Why do you wear women's underwear? - Cos im a girl
University of York
York
First name: Joel

Course: Maths and Compsci

Fave music: Anything but scremo.

Fave film: Shawshank Redemption

Fave drink: Anything that has a percentage written on the bottle

Fave food: Donna Kebab. I'm not even ashamed of it either.

Fave book: Rich dad poor dad.

School: Yes

Why do you love / hate ducks?: I hate them until they're on my plate

Why do you wear women's underwear? - Bants.
Reply 762
First name: Ellie

Course: History with a year abroad

Fave music: A bit of everything really.

Fave film: Captain America: Civil War

Fave drink: Tea

Fave food: Tomato Soup

Fave book: The Last American Vampire

School: State

Why do you love / hate ducks?: Ducklings are cute

Why do you wear women's underwear? - Because I’m a girl
Reply 763
First name: Dom

Course: Computer Science

Fave music: Indie

Fave film: Anything in the MCU

Fave drink: Spiced Rum

Fave food: Curry

Fave book: Harry Potter

School: Thomas Alleyne's Uttoxeter

Why do you love / hate ducks?: Ducks are known killers

Why do you wear women's underwear? Found them in the bin
First name: Lizzie
Course: Archaeology
Fave music: Literally anything, I'm a terrible music whore
Fave film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Fave drink: Peach Iced Tea
Fave food: Chocolate
Fave book: Good Omens
School: Stratford Girls' Grammar School
Why do you love / hate ducks?: Actually satan, corkscrew penises, gang rape, need I say more?????
Why do you wear women's underwear? They make my bum look great
First name: James
Course: Electronic Engineering with Music Technology Systems
Fave music: METAL. (Also: Latin jazz fusion, drum and bass, german neo-medieval folk, funk, plainchant; whatever.)
Fave films: Legend of the Drunken Master, Hard Boiled, Life of Brian, Blade Runner, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, This is Spin̈al Tap
Fave drink: Cider is cheap & easy. Two characteristics that I like in a drink.
Fave food: Currently trialling the Ninja Turtle diet (Read: Pizza). I dig it. I'd like to meet this Donna Kebab, though, she sounds fascinating.
Fave book: I'm hardly a prolific reader, but Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is an old favourite.
School: Slummed it in a south London public school. Bad times.
Why do you love / hate ducks?: I don't like to generalise. I take each duck as an individual, to be judged based on their merits. Geese, on the other hand - scum.
Why do you wear women's underwear? Hey, it's a comfort thing, yeah? Don't judge.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 766
First name: Elliot
Course: Mphys Physics
Fave music: Bit all over the place, not too picky but I do have my favourites
Fave drink: I like my good ol basic orange juice
Fave food: Either chips and steak pie, or Chinese food
Fave book: Too many to list
School: Havant Sixth Form College
Why do you love/hate ducks?: On the whole they're annoying and loud
Why do you wear women's underwear?: Where did this question come from lol
Reply 767
Original post by ChanE

Why do you love/hate ducks?: On the whole they're annoying and loud

:frown: you know york has the highest student to duck ratio in the UK? I think it's something like 6 ducks per student. Plus then you have the swans and geese.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 768
Original post by Aph
:frown: you know york has the highest student to duck ratio in the UK? I think it's something like 6 ducks per student. Plus then you have the swans and geese.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know, I do find them annoying and loud but I weirdly think they add a lot to the whole York uni like, area so I don't mind them there on campus.
Reply 769
Original post by ChanE
Yeah I know, I do find them annoying and loud but I weirdly think they add a lot to the whole York uni like, area so I don't mind them there on campus.

Out of interest how many ducks have you met? And they probably won't annoy you too much unless you live in Derwent on the water.
Reply 770
Original post by Aph
Out of interest how many ducks have you met? And they probably won't annoy you too much unless you live in Derwent on the water.

There's some lakes around which have ducks that are normally annoying around here, not too annoying but can be.
Original post by Aph

I'm in Derwent. Hope they won't wake me up, that **** would make me rather upset haha.

Derwent's got asbestos :biggrin:
(it's the best college)
Which block did you get?
(Double post)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jonnynoctu
Derwent's got asbestos :biggrin:
(it's the best college)
Which block did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got M. Is it good :biggrin:? Was reading that people refer to it as "old langwith".

By the way, wtf? Asbestos?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Adrono
Posted from TSR Mobile

Got M. Is it good :biggrin:? Was reading that people refer to it as "old langwith".

By the way, wtf? Asbestos?

M Block! I spent a lot of my time on the third floor of M block last year, despite being in P block. Congrats! Some of my mates are STYCing there too, I think.

Derwent is the oldest accommodation, along with Langwith; it's obvious which are original buildings as they're all made of prefab blocks. When much of the uni was built, asbestos was still widely used as insulation and for its fire-retardant properties. It's still being gradually removed. "Derwent's got asbestos" is a chant you'll hear every day in fresher's week.

M block and P block (maybe K block too?) were both originally part of Langwith College, but with the construction of Hes East, Langwith college has been swapped to the other campus.
(edited 7 years ago)
M Block! I spent a lot of my time on the third floor of M block last year, despite being in P block. Congrats! Some of my mates are STYCing there too, I think.

Derwent is the oldest accommodation, along with Langwith; it's obvious which are original buildings as they're all made of prefab blocks. When much of the uni was built, asbestos was still widely used as insulation and for its fire-retardant properties. It's still being gradually removed. "Derwent's got asbestos" is a chant you'll hear every day in fresher's week.

M block and P block (maybe K block too?) were both originally part of Langwith College, but with the construction of Hes East, Langwith college has been swapped to the other campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool! Were there many internationals in Derwent?

Regarding asbestos, it's not dangerous, right? I mean they must be taking some measures to ensure residents are safe.
Original post by Adrono
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool! Were there many internationals in Derwent?

Regarding asbestos, it's not dangerous, right? I mean they must be taking some measures to ensure residents are safe.

I should've been clear: there is no dangerous asbestos left in Derwent :smile: There is still some in Vanbrugh though, I think.
Yeah, there's plenty of internationals! So don't worry about that.
I should've been clear: there is no dangerous asbestos left in Derwent :smile: There is still some in Vanbrugh though, I think.
Yeah, there's plenty of internationals! So don't worry about that.

Okay. And I'm curious, were there many, or at least some, freshmen at the age of 20?

And since I'm here: are there any calisthenics/pull up bars outside on campus?

Quick Reply

Latest