get annoyed at myself when I waste a day not revising and then promise to do lots the next day. It never happens and its so annoying!

How do you motivate yourself to do it? Need some ideas asap :smile:

Reply 3
Original post by ch0wm4n

I would read this, but I don't have the motivation.
Reply 4
Original post by Jellybeany
What do you study?

Where are you going to be going? :smile:

I need AAA and im struggling with motivation too :frown: Might just stick around here. :smile:

English lit, History, Psychology and English Lang. What about you :smile: ?

Will (hopefully) be going to Bristol but I won't be the way it's going! I need AAA too and its manageable for me if I just revised :/ I go through phases where I'm really motivated and others where I just want to laze around all day -.-

Will (hopefully) be going to Bristol but I won't be the way it's going! I need AAA too and its manageable for me if I just revised :/ I go through phases where I'm really motivated and others where I just want to laze around all day -.-

Zomfg I have the first three, the other is Sociology instead of Lang.

I'm doing AS and have 0 motivation. FFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I cant even manage with 3! Hopefully doing law at birmingham.

I do Biology Law and Sociology :tongue: Im doing 7 exams in May/June thought cus of resits. :frown: Gahh.

I do have motivation as i really want to go to Uni but when i look at how much ive done and how long it takes me im gutted!!
Reply 7
Original post by Miracle Day
Zomfg I have the first three, the other is Sociology instead of Lang.

I'm doing AS and have 0 motivation. FFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You can always get away with it at AS as you have plenty of time to resit :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Jellybeany
I cant even manage with 3! Hopefully doing law at birmingham.

I do Biology Law and Sociology :tongue: Im doing 7 exams in May/June thought cus of resits. :frown: Gahh.

I do have motivation as i really want to go to Uni but when i look at how much ive done and how long it takes me im gutted!!

I will be doing law too! :smile:

Eurgh, Biology, you're brave! I'm nervous because we can't resit the next ones :frown: if we mess up that's uni out of the picture for 2012 entry anyway :/ it seems to take forever to revise one part of a subject then I realise how much more is left and just give up :frown:
Reply 9
Same here :frown:. I'm doing 9 AS exams this May.
Reply 10
wait until you get to uni- third year project is killing me, can't get riled up over it and im scared i dont have the motivation to just crack on.... :/
Reply 11
Reply 12
Original post by Richiboi
wait until you get to uni- third year project is killing me, can't get riled up over it and im scared i dont have the motivation to just crack on.... :/

I'm hoping that in uni I will be more enthusiastic because I'll be doing the subject I want to do? Is this true or not? :/
Reply 13
Original post by senz72

Woah 9! I feel like I should stop complaining now haha.
Good luck though and remember you can resit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest