The Student Room Group

The TSR Jubilee cooking, baking & photo competition

What are you up to for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee?

We want to see! We're giving away a £20 Amazon voucher for the best jubilee photo. Two lucky runners up will also receive a £10 voucher each.

You can take a picture of...

Something you've cooked/baked

Your street party

Jubilee decorations

Anything else jubilee related, or how you spent your bank holiday!

Rules:

- All entries need to be posted up in here by Monday 11th June.
- Winners will be decided by TSR admin and announced by 15th June.
- No cheating (no Google images!). If you're posting a pciture of cooked/baked goodies, please include your username in the picture if you can.
- You can enter as many photos as you like!

Get snapping and post your pics up in this thread :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:h:
I shall get brainstorming, although I already have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do!
Working over most of the weekend though so will have to hope no one steals my idea in the mean time!!
It's going to great to see people's pictures in here. I'm going to a Jubilee garden party at the weekend, so may get a picture or two to share in here if possible :biggrin:
We'll be having a fancy dress BBQ at the weekend, so should get some suitably cheesy shots :biggrin:
Perhaps some sort of cake voodoo doll of the Queen impaled with cocktail sticks.
Reply 5
Aaaaww I'm not doing anything :frown: I thought I would subscribe though :biggrin:
Reply 6
Ah that sounds fun - I'm in!
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Perhaps some sort of cake voodoo doll of the Queen impaled with cocktail sticks.

I've seen a few queen jelly moulds around and thought that could be a good idea for a queenie replica.

Is it possible to decorate wobbly jelly... I wonder :holmes:
Original post by CJ
I've seen a few queen jelly moulds around and thought that could be a good idea for a queenie replica.

Is it possible to decorate wobbly jelly... I wonder :holmes:

You could make a jelly and try to decorate it....then you'll find out. If it doesn't work, you'll still have some nice jelly and loads of decorations to eat :biggrin:

Even if it turns out badly, it could result in some really funny photos.
nails.jpg

Might be a bit early, but I've decorated my sister's nails for the Jubilee weekend :smile: I'm not a baker but I have other talents :smile: Yet to design and do mine...

:biggrin:
Reply 10
Must try harder than last time :colone:

The local community is having a street party and most of the neighbours' houses have some sort of bunting on them. We haven't managed it yet, although aiming to get some tomorrow :biggrin:

Count me in :colone:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse

Sounds like a plan - I was thinking of making a cake shaped like a guillotine, but I think that'd be too difficult.
I'm living in Miami for the next three months and I'm really homesick, so jealous of all your BBQs and street parties :frown: can't wait to see some pics!
Reply 13
Original post by katyness
Aaaaww I'm not doing anything :frown: I thought I would subscribe though :biggrin:

I'm not doing anything (except working a 13hr shift!) so I'm just using it as an excuse to bake some nommy treats and pose with food in my lovely new dress :tongue:
It also marks the 10 year anniversary of my first ever nose break :smile:
Absolutely bugger all because I'm not a royalist.
Reply 15
Original post by Ruthie!
I'm not doing anything (except working a 13hr shift!) so I'm just using it as an excuse to bake some nommy treats and pose with food in my lovely new dress :tongue:
It also marks the 10 year anniversary of my first ever nose break :smile:

That made me laugh. What were you doing, may I ask? :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by katyness
That made me laugh. What were you doing, may I ask? :rolleyes:

My friend was playing "Thwack a Rat" where you drop a rat/sock/something down a tube and you swing and try hit it when it comes out the bottom. Quite difficult but it was a stand at a jubilee party and was only about 50p a go. She dropped something when she paid, and I was stood next to her, bent down to pick it up, and despite being right there next to her, the woman running the game dropped it anyway, and my friend swung.. and swung all the way round and hit me right in the nose!
Reply 17
Hiya,
This is my contribution which I made with my sis. It's a guiness and chocolate cake. We piped the union jack on it but it didn't come out too well! Cake was nice though.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Vision
I'm revising the French Revolution funnily enough :rolleyes: And happily doing so.
Reply 19
This is my first (of possibly many :colone:) entry.

It's a Madeira sponge with jam (representing red) and whipped cream (white) in the middle of the sponges and icing (blue) on the top with writing with the EIIR logo with a crown. It also says "Diamond Jubilee 2012" underneath.

100% homemade. Took about 20 mins over the writing :tongue:

Edit: Why have I been negged? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest