The Student Room Group

Some people just make me sick

Scroll to see replies

She should get 10years in prison.
Reply 21
Original post by whyumadtho
I've read it and reread it, and I can't see anything that corresponds to what you said.

Sorry thats my bad. In this article in only says:

Banks spent five years in prison after pleading no contest to forcible rape.

It was from another article I had read on the case.

Even though there was no DNA evidence, Banks’ attorney advised him not to take the chance of staying in prison until he was 57 years old.

“She told me I was a big black teenager,” he said, “and no jury would believe anything I said.”
Reply 22
Wow this is disgusting.

Posted via TSR iPhone App
Does everyone think that all the fault lies on her? I mean come on, she's only 15. Obviously she should be able to distinguish between right and wrong but personally, I think the only reason most of us here didn't do a stupid thing like this was thanks to good (or not awful) parenting. That said, she should return all of the money. This reminds of me To kill a Mockingbird, I thought that sort of stuff was a thing of the past.
Reply 24
Original post by Melikeyflute
Does everyone think that all the fault lies on her? I mean come on, she's only 15. Obviously she should be able to distinguish between right and wrong but personally, I think the only reason most of us here didn't do a stupid thing like this was thanks to good (or not awful) parenting. That said, she should return all of the money. This reminds of me To kill a Mockingbird, I thought that sort of stuff was a thing of the past.

15 is old enough to know that crying rape can ruin this innocent person's life. So yes I think the entire blame lies with her.
Reply 25
Original post by Melikeyflute

She was 15, she knew what this would do.

Imagine being a 16 year old being sent to a US jail
Reply 26
Original post by izpenguin
It just goes to show- it's so easy for a kid to make an accusation and ruin someones life because people think that 'kids don't lie' but they do.
It really is terrible.

I don't know about over in the US but over here its very difficult to get a conviction for rape, with over 95% of cases getting the innocent verdict.

Baring in mind that most of the time the defense case is based around proving the victim to be a slut by going through any previous sexual encounters in graphic detail.
Reply 27
Original post by Carecup
I don't know about over in the US but over here its very difficult to get a conviction for rape, with over 95% of cases getting the innocent verdict.

Baring in mind that most of the time the defense case is based around proving the victim to be a slut by going through any previous sexual encounters in graphic detail.

I suspect the conviction rate for black teenagers is much higher than that.
Reply 28
Bet you he wishes he did rape her now! honestly though the whole thing is a joke and there should be more put in place to stop things like this happen!
Worse still, a young dude in a US jail is likely to be raped, guilty or not:frown:

So she didn't get raped, accused someone of rape and whilst locked up with all type of monster he was maybe raped, this is part of what is wrong with the world.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by fudgesundae
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-rape-dismissal-20120526,0,2765187.story

Before I start, I know that this is a case from the US, but this happens in every country and there have been some high profile cases over here.

Baiscally 15 year old girl accuses 16 year old black high school football player of rape. He goes to prison for 5 years plus another 5 on probation, plus he had to register on the sex offenders register. She receives a $1.5 million dollar payout from the school district for not providing her with a "safe environment".

So 10 years later she contacts him saying she wants to reconcile. Yet she refuses to admit her rape claim was false. He secretly records her confession and gets all his convictions quashed.

He still dreams of playing professional football but it is definitely a long shot. She basically ruined his life as he was a very promising player in high school who definitely could have gone pro.

Courts have said they will in all likelihood not prosecute her, and the school district said that they would not be able to get back the payments they made. This just disgusts me, she is one of the biggest pieces of scum I have ever heard of. Her actions are indefensible.

She should have to spend at least as long in prison as he did and she should have to pay the $1.5 million she received to him as well. These cases just disgust me.

That's just pure racism in action. Things like this make you wonder why half of the virgin males here on TSR are obsessed with white girls knowing that they're capable of malice like this.
Reply 31
Original post by NightBear
Well, well, aren't her kids going to be proud of their mother when they grow up? :/

This world has more scum than it can hold.

Exactly. My goodness... the story is just shocking =(
Original post by Silver Arrow
That's just pure racism in action. Things like this make you wonder why half of the virgin males here on TSR are obsessed with white girls knowing that they're capable of malice like this.

I'm sure you know this anyway, but people of all colours are capable of appalling things. Not just white girls.
Did a white girl reject you at some point or something?
Complete waste of skin. She should be quartered in slow motion. The fact that she was willing to see his life in ruins shows that she had no remorse. Should be put in prison. It's like murder, she ruined his life, so why shouldn't her life be ruined? Utter scum sucking failure
Original post by Piko_Piko
I'm sure you know this anyway, but people of all colours are capable of appalling things. Not just white girls.
Did a white girl reject you at some point or something?

Yes all sorts of people are capable of stuff like this but in a racist society like America they're more likely to do it because the legal system is more than happy to incarcerate a black person. This guy was sent to prison without a trial simply because some girl said she was raped.
I just feel awful for this guy. His whole life has been destroyed and rebuilding it will be a monumental task. The girl that did the accusing will most likely be let off without punishment.

It's quite ironic that you respond to racism with more racism.
I hope the guilt eats away at that bitch.
Reply 37

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/05/photos-wanetta-gibson-who-falsely-accused-hs-star-brian-banks-of-rape-destroy-his-life/

She's black :facepalm2:
Reply 38
Tbh honest there are so many problems with this case:

15 year old tells a very damaging lie

His attorney told him to say he was guilty (despite his innocence)

He pleads guilty

Obviously the first one is inherently wrong but while I completely understand the attorney's view there is a moral problem with their argument, this is not justice. Now he's released and been cleared of the charges, how can he sue or try and get compensation when he said he was guilty. What was the judge or anyone else supposed to do.. there was no opportunity for the truth to come out.

The 15 year old girl was a coward but after being an idiot and telling such a lie, honestly how many people would have the courage to come forward and say they made it all up, especially as there was no trial and the person pleaded guilty themselves.

This just shows a failing with the American justice system, but I'm a bit at loss what could have been done to have prevented this from happening.

There is nothing stopping anybody from making up any claim they want ... however usually people sue/go to court/protest their innocence. I would love to learn that lessons had been learnt from this case but really...
Reply 39
Original post by fudgesundae
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-rape-dismissal-20120526,0,2765187.story

Before I start, I know that this is a case from the US, but this happens in every country and there have been some high profile cases over here.

Baiscally 15 year old girl accuses 16 year old black high school football player of rape. He goes to prison for 5 years plus another 5 on probation, plus he had to register on the sex offenders register. She receives a $1.5 million dollar payout from the school district for not providing her with a "safe environment".

So 10 years later she contacts him saying she wants to reconcile. Yet she refuses to admit her rape claim was false. He secretly records her confession and gets all his convictions quashed.

He still dreams of playing professional football but it is definitely a long shot. She basically ruined his life as he was a very promising player in high school who definitely could have gone pro.

Courts have said they will in all likelihood not prosecute her, and the school district said that they would not be able to get back the payments they made. This just disgusts me, she is one of the biggest pieces of scum I have ever heard of. Her actions are indefensible.

She should have to spend at least as long in prison as he did and she should have to pay the $1.5 million she received to him as well. These cases just disgust me.

Stuff like this makes me so :frown:

I always imagine if I was in their circumstance, it would have driven me mad, the years of pain and life wasted.....which can never be paid back :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest