The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

WBS Firmers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Part A
Ah cheers, that's what I'm hoping to get. Do you have experience of applying there? I'm dropping Business next year and I got told if I was successful, I would get an offer of 3A's and a B at AS level so good to know.

To Warwick yeah, not to Management specifically though.

You should be fine, just write a solid PS, since Warwick put lots of weight on the PS for the competitive subjects :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
Original post by Tsunami2011
To Warwick yeah, not to Management specifically though.

You should be fine, just write a solid PS, since Warwick put lots of weight on the PS for the competitive subjects :smile:

Thanks, I do a lot of business stuff in general so have plenty to talk about.
Reply 62
Firmed Warwick A&F. I turned down a LSE A&F offer for Warwick :smile:

My offier is AAAb with an A in maths :smile:

Did you lot receive any letters from Warwick?
I haven't received any letters at all and just the odd email about UG funding which is nice as it's seems i'm now eligible for 10.5k of funding (inc loans) from Warwick and the government combined on top of only having to pay 7k for tuition.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by uxa595
Firmed Warwick A&F. I turned down a LSE A&F offer for Warwick :smile:

My offier is AAAb with an A in maths :smile:

Did you lot receive any letters from Warwick?
I haven't received any letters at all and just the odd email about UG funding which is nice as it's seems i'm now eligible for 10.5k of funding (inc loans) from Warwick and the government combined on top of only having to pay 7k for tuition.

Did you get AAAB at AS? nice, any particular reason for the funding? or are you just eligible because of parental income e.t.c?
Reply 64
Original post by Part A
Did you get AAAB at AS? nice, any particular reason for the funding? or are you just eligible because of parental income e.t.c?

No, i got AABE at AS. Got BBC at A2 due to illness and reapplied with a A*AAb prediction.
Yh, due to parental income and ethnicity.

As long as you have a decent PS and at least a AAB (yes, AAB) prediction, you should get an offer of AAAb (or A*AA only if you do 3 A levels and no AS)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by uxa595
No, i got AABE at AS. Got BBC at A2 due to illness and reapplied with a A*AAb prediction.
Yh, due to parental income and ethnicity.

As long as you have a decent PS and at least a AAB (yes, AAB) prediction, you should get an offer of AAAb (or A*AA only if you do 3 A levels and no AS)

Cool thanks, much appreciated. Is that just for A+F would you say or the whole of WBS? I was told I would be made an AAA offer with the A-levels I'm doing if I'm successful and hoping to get AAAB at AS so fingers crossed :P

Also, the whole funding thing? Is that automatic or would I have to apply for anything? I'm of a minority ethnicity as well... thanks
Reply 66
I have a feeling you would be given an offer of A*AA as i believe Warwick central university policy is not to allow economics and business to be seen as separate subjects.
Reply 67
Original post by Part A
Cool thanks, much appreciated. Is that just for A+F would you say or the whole of WBS? I was told I would be made an AAA offer with the A-levels I'm doing if I'm successful and hoping to get AAAB at AS so fingers crossed :P

Also, the whole funding thing? Is that automatic or would I have to apply for anything? I'm of a minority ethnicity as well... thanks

It's the same case for management as far as i can tell. If you want a greater look at applicants and enrolments look at this:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/mip/businessinformation/academicstatistics/2011/wbs_2011.pdf
You apply for the ethnicity scholarship but the tuition waiver and free money is automatic.

Original post by CTMWBS
I have a feeling you would be given an offer of A*AA as i believe Warwick central university policy is not to allow economics and business to be seen as separate subjects.

Yes, but he's dropping business at A2.
I do chem, econ and maths too at A2 and i have an AAAb offer.
Reply 68
Original post by uxa595
It's the same case for management as far as i can tell. If you want a greater look at applicants and enrolments look at this:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/mip/businessinformation/academicstatistics/2011/wbs_2011.pdf
You apply for the ethnicity scholarship but the tuition waiver and free money is automatic.

Yes, but he's dropping business at A2.
I do chem, econ and maths too at A2 and i have an AAAb offer.

Thanks for that - from the looks of it, it's roughly 1 place for every 7-8 applicants.

International Management, last year, had 336 total applicants (both home + international) and 46 got offered places.
firmed Law and Business Studies another else ? :smile:
also another one knows if this course counts as band 1 or 2 course caz the tution fees are different for overseas pupils
thanks !
Reply 70
Firmed international business anyone else? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest