The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Acc feel quite happy for once :redface:
i am trying, nobody can say im not and that is the important thing, im trying to talk to more people inrl and people have actually noticed this.
I've given myself a purpose to last me until next week so until then im content enough :smile:

~Anon 1
Feel sick and my eyes and face are itchy. :/
Hello how is everyone today. How is the weather in Great Britain today? It was hot here in the United States. I found out back in June my mom had cancer and she's having surgery Monday on her bladder. It's scary because she's never had good health. She's never taken care of herself.she was a 3+ a day smoker for 40 years.its just a little scary.I always read on here users talking about sleeping.I'm sick and I have problems sleeping too. you just lay down and all these things are just going through your mind. you just cannot turn it off. I'm like everyone else on here, I just become obsessed with getting alittle more sleep. I'm lucky, I get Ambien from my doctors but I always run out.I usually have to go without it for about 8 days.those are the longest days of the month.by the the 4th day my nerves are a little fried. I really know how all of you feel. It really sucks wanting to go to sleep and cannot. It's almost bedtime here in California and I think I'm going to try to get some sleep. I hope everyone out there who has problems sleeping got some sleep last night.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Airmed
Feel sick and my eyes and face are itchy. :/
allergies?
Original post by emobambam
Hello how is everyone today. How is the weather in Great Britain today? It was hot here in the United States. I found out back in June my mom had cancer and she's having surgery Monday on her bladder. It's scary because she's never had good help. She's never taken care of herself.its just a little scary.I always read on here users talking about sleeping.I'm sick and I have problems sleeping too. you just lay down and all these things are just going through your mind. you just cannot turn it off. I'm like everyone else on here, I just become obsessed with getting alittle more sleep. I'm lucky, I get Ambien from my doctors but I always run out.I usually have to go without it for about 8 days.those are the longest days of the month.by the the 4th day my nerves are a little fried. I really know how all of you feel. It really sucks wanting to go to sleep and cannot. It's almost bedtime here in California and I think I'm going to try to get some sleep. I hope everyone out there who has problems sleeping and got some sleep last night.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope her operation goes well.

Have you tried lunesta or restoril? I find ambien doesn't work at all for me whereas either of the other 2 work great to get me get to sleep. You could also consider trying a low dose of seroquel to help with sleep? (sorry, don't know if you have MH issues or what your story is)

I also live in the US and yes it is hot here! :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope her operation goes well.

Have you tried lunesta or restoril? I find ambien doesn't work at all for me whereas either of the other 2 work great to get me get to sleep. You could also consider trying a low dose of seroquel to help with sleep? (sorry, don't know if you have MH issues or what your story is)

I also live in the US and yes it is hot here! :smile:
thank you very much. My father passed away about 3 years ago. It's really sad losing your parents butt it's going to unfortunately happen. I was going to say if you are talking about lunesta or restoril you had to live in the United States. Hello my fellow American, how are you? I don't think you get those in Great Britain. I have taken lunesta, restoril and tempazepam but you know you our health insurance companies like to screw with us. They're not covered by my health insurance anymore. I thought tempazepam worked the best. What's covered on my insurance and what I think works best for me is 5mg of diazepam and 10mg of ambiem but sometimes it's difficult to get the diazepam because of all of these celebrity drug overdoses. I am envious of your health care coverage.
allergies?

Think it's these antibiotics I'm on.
Hate having panic attacks when I'm away from home. I'm still at my friend's in Manchester and she's away to a wedding and won't be back until tomorrow morning so me and Callan have the house to ourselves while we pet sit.

I was sure I heard the back door opening and then closing so I checked it and it was locked and so was the gate and the animals didn't look disturbed so obviously no one came but my OCD has went into overdrive and I've checked the house over and over for intruders and I'm scared to eat or drink in case someone is in the house and may have laced my food and drink which I know is silly but that's my OCD in full swing :cry2: keep taking panics too and feel quite spacey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Hate having panic attacks when I'm away from home. I'm still at my friend's in Manchester and she's away to a wedding and won't be back until tomorrow morning so me and Callan have the house to ourselves while we pet sit.

I was sure I heard the back door opening and then closing so I checked it and it was locked and so was the gate and the animals didn't look disturbed so obviously no one came but my OCD has went into overdrive and I've checked the house over and over for intruders and I'm scared to eat or drink in case someone is in the house and may have laced my food and drink which I know is silly but that's my OCD in full swing :cry2: keep taking panics too and feel quite spacey

Posted from TSR Mobile
being sick myself I know what it's like. Things get into your head and sometimes they just take on a life of their own. You just have to try to hold on tight and hang on until it subsides.it just grows faster and meaner if you isolate yourself. When it happens to me IIke to lay down in a dark room and head phones on for little while and try to ride it.its difficult being sick. Healthy people just don't understand what its like being sick. No matter how hard you try to explain it they don't understand.
thank you very much. My father passed away about 3 years ago. It's really sad losing your parents butt it's going to unfortunately happen. I was going to say if you are talking about lunesta or restoril you had to live in the United States. Hello my fellow American, how are you? I don't think you get those in Great Britain. I have taken lunesta, restoril and tempazepam but you know you our health insurance companies like to screw with us. They're not covered by my health insurance anymore. I thought tempazepam worked the best. What's covered on my insurance and what I think works best for me is 5mg of diazepam and 10mg of ambiem but sometimes it's difficult to get the diazepam because of all of these celebrity drug overdoses. I am envious of your health care coverage.

Oh no, that must be so difficult to lose your father and then have your mom get sick too. I'm really sorry to hear that, hopefully she'll conquer this. :hugs:

Insurance can be a nightmare you got my sympathy there. Mine randomly moved my psychiatrist out of network so I had to find someone else. At my first appointment with the new one she committed (sectioned) me. Couldn't ****ing believe it. :no:

I think a lot can depend on your doctor. My psychiatrist I saw a few years back would prescribe me pretty much anything I asked for. She gave me a prescription for diazepam 3 times a day for a month (so 90 5mg tabs), and then put this on repeat. :/ kind of irresponsible I guess, I had to really limit myself to avoid getting addicted. Probably not the greatest idea but you could try a different doctor if you did want a more reliable diazepam provider? :tongue: Don't be too envious of my insurance! I paid $250/month for one drug a couple of years back, it really helped me but was way too expensive for me to afford. :sigh:

You're right that the UK doesn't have lunesta (eszopiclone) but they do have "zopiclone" which is slightly different but imo works possibly even a little better. They also have ambien (zolpidem). If you're struggling to get the ambien and valium, have you tried promethazine? It's often used in the UK as a minor sedative without the addictive qualities of other drugs.
So, my wife has banned me from Facebook. She said all it does is upset me when I stalk people on there. She is right, I don't know why I spend hours going through people I went to school/uni with's profiles and pictures. I don't even like these people and I haven't seen most of them in 10 years. :sigh:
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh no, that must be so difficult to lose your father and then have your mom get sick too. I'm really sorry to hear that, hopefully she'll conquer this. :hugs:

Insurance can be a nightmare you got my sympathy there. Mine randomly moved my psychiatrist out of network so I had to find someone else. At my first appointment with the new one she committed (sectioned) me. Couldn't ****ing believe it. :no:

I think a lot can depend on your doctor. My psychiatrist I saw a few years back would prescribe me pretty much anything I asked for. She gave me a prescription for diazepam 3 times a day for a month (so 90 5mg tabs), and then put this on repeat. :/ kind of irresponsible I guess, I had to really limit myself to avoid getting addicted. Probably not the greatest idea but you could try a different doctor if you did want a more reliable diazepam provider? :tongue: Don't be too envious of my insurance! I paid $250/month for one drug a couple of years back, it really helped me but was way too expensive for me to afford. :sigh:

You're right that the UK doesn't have lunesta (eszopiclone) but they do have "zopiclone" which is slightly different but imo works possibly even a little better. They also have ambien (zolpidem). If you're struggling to get the ambien and valium, have you tried promethazine? It's often used in the UK as a minor sedative without the addictive qualities of other drugs.
it's difficult getting used to a medication regimen and having a new doctor change it.its frustrating. Its also difficult to change doctors too.I want get a new doctor closer to my home but it's though doing it when you're sick and alone.I want a doctor who will treat me like a human being and not course credit.I see my doctor this week and will ask about it.its scary because if it dose not work it might be difficlt to get back on it.my mom's surgery is a little scary, I'm not going to lie.I'm trying not to think about it.it's distracting.thank you for the message of support.
I was in a bad place a couple of days ago, and wrote out my thoughts, which included ideas about suicide. Completely forgot I wrote it, until I was looking through the notes on my phone today.
I'm having a good day, so reading the way I felt was terrifying :frown: the variations in my mood seem to be much bigger than I realised
Feeling ok today finally my psychiatrist reduced my clopixol to 150mg but I was so angry since I was at the hospital early and first to get my injection and the nurses tell me I have to wait 45 minutes because they didn't have my file and they couldn't give it to me without it. Luckily my care coordinator was nice enough to travel all the way back to the hospital to get it. I just had the worst luck that day everything was going wrong.
I just want to be on the tablet form of the clopixol and I'm going to keep asking for it every time I see the psychiatrist.
But I'm happy somewhat that my GP gave me orlistat to help with the weight gain from the antipsycotics medication but I'll still keep up with my diet and excersise hopefully I'll be off the medication by 2018.
I have my first appointment with the new psychiatrist tomorrow
I have my first appointment with the new psychiatrist tomorrow

Let's hope they are not an arse like mine! :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
Let's hope they are not an arse like mine! :hugs:

Or like my old therapist! :laugh: :hugs:
Or like my old therapist! :laugh: :hugs:

Your old therapist was a nightmare.
Original post by Airmed
Your old therapist was a nightmare.

I have to agree, @Spock's Socks.

Damn it, PRSOM. For both of you.

--

Not having a good evening. Just wish that people didn't make me feel so crappy recently.
I do feel better of late mainly because im trying to keep myself occupied however the one thing i still am is dreadfully tired :redface:
like as in really exhausted, mainly because i dont shut off really at night and dont have restful sleep.
oh well cant have everything :smile:

and goodluck spocks socks :hugs:

~Anon 1

Latest