The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
Is anyone else just going to wait until exams are over to sort out the UKCAT. Or do you think we need to sort it out now?
Original post by erniiee

Ah okay :smile: I'm worried about booking it for a date to soon and not having any time to prepare though :/

That is a major problem but I reckon two months is enough time to revise for it?

Original post by Boom533
lol one guy got a silver, dunno how :O

can't stand them, only bit I like is the movement of water...that actual makes logical sense :P

lol hopefully, we all thought might as well do A2 now, and we can just fall asleep all of next year :P

i knooowwwwww, except for english, just watching movies for the rest of the month after exams :P

Woah that is impressive!!!

I've grown to appreciate plants more due to learning about them in Bio :P

Sounds like a plan!!

Woah really! Why not start the A2 course?

Off to school again - we've got a Cambridge admissions tutor giving a talk.. :smile:
Heyy..I'm in year 12 hoping to apply to medicine, hoping I'd get good grades! .Praying. Have u guys done lots of work experience? What kind of things have u done?
Original post by erniiee
Ah I'm going to Wireless (Rihanna on the Sunday :sexface: ) :biggrin:

Wow, how long is that?

Ah I had mine last week, did ok in the Maths ones, but I'm dreading the Chemistry result on Tuesday. Expecting 40/100 LAWL

oooh now that's pretty amazing! gahh rihanna!

it's for one week :smile: gonna have to get up so early to travel though :frown:

ooh you must have got it back by now- how did you do? I got a B on my chem mock :frown:
hmmm, UKCAT timing is difficult, too early and you risk not having enough time to revise, too late and you risk not having enough time to make a decision.

Thinking Mid- August (but before or after results d. ?)

Thoughts ?
I would say the best thing you can do in regards to the UKCAT is wait until after exams then start revising a bit every day a month of revision would be ample but personally I'm going to try and sit it at the end of August because I'll probably put off revision a lot.
Original post by Orinincandenza
hmmm, UKCAT timing is difficult, too early and you risk not having enough time to revise, too late and you risk not having enough time to make a decision.

Thinking Mid- August (but before or after results d. ?)

Thoughts ?

Before, coz if results go down the drain, you don't want to lose morale for UKCAT.
If you do well in UKCAT then up morale for results, and even if they are crap, then you still aced UKCAT.
If UKCAT goes bad, then how much more could go wrong, either you get a boost from results, or you get mildly sadder.

BAM, logic'd (albeit, assumption-rich and unlikely) :P
Original post by Natalie21
Woah that is impressive!!!

I've grown to appreciate plants more due to learning about them in Bio :P

Sounds like a plan!!

Woah really! Why not start the A2 course?

Off to school again - we've got a Cambridge admissions tutor giving a talk.. :smile:

yeah I know, he's a genius...thank god he's not applying for med lol :P
yep, pretty solid. Hopefully Bio next year will be ok, already done half of unit 5 lol...
no idea, something about the coursework having to be done in the year of submission, and i'm not complaining anyway-moviiiiesss :biggrin:

ooohh have fun :smile: bio mock tomorrow -_-'
Original post by Boom533
Before, coz if results go down the drain, you don't want to lose morale for UKCAT.
If you do well in UKCAT then up morale for results, and even if they are crap, then you still aced UKCAT.
If UKCAT goes bad, then how much more could go wrong, either you get a boost from results, or you get mildly sadder.

BAM, logic'd (albeit, assumption-rich and unlikely) :P

Hmmm, i was going for i'd be more relaxed and less stressed after i knew my results. If my results are that bad, i wouldn't apply for medicine, it'd be a waste of energy to apply with anything less than aaab AS grades and AAA predictions (w/o extenuating circumstances)

No, thinking about it i'd much rather know my results, would just let me focus more.
Is anyone who is doing maths As planning to drop it??? I would like to drop it but only if it doesnt hurt my application. Anyone have any thoughs on this matter??
Reply 2530
Original post by Gcayte
Wow thats early! When you doing it? Good Luck for it! :biggrin:

Original post by Pride
ahh ok gettin it over and done with quickly then? When's your test date?

I personally want to do it soon, but I also want lots of time after the exams to make sure I'm ready. I'm thinking around August.

Original post by erniiee
Aha woo, hope I see you there :tongue:

Ah okay :smile: I'm worried about booking it for a date to soon and not having any time to prepare though :/

Thanks Gcayte!

Wow! I wanna get mine booked now, especially if it gets booked up quickly!

I'm doing mine on the 23rd August! A week after results day, just to make sure my grades go to plan, then I'll be prepared to sit it. If not, then I might just cancel it and get my money back!
Original post by oli_G
Is anyone else just going to wait until exams are over to sort out the UKCAT. Or do you think we need to sort it out now?

I didn't do mine until ages after my exams - it's not something I wanted on my mind while I was revising. Plus, you'll have more time to prepare if you do it after exams, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you personally prefer to do.
Original post by Richyp22
Is anyone who is doing maths As planning to drop it??? I would like to drop it but only if it doesnt hurt my application. Anyone have any thoughs on this matter??

I'm planning to drop it too, and take chem, bio and sociology onto A2. My logic is that it's better to get 3A's in subjects I enjoy than take maths and risk getting AAB and struggle for a year.. Most people I've asked say it's fine, and the uni's I've emailed say it doens't matter too.. but I don't know tbh, will depend on results :frown:
Reply 2533
Original post by erniiee
Aha woo, hope I see you there :tongue:

I'd have no idea who to look for, Id be like are you erniiee to random people, I'd be know as the crazy girl! :tongue:
Reply 2534
Original post by Boom533
lol the insurance on the car is worth more than the car itself now -_-'
were you born in september?
lol if we do...meet in the middle at Birmingham-ish :P

I know its stupid :redface:
No, August.
And yeah :tongue: my friend got a phone call today telling her she got in :frown: looks like I might not.... :redface:
Original post by Boom533
yeah I know, he's a genius...thank god he's not applying for med lol :P
yep, pretty solid. Hopefully Bio next year will be ok, already done half of unit 5 lol...
no idea, something about the coursework having to be done in the year of submission, and i'm not complaining anyway-moviiiiesss :biggrin:

ooohh have fun :smile: bio mock tomorrow -_-'

Haha that would have been big competition :wink:

I wouldn't complain either - sounds great :P

You'll do amazingly! I had all my mocks weeks ago so its been pretty stress-free at school this week - 2 more days til study leave :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Natalie21
Haha that would have been big competition :wink:

I wouldn't complain either - sounds great :P

You'll do amazingly! I had all my mocks weeks ago so its been pretty stress-free at school this week - 2 more days til study leave :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lucky, I have another week :frown:

Have to go in for Psych soon, really can't be bothered, especially as we're doing ethical and methodological issues with investigating social influence. It makes me tired just talking about it
Anyone else really worried about exams, like REALLY worried? :s I literally haven't even started PROPER revision yet (as in past papers) - still going over my notes :frown: I'm worried that I won't do as well as January this time round especially as these exams are so important when applying for med this year. /stressed
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
Anyone else really worried about exams, like REALLY worried? :s I literally haven't even started PROPER revision yet (as in past papers) - still going over my notes :frown: I'm worried that I won't do as well as January this time round especially as these exams are so important when applying for med this year. /stressed

If you think your stressed. I have done no exams cause the school wont let us sit exams in januray. So I basically have my hopes of wether i can apply for medicine or not hinging on a 10 days period of exams. O and i start in 10 days omg.
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard

Yes! Although I've been revising like crazy for the past few weeks, I'm terrified. I was so chilled out for GCSEs. I didn't know the chemistry syllabus until the day before, because my teacher was not brilliant (spent the whole day crying with my biology teacher and trying to get my head around moles. That woman saved my ****). Yet I was nowhere near as stressed! I walked into English like "i don't really care how this goes, so let's just write something entertaining and make the examiner's day"

Latest