The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
Original post by sportycricketer
I have an offer from BNP Paribas and Nomura. Which one would people recommend me to do? Thanks :smile:

Bear in mind this is second-hand information given to me anecdotally, the BNP Paribas programme was far superior. From a second year at my university who did both last year I think.
Reply 4741
Original post by jakash
Bear in mind this is second-hand information given to me anecdotally, the BNP Paribas programme was far superior. From a second year at my university who did both last year I think.

But the BNPP's fast-track opportunities are below 'meh' level. Don't know about Nomura.
Reply 4742
Original post by TomasK
But the BNPP's fast-track opportunities are below 'meh' level. Don't know about Nomura.

Any idea of what firms do offer reasonable fast track opportunities?

Cheers
Original post by natty_d
Well done.

Are you at Nottingham uni?

Nope, Durham, sorry! Are you doing any?

Original post by course101
ah nice - which divsion for JPM - IBD or markets?

Neither: Technology. They seem to put a lot of emphasis on their tech division, so it'll be interesting to see what it's like.
Original post by TomasK

Oh really? Do you know more information than just that?

I must be getting them confused with someone else then. Wasn't there a bank that openly said 60% or so of SWers got into their Summer Internship?
Reply 4745
Original post by Michael XYZ

I must be getting them confused with someone else then. Wasn't there a bank that openly said 60% or so of SWers got into their Summer Internship?

Mate done BNP and BarCap last year. goes BNP a waste of time, put all his effort into BarCap got fast track. for markets CS are the best for fast track I think theyfast track most people.

From some of my mates who did Nomura last year none of them got fast tracked, im not sure they actually fast track at all tbh.

Speaking to some people I know at BarCap they say they may do 'direct' fast tracks less this year, but that may not be accurate.

JPM fast track very few i think around 10-20%, if you really work your ass off at Goldman youll get a direct fast track.

All this is for markets btw.

I had 3 offers rejected two because I have exams and essay deadline straight after easter hols, so cant realistically do more than one.

Hope that helps.
Reply 4746
Original post by Michael XYZ

Yeah, I had a few friends going to BNPP and apparently none of them (1-2?) went through.

Also, received my RBS rejection just this morning. Only Citi, BarCap and ICAP to go, yay.
Yes I decided I'll do BarCap (of course) and BNPP. Kinda disappointed now hearing that they don't really fast-track or very rarely. I guess we'll see. Should still be worth doing it though.
Reply 4748
still waiting for my BNPP offer...:tongue:
Original post by gdavid
When did you have your phone interview?

i didnt have one they said i passed tests and my app is under review. lol just got the rejection toady :s-smilie:
Got a call from Citi.. transferred me from Citiquest to Certificate in Finance :biggrin:

Yeah I'll take that :smile:
Got a call from Citi.. transferred me from Citiquest to Certificate in Finance :biggrin:

What is Citis conversion rate? Their CIF program doesnt look too appealing
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
What is Citis conversion rate? Their CIF program doesnt look too appealing

they said to me CIF and Citiquest have the same AC at the end to go into the summer internship
Reply 4753
For those that got onto the PWC Academy, how long did it take for them to get back to you after the phone interview?

Post or pre interview?
Thanks!
Reply 4755
Original post by gangst
still waiting for my BNPP offer...:tongue:

do u know when they'll get back to us?

i heard its mainly rejections so far but they've started giving out offers already.
Reply 4756
they said to me CIF and Citiquest have the same AC at the end to go into the summer internship

Has anyone got an offer for Citiquest yet?

Are they slowly rejecting people or have offers been given out?
Reply 4757
Original post by milanftw
UBS rejection (dont give a f..)
GS rejection :frown:

Sorry to hear.

Which division?
Original post by Salvius
For those that got onto the PWC Academy, how long did it take for them to get back to you after the phone interview?

Next day for me. They say within 5 working days.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Drizzzy
Sorry to hear.

Which division?

it was IBD

Latest