The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
:woo: :woo: :woo:

Thank you!

It's just making me more excited now for the next season.

If there's a 5 year time skip, will Gaius still be alive? I hope so, he's easily one of the best characters.

I hope so. :biggrin: I wonder if he has been seen filming at the Pierrefonds yet.
Original post by aefli
I hope so. :biggrin: I wonder if he has been seen filming at the Pierrefonds yet.

We'll have to keep an eye out and try to spot him!

Do you know if the start date has been confirmed yet? Is it going to be some time in October like last season?

Also, why why is there no mention of a magic reveal? Someone needs to find out about Merlin's magic! If not Arthur, then Gwen finding out would be interesting... or Morgana finding out that Merlin is Emrys.

There needs to be more development on that. Ah, older Merlin being 'wise'.

AND there has to be old old Merlin. He's brilliant.

(Sorry just went off on one there, haha)
Reply 1322
We'll have to keep an eye out and try to spot him!

Do you know if the start date has been confirmed yet? Is it going to be some time in October like last season?

Also, why why is there no mention of a magic reveal? Someone needs to find out about Merlin's magic! If not Arthur, then Gwen finding out would be interesting... or Morgana finding out that Merlin is Emrys.

There needs to be more development on that. Ah, older Merlin being 'wise'.

AND there has to be old old Merlin. He's brilliant.

(Sorry just went off on one there, haha)

I think they will be revealing merlins magic (I read this somewhere) but it's not confirmed wether this will be in series 5 or not. :smile:
Original post by aefli
I think they will be revealing merlins magic (I read this somewhere) but it's not confirmed wether this will be in series 5 or not. :smile:

That's good!

I hope they don't do the reveal in the finale, I'd love to see some interactions between Merlin and Arthur after people find out about the magic.

Also there need to be more bromance moments between Arthur and Merlin! Another hug would be great :biggrin:
Reply 1324
That's good!

I hope they don't do the reveal in the finale, I'd love to see some interactions between Merlin and Arthur after people find out about the magic.

Also there need to be more bromance moments between Arthur and Merlin! Another hug would be great :biggrin:

I agree, that would be worth watching and could lead to some good storylines. I havent read the ledgends, does Arthur know Merlin as the wizard (I understand that it is really quite diffrent) and if so they will probably follow that storyline at one point.

Awww :wink: Bromance fan then! :hugs:. I think they are a great double act.
Original post by aefli
I agree, that would be worth watching and could lead to some good storylines. I havent read the ledgends, does Arthur know Merlin as the wizard (I understand that it is really quite diffrent) and if so they will probably follow that storyline at one point.

Awww :wink: Bromance fan then! :hugs:. I think they are a great double act.

It would lead to some very interesting storylines. Imagine Merlin, Arthur and the Knights fighting together, using the magic and sword skills together. They'd be unstoppable!

The legends are quite different to the tv show. I've read a little on the legends, and magic isn't hated, people know about Merlin's magic, he's an old man etc. The tv show is basically the characters, with the BBC doing their own thing with little bit and pieces taken from the original legends.

Yes! A definite bromance fan! :hugs: They make such an awesome duo. And Bradley and Colin are hilarious in interviews, behind the scenes clips and bloopers.
Reply 1326
It would lead to some very interesting storylines. Imagine Merlin, Arthur and the Knights fighting together, using the magic and sword skills together. They'd be unstoppable!

The legends are quite different to the tv show. I've read a little on the legends, and magic isn't hated, people know about Merlin's magic, he's an old man etc. The tv show is basically the characters, with the BBC doing their own thing with little bit and pieces taken from the original legends.

Yes! A definite bromance fan! :hugs: They make such an awesome duo. And Bradley and Colin are hilarious in interviews, behind the scenes clips and bloopers.

As long as it was for a good cause, otherwise Merlin would disagree with that!

Yeah, I thought so. :smile:
Original post by aefli
As long as it was for a good cause, otherwise Merlin would disagree with that!

Yeah, I thought so. :smile:

Oh yeah, of course. Like to defend Camelot or protect a village from bandits etc.

Also, do you think there will be more with Aithusa (sp?). The bit at the end of S4 with Morgana being healed was interesting.
Oh yeah, of course. Like to defend Camelot or protect a village from bandits etc.

Also, do you think there will be more with Aithusa (sp?). The bit at the end of S4 with Morgana being healed was interesting.

I was so shocked at that cliffhanger because I thought Aithusa would be a good dragon and I hate how the producers lied to us that a villain was going to return in the cliffhanger and we're yet to see Nimueh's return which is interesting because that has been rumoured since she died.
I can't believe I've only just noticed this thread, I /love/ Merlin <3

Can't wait for the new series, the spoilers I've read on here so far are very intriguing :biggrin: I'm especially curious to know exactly what Merlin's position will be, although I can't see Arthur treating him any differently than when he was his serving boy :P
Original post by dizzeedollee
I can't believe I've only just noticed this thread, I /love/ Merlin <3

Can't wait for the new series, the spoilers I've read on here so far are very intriguing :biggrin: I'm especially curious to know exactly what Merlin's position will be, although I can't see Arthur treating him any differently than when he was his serving boy :P

Haha, yes. Even if he becomes Grand High Wizard and Advisor to the King and Realm on all magical matter, Arthur will still tell Merlin to shut up and call him an idiot.
This show was my guilty pleasure all last year...Can't wait for the new season.
Reply 1332

Hmn they have said that there would be. :biggrin: Maybe a fight or something?

People seem to think that the creators are drawing on the legend of the red dragon (representing Camelot) kills the white dragon (symbolizing the Saxons) however its not confirmed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by aefli
Hmn they have said that there would be. :biggrin: Maybe a fight or something?

People seem to think that the creators are drawing on the legend of the red dragon (representing Camelot) kills the white dragon (symbolizing the Saxons) however its not confirmed.

Hm, having Aithusa as the white dragon would be interesting. I suppose with the 5 year time gap he'll be grown up. That'll be cool though, another grown up dragon on the screen.

But who would be the red dragon? I can't imagine it would be the great slash dragon of destiny (I can't remember his actual name for the life of me at the moment.)
Reply 1334
Hm, having Aithusa as the white dragon would be interesting. I suppose with the 5 year time gap he'll be grown up. That'll be cool though, another grown up dragon on the screen.

But who would be the red dragon? I can't imagine it would be the great slash dragon of destiny (I can't remember his actual name for the life of me at the moment.)

I think Kilgrah (I think thats his name, not too sure about the spelling) is "the red dragon" :biggrin:
Original post by aefli
I think Kilgrah (I think thats his name, not too sure about the spelling) is "the red dragon" :biggrin:

If that's the case then maybe Aithusa joins with Morgana? If the two dragons are going to fight then something must cause them to turn against each other.

Makes me sad thinking about it though :frown:
Reply 1336
If that's the case then maybe Aithusa joins with Morgana? If the two dragons are going to fight then something must cause them to turn against each other.

Makes me sad thinking about it though :frown:

Oooh, prehaps. :eek: We shall have to wait and see! Or, alternatively, wait till more spoilers are released.
Original post by aefli
Oooh, prehaps. :eek: We shall have to wait and see! Or, alternatively, wait till more spoilers are released.

We shall! More spoilers are needed!

I also hope there's some behind the scenes thing with Bradley and Colin on the dvds. Those are always so funny. And Bradley with his video camera, though apparently he was recording so much people started to get annoyed at him!
Reply 1338
We shall! More spoilers are needed!

I also hope there's some behind the scenes thing with Bradley and Colin on the dvds. Those are always so funny. And Bradley with his video camera, though apparently he was recording so much people started to get annoyed at him!

I shall have to watch them. Are they on the DVDs? I have all of them (watching series 5 now :smile:) but never used the "additional features" disk. :s-smilie:
Original post by aefli
I shall have to watch them. Are they on the DVDs? I have all of them (watching series 5 now :smile:) but never used the "additional features" disk. :s-smilie:

Yeah! They're on the DVDs I think. Or if not, they're on youtube and are as funny as hell to watch. I know there's 1st season behind the scenes clips on youtube from Colin and Bradley with them pulling pranks on Angel, going to theme parks and messing about on set.

I've got the DVDs back at my parents house so I wouldn't be able to confirm for you, but if you've got the DVDs you'll be able to check.

Also, watch bradley and colin interviews for Merlin! (Also on youtube). They're hilarious.

Latest