The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Having had a quick read through that document I think it probably gives a little too much detail and might give those who have read it an unfair advantage. I haven't seen anything else on the net which gives such specific examples of questions asked and themes of exercises. I doubt whoever wrote it has been authorised to provide that much detail.
Original post by Moonberry
Having had a quick read through that document I think it probably gives a little too much detail and might give those who have read it an unfair advantage. I haven't seen anything else on the net which gives such specific examples of questions asked and themes of exercises. I doubt whoever wrote it has been authorised to provide that much detail.

I agree, it gives a lot of detail, especially in regards to the interview as very similar questions are likely to be asked to each candidate (the policy rec questions are less useful as they will vary substantially based on the specifics of each candidates presentation). If this person has been authorised to share so much detail about the FSAC it gives an unfair advantage to Durham students, who would presumably have been the only ones to see this had it not be found and shared on Twitter.
Original post by Moonberry

I've taken it down, as I said earlier in this thread I haven't actually applied so I didn't know it would provide an advantage (and it's freely available to anyone, not just Durham students, on facebook and twitter).

Sorry!
Original post by JustRollingAlong
I agree, it gives a lot of detail, especially in regards to the interview as very similar questions are likely to be asked to each candidate (the policy rec questions are less useful as they will vary substantially based on the specifics of each candidates presentation). If this person has been authorised to share so much detail about the FSAC it gives an unfair advantage to Durham students, who would presumably have been the only ones to see this had it not be found and shared on Twitter.

The careers service put it on facebook and twitter and their blog so it's freely available for all to see (ie not just Durham students), but I've taken it down anyway.
Reply 1684
Original post by JustRollingAlong

There are example FS questions on the kent.ac.uk website, amongst others.
Reply 1685
Original post by Evidza
There are example FS questions on the kent.ac.uk website, amongst others.

If the Kent ones are the ones I managed to find, they are wholly misleading :smile:
I have just read document - it give a lot of detail, the exact topics for the briefing/presentation exercise and the exact interview questions I was asked!

There is no way that document should be published before the end of the FSAC as it gives those who are still waiting to attend their FSAC an unfair advantage over those who have already taken the FSAC especially for the interview!
Reply 1687
Original post by lm222
If the Kent ones are the ones I managed to find, they are wholly misleading :smile:

You mean, you weren't asked which minister you admired most???

:colondollar:
Reply 1688
Original post by Evidza
You mean, you weren't asked which minister you admired most???

:colondollar:

Nope, but I told the interviewer I thought Theresa May was a stunner anyway.
Reply 1689
Original post by SevenWonders
It's so ridiculous, me too. Also I keep feeling like basically if you're kept waiting right til the end you must be so borderline, which just makes it more excruciating as they trim each side bit by bit.

I've been thinking this too. Although I think it'll be a much smaller amount that gets immediately successful and a bigger percentage who get immediately unsuccessful. E.g. if 30% of FSAC are successful then maybe the bottom 40% would get unsuccessful straight away but would prob only tell the top 10% maybe that they were immediately successful. These are completely unfounded though, just wildly speculating!!

And my thoughts swing aswell between 1 min thinking that I'm so borderline I will prob be unsuccessful, but then I think they've trimmed them so much the unsuccessful way that I must have done quite well to still be in the running!
Reply 1690
Yeah that document is totally inappropriate and unfair. I doubt the fast stream would be pleased to see that as it is basically exactly what i was asked, including many of the briefing questions.

Its kind of laughing in their face because the person was allowed to sit in and watch...
Reply 1691
I can't find the document that your talking about, I'd be interested to read it aswell and see how it compared to mine. As you can probably tell from my persistant moaning :tongue: I already sat my FSAC in Jan so would somebody pls inbox me the link so I can read it?
Original post by lm222
Honestly, I think I'd prefer the old style interview, econ, and language tests to the roleplays....

The old style DS FSB had the interview, economics and language tests in addition to the role-plays - not as an alternative!
Reply 1693
Original post by gt94sss2
The old style DS FSB had the interview, economics and language tests in addition to the role-plays - not as an alternative!

Still I'd like something to gain back marks lost at roleplays :smile:
Reply 1694
Definately agree that's far too detailed to be released half way through the completion of the assessment centres, if they at least posted it after all had been completed it would have been fairer.
Also, I'm actually jealous of those who got that briefing exercise lol, as mine was one where none of the options were really feasible which made it harder to give a persuasive presentation!
Reply 1695
Original post by rach2012
Definately agree that's far too detailed to be released half way through the completion of the assessment centres, if they at least posted it after all had been completed it would have been fairer.
Also, I'm actually jealous of those who got that briefing exercise lol, as mine was one where none of the options were really feasible which made it harder to give a persuasive presentation!

at least this indicates there is *some* variation between exercises :smile:
Original post by miiiiil
Yeah that document is totally inappropriate and unfair. I doubt the fast stream would be pleased to see that as it is basically exactly what i was asked, including many of the briefing questions.

Its kind of laughing in their face because the person was allowed to sit in and watch...

Good grief, that document is just so unfair for people who already sat their FSACs. I hope the Fast Stream make them take it down!
I'd like to read this. I've sat my FSAC already, doesn't seem quite fair if something like that is available. I thought the whole point of them reviewing the scenarios etc each year was to make sure it was fair. If you've been to a previous FSAC the only advantage you would have is knowing the structure and "type" of questions been asked.

Am I right in thinking this document is giving "specific" examples of interview questions etc asked this year?!?
Can someone also forward me that document? I'm just interested, I've also been through FSAC already, and unsuccessful.

From what I've heard though, reading the document wouldn't be any more of an unfair advantage than a repeat applicant, in fact, probably less, and I plan on applying again!
Original post by undergradstudent
I've taken it down, as I said earlier in this thread I haven't actually applied so I didn't know it would provide an advantage (and it's freely available to anyone, not just Durham students, on facebook and twitter).

Sorry!

I've already been through the AC, so it would be interesting to compare - but I can't find the document, could you send it to my inbox if possible? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest