The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Oooh no. Statistics rock my socks :biggrin:
Original post by Ameze_:)
I heard Durham takes time so hopefully it will come out well. I got an offer from Southampton tho yayyy!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

:five:
Reply 122
Original post by Zakky
:five:

:biggrin: & now Manchester!!!!!!!!!! :banana2::2euk48l::clap2: I feel like im on a roll wohoooo!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Ice_Queen
I have Stats (well, "Quantitative Methods") too. Hate it. With a passion. As does everyone else.

I actually complained to the Student Forum, and intend to take it up at the Board of Study as well (the perks of being a Senior Rep :biggrin:).

Stats doesn't really bother me too much but then again, there's more I have yet to learn :iiam:

:five: I'm a student representative for my course :h:

Original post by Ameze_:)
I heard Durham takes time so hopefully it will come out well. I got an offer from Southampton tho yayyy!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

:biggrin: & now Manchester!!!!!!!!!! :banana2::2euk48l::clap2: I feel like im on a roll wohoooo!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! :h:
Original post by samanthaaaa
Stats doesn't really bother me too much but then again, there's more I have yet to learn :iiam:

:five: I'm a student representative for my course :h:

I wish you luck with your hopes and dreams, young grasshopper.

As for student repping, turned up to the damn student forum the other day - technically there is a minimum of two academic staff and three course reps. Who turned up? Me and four academic staff (inc. my course tutor, department head, and two senior lecturers).

Believe you me, I'm confident and I can talk to my superiors, but my God that was an experience. I was basically sat there representing the ENTIRE group of postgraduate economics, finance and accountancy students and just complaining, basically.
I wish you luck with your hopes and dreams, young grasshopper.

As for student repping, turned up to the damn student forum the other day - technically there is a minimum of two academic staff and three course reps. Who turned up? Me and four academic staff (inc. my course tutor, department head, and two senior lecturers).

Believe you me, I'm confident and I can talk to my superiors, but my God that was an experience. I was basically sat there representing the ENTIRE group of postgraduate economics, finance and accountancy students and just complaining, basically.

Why thanks! I wish you look too (but instead of the young grasshopper, I should use the term wise owl?) :ahee:

I bet you'll be in their good books now! Sort of had a similar experience; out of five course reps for our year, three showed up though obviously can't really compare to your situation. I'd be really nervous!
I have Stats (well, "Quantitative Methods") too. Hate it. With a passion. As does everyone else.

I actually complained to the Student Forum, and intend to take it up at the Board of Study as well (the perks of being a Senior Rep :biggrin:).

I'm doing a quantitative methods statistic module as well. I don't even know what quantitative methods are. Shows how helpful the module is.

On another note - I was working through a Sage workbook today and accidentally entered a bank receipt wrong. Any clue how to delete it? I'm probably being stupid, but there's nothing in my notes about removing things?!
Reply 127
Original post by marieisfab
I'm doing a quantitative methods statistic module as well. I don't even know what quantitative methods are. Shows how helpful the module is.

On another note - I was working through a Sage workbook today and accidentally entered a bank receipt wrong. Any clue how to delete it? I'm probably being stupid, but there's nothing in my notes about removing things?!

Go to File > Maintenance > Correction and find the transaction of the receipt and delete it.

Or you could enter a bank payment to the same code so they contra off on the bank rec :smile:
Why thanks! I wish you look too (but instead of the young grasshopper, I should use the term wise owl?) :ahee:

I bet you'll be in their good books now! Sort of had a similar experience; out of five course reps for our year, three showed up though obviously can't really compare to your situation. I'd be really nervous!

Wise Owl? That'll be the day :p:

I doubt it, that lot actually complain about me to each other. I'm not afraid to stand up for the rest of the class, I'm not afraid to ask questions. Drives them mad :p:
Original post by Cortez
Go to File > Maintenance > Correction and find the transaction of the receipt and delete it.

Or you could enter a bank payment to the same code so they contra off on the bank rec :smile:

I won't be able to try this until later on, but thanks!
Okay, i'm trying my luck here.

Er, does anyone have the June 2010 Unit 1 Edexcel Accounting paper and ms? :frown:

Been looking for it everywhere, can't find it. They have it on the edexcel site, but it's secured. :sad: Help me please. :emo:
Hi, I'm accounting standardisation and harmonisation. There's no real way to measure if I'm successful as uptake isn't really a factor if you're forced to by regulation. Write an essay on me which is impossible to answer.
Did anyone hear about the PricewaterhouseCoopers scandal recently?
Just had a test; I hate the way I always realise what mistakes I made once the test is over. Hopefully, it shouldn't be too many marks lost!
Did anyone hear about the PricewaterhouseCoopers scandal recently?

Yeah but it's not anything financial so mehh
True.
Sooooo anyone want to help me with my statistics? Due for Friday and I'm pretttttty stuck.
Original post by marieisfab
Sooooo anyone want to help me with my statistics? Due for Friday and I'm pretttttty stuck.

Tell me what it is you need help with and I'll try.

I got locked out and had to stay at my parents' over the weekend - I missed my one-on-one tutorial :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest