The Student Room Group

What do you want to know about Cambridge?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TimmonaPortella
lol what do you know about cambridge? your college is a three-transfer train journey away from it :colonhash:

Spoiler

That's funny because I thought your college was in Oxford?

Spoiler

Reply 41

Yep, first year lawyer :smile:

edit: I use "swamp" loosely, to be fair. Although I've not been there in the summer months.

Cool. Well, grades permitting, next year I'll be a first year PPS-er. :biggrin:
Can I ask what the accommodation's like? Also, is Magdalene really very traditional (and if so, in what ways)?

Thanks!
Reply 42
Original post by Cast.Iron
YOU ****!

Folks, I am also taking questions.

I love you really, bro. :hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
lol what do you know about cambridge? your college is a three-transfer train journey away from it :colonhash:

Spoiler

Dayum, you went there...
Original post by PeeWeeDan
...Really? But we seem so friendly.

:toofunny:

That may be, but the actions of your forefathers will be judged by history :tongue:

Original post by Doughnuts!!
I'm disappointed...I thought that you knew everything! I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain that Pembroke has one and I've seen one several times in Selwyn.

Are you sure those ones are official college cats?
...Really? But we seem so friendly.

I think it was 400 years ago though
Original post by Doughnuts!!
I love you really, bro. :hugs:

That's right, now review your description of Homerton seeing as I'm the only Homertonian you know :pierre:

Right folks, seeing as there are too many Cambridge lawyers in this thread and it's getting unhealthy, I am now assuming representative for the CUTWC (Cambridge University Tiddlywinks Club).
That's right, now review your description of Homerton seeing as I'm the only Homertonian you know :pierre:

Right folks, seeing as there are too many Cambridge lawyers in this thread and it's getting unhealthy, I am now assuming representative for the CUTWC (Cambridge University Tiddlywinks Club).

Guys guys guys, we all know Homerton is a **** college somewhere near Oxford, but we have more important things to complain about; John's and Oxford. Get on it.
Reply 48
@OP: It's nice that you're still so optimistic. Just wait until exam term :wink:
Original post by alexsasg
Cool. Well, grades permitting, next year I'll be a first year PPS-er. :biggrin:
Can I ask what the accommodation's like? Also, is Magdalene really very traditional (and if so, in what ways)?

Thanks!

Cool :biggrin:

If it's very traditional, I haven't noticed. There's a formal every night, which I guess might make it traditional; but that's not going really to make your experience "traditional" if, like every undergraduate, you don't go to every one of them.

Erm, I don't know. In everyday life you won't notice it being "traditional" at all. I don't know exactly what would make it "traditional".
Guys guys guys, we all know Homerton is a **** college somewhere near Oxford, but we have more important things to complain about; John's and Oxford. Get on it.

You're a massive Tit.
Reply 51
Original post by Arialaxe
Which colleges have cats?

Which colleges have the most cats?

Of the colleges that have cats, which are the cutest?

Of the colleges that have cats, which are the friendliest?

How prominent a role do the college cats play in the lives of Cambridge undergraduates?

To what extent would you argue that the college cats are the single most important influence in the personal support of the Cambridge undergraduates?

(Edit: I should add this disclaimer, for any miserable TSR cat-haters, that I do not expect these questions to be answered...)

Christ's has the cutest, friendliest cat called Milton. It can play a major role in the life of Christ's undergraduates, sitting on your window sill ( especially if you are on a ground floor building, e.g. in W, Y, New court) and offering essential pastoral, moral and academic support.

Original post by chickenonsteroids
Anyone know much about Christ's College?

I'm not sure what college i'd like to apply to yet :tongue:

Christ's is awesome, we have a cat :smile:. We also don't get as many tourists as other colleges, yet have an awesome location that isn't far away from anywhere you need to go, and if you do need to go to Girton we are right next to a taxi rank.
We have a reputation for working hard, but the college has apparently become more relaxed in recent years and I don't feel they put too much pressure on us.
Being a medium sized college, we have a good community where after a term I know the majority of people in my year, yet it isn't small enough for rumours to spread through college quickly. The people are what makes the college a great place to be really :smile:.

The only thing I can warn you about is the food, especially if you are vegetarian. The quality and range of food is questionable. I once got served a mushroom burger, where the 'burger' was a mushroom. Also, when I invited friends for formal, they called the main course 'Uncle Ben's rice' and the dessert was a hollowed orange filled with calippo. Honestly though, this is the only downside and it's not really a reason to turn down the best college in Cambridge :biggrin:.

You're a massive Tit.

I assume that was intentional? (Y)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ray_Han
I assume that was intentional? (Y)

Of course, I'm not just a pretty face.
Reply 53

Spoiler

You strike again. :')
Reply 54
Original post by Arialaxe
Which colleges have cats?

Which colleges have the most cats?

Of the colleges that have cats, which are the cutest?

Of the colleges that have cats, which are the friendliest?

How prominent a role do the college cats play in the lives of Cambridge undergraduates?

To what extent would you argue that the college cats are the single most important influence in the personal support of the Cambridge undergraduates?

(Edit: I should add this disclaimer, for any miserable TSR cat-haters, that I do not expect these questions to be answered...)

Selwyn has Gus.

In answer to your fourth question: MASSIVE. Rumour has it that if you go to stroke him and he walks off, you're gonna get a third! Make or break really.
Reply 55
Original post by The West Wing
I think it was 400 years ago though

No, it was the year before I went there (2003). He was called Scipio. Glad to see the story hasn't been forgotten!
Has any one heard of cambridge giving an offer by mistake? I don't think I did that well at interview and somehow got an offer, and I'm just really insecure about it. Thanks
Reply 57
Do people actually get kicked out failing their exams :s-smilie:?
Reply 58
So...What do other colleges think of Caius?

...nobody's ever heard of us. :'C
Reply 59
Original post by withoutwax1111
Has any one heard of cambridge giving an offer by mistake? I don't think I did that well at interview and somehow got an offer, and I'm just really insecure about it. Thanks

How I feel exactly! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending