The Student Room Group

Be Honest. Do You Look Down On Women That Sleep Around More Than Men,

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahava
I'm 21.

And I think you mean there's nothing wrong with what I have done. I no longer sleep around. I was in control because I consented to the acts and only had sex with men I genuinely wanted to have sex with. I look back at the past with a smile. I have no regrets about it.

My boyfriend knows about my sexual past and does not judge it. He's fine with it. Because it's my past and he is my present. We had sex on our second date and I have never been in such a fulfilling relationship. Putting off sex will not make your relationship necessarily stronger. Just because we have sex doesn't mean we do it 24/7. Outside of sex, we have a strong, spiritual bond with so much in common. We take our relationship seriously.

He's 33. He could have picked a much older woman who have had next to nothing sexual partners. He had offers. But he picked me. My sexual history doesn't define our relationship. We can't wait to get married and start our family. I really look forward to sharing the rest of my life with him. Plenty of other girls with colourful sexual pasts will also have the opportunity to settle down. I'm not a one off case.

Of course, I respect that you choose to wait until marriage to have sex. If that makes you happy then by all means go for it. But you shouldn't judge girls who sleep around or 'give it up' on the first date. Relationships work in many different, complex ways. There isn't just one rule that if you have sex on the first date then it's already over. I know many married couples, who have been married for 5+ years, who had sex on their first date. The main thing is, I respect girls for all their sexual choices. As I said, many of my friends are virgins and I completely respect them for it. Why can't you celebrate women who choose to have multiple sexual partners if it's done in a consensual and safe manner?

if you have a child, specifically a daughter, who started doing the same acts from a young age such as 15, and she spoke to you about this stuff, doing it every week for example in secondary school, would you feel pride that youve"brought her up to make her own choices", or would you feel sad? i know youd say former but be realistic please.
Reply 101
Original post by catsis
Let's see how that goes.

It's going to go perfectly well thank you, because not all men want virgins. Not all men put so much importance on sex. I'm happy. We had a baby due in the summer. We're already well on our way to a happy life together. Suck it.
Reply 102
Original post by welcometoib
if you have a child, specifically a daughter, who started doing the same acts from a young age such as 15, and she spoke to you about this stuff, doing it every week for example in secondary school, would you feel pride that youve"brought her up to make her own choices", or would you feel sad? i know youd say former but be realistic please.

No, because 15 is way too young to be having regular sex. Don't be so ridiculous. If I had a daughter then I would want her to make her own choices yes, but at an age where she can make those choices legally, with consent and maturely.
Original post by Ahava
No, because 15 is way too young to be having regular sex. Don't be so ridiculous. If I had a daughter then I would want her to make her own choices yes, but at an age where she can make those choices legally, with consent and maturely.

being ridiculous for saying 15 is not normal? sorry, you said youre only 21 and have had a lot of partners, it wasnt a ridiculous thought at all. ok, so even if she told you she said yes she was happy, youd hate it till she was one more year older lol :confused: and if you had a 15 year old son doing the same, and he said the same thing, youd get angry and say no, even though you consent, must be at 16?
Reply 104
being ridiculous for saying 15 is not normal? sorry, you said youre only 21 and have had a lot of partners, it wasnt a ridiculous thought at all. ok, so even if she told you she said yes she was happy, youd hate it till she was one more year older lol :confused: and if you had a 15 year old son doing the same, and he said the same thing, youd get angry and say no, even though you consent, must be at 16?

15 is normal but not exactly the best idea is it? 15 year olds are still children. I had sex a few times at 15, and luckily don't regret it. But all of my friends did. Personally, I was very mentally different at 15 to what I was at 16. And then at 17. And then at 18.
If she was happy then what can you do? You can only control your children to some extent. You have to let them make their own mistakes or else they won't make it through life. Son or daughter, I won't be happy about them having sex at a young age. Gender makes no difference if it's your child because you'd love them equally.
Original post by Ahava
It's going to go perfectly well thank you, because not all men want virgins. Not all men put so much importance on sex. I'm happy. We had a baby due in the summer. We're already well on our way to a happy life together. Suck it.

Oh wow. I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way. but since you want to go there: not getting the ring then, uh? :rolleyes:
Reply 106
Original post by catsis
Oh wow. I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way. but since you want to go there: not getting the ring then, uh? :rolleyes:

Then why say it if it wasn't sarcastic? Clearly said in a doubtful way. Anyway, I'm really done justifying myself to you because you're an impossible person. You're a true Christian- judgemental and will attack others as you believe your beliefs are superior to others, so props to you. Mate, getting that ring really isn't that much of a priority. I wouldn't mind being married down the line but overall, marriage is an archaic, religious idea. Not everyone is so desperate to get married in 2015.

I really just think you need a fat spliff and a fat cock and you wouldn't feel the need to judge others so harshly.
Original post by Ahava
Then why say it if it wasn't sarcastic? Clearly said in a doubtful way. Anyway, I'm really done justifying myself to you because you're an impossible person. You're a true Christian- judgemental and will attack others as you believe your beliefs are superior to others, so props to you. Mate, getting that ring really isn't that much of a priority. I wouldn't mind being married down the line but overall, marriage is an archaic, religious idea. Not everyone is so desperate to get married in 2015.

I really just think you need a fat spliff and a fat cock and you wouldn't feel the need to judge others so harshly.

LOL! i just died, fat cock
Thats weird, i thought youd have that response about marriage, to each their own i guess
Reply 108
LOL! i just died, fat cock
Thats weird, i thought youd have that response about marriage, to each their own i guess

Hmm I'm not sure how I feel about marriage. I mean, that is my initial opinion anyway. I wouldn't mind marrying my boyfriend because I love him and want to be with him, but I wouldn't be upset if it never happened either. I feel like we have to get married because that's just what people do and our families are expecting us to. Marriage obviously offers much more legal protection than cohabiting couples but then you have to consider divorce too. They're very expensive/drawn out/unearthing.

But like I said, marriage really isn't at the top of my priority list right now.
I'm not a sanctimonious turd; so no.
Reply 110
why on earth will you call out ludicrous standards, are you a spokesperson for betas or something? there are many people like you on here, who jump to defend women for everything. stop the white knighting.

What are you on about? I was specifically calling out double standards held by women, particularly the idea that a man should be more successful than the woman to be a worthwhile dating prospect. Please do try to follow the conversation and comprehend the post next time.
Original post by ilem
What are you on about? I was specifically calling out double standards held by women, particularly the idea that a man should be more successful than the woman to be a worthwhile dating prospect. Please do try to follow the conversation and comprehend the post next time.

it sounded like you were talking about campaigning for justice for women who sleep around who get judged. nvm lol, leave it blud.
Original post by catsis
No, sorry. Your friends are a reflection of who you are. I don't want a friend with that kind of mentality. Yes, I am judging.

And I did say that sometimes with works out for people, sometimes it doesn't. I am just trying to stay in topic here. The question was if I judge and I do.

I'm glad you found someone. Let's see how that goes.

good girl
I think ... subconsciously ... a little, yes. :s-smilie: But then I don't think highly of men either who sleep around lots.
Reply 114
it sounded like you were talking about campaigning for justice for women who sleep around who get judged. nvm lol, leave it blud.

I do in fact think that women who choose to sleep around shouldn't be judged for it. But this isn't unique to women's issues -- I'm more than happy to extend the same treatment to just about every outdated double standard that is still plaguing society, regardless of who is affected.
It depends on the circumstances. If you live in a city and are unlikely to bump into one of the few dozen she has done the deed with then it is easier.
If you live in a small village and go to the pub together and you have to stand there knowing that half the men in the room have had their todgers in her mouth then that is a different kettle of fish.
It would be a special man that could.easily put that to one side.
I would think it would be the same for a woman in that position too.
Original post by Ahava

Sounds like a protective mechanism to me.

I don't necessarily think my beliefs are better. I like them because they're mine, just like everyone else is protective of theirs. And you already kind of agreed with me in that you went from sleeping around to holding off sex until the second date...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending