The Student Room Group

BBC3 - Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by applemilk1992
I tried to watch it but couldn't hear what was being said over my mother shouting things like "THEY ALL SOUND STUPID." "OH DEAR GOD, SHE'S A BIMBO..." "HE'S FAT BUT HE'S A DOCTOR. HOW DOES THAT WORK" "THAT GUY'S AN ARROGANT T**T" (guess who that was aimed at...) safe to say she doesn't trust junior doctors....

Ditto
She was worried that I wasn´t cut out to be a doctor before the prog, then whilst watching between snorts of laughter she told me that she thinks I´ll be fine :angry:
Reply 201
It was quite good...seemed quite realistic, which I didn't expect after hearing the title :P

I'm not sure if telling a patient repeatedly that you can't find a vein or that what you're doing probably won't work is very....confidence inspiring though :confused:

Meh..given that I haven't even gone through med school yet, I shall not comment further :biggrin:
Original post by Renal
You'd be surprised. Breaking bad news is one of the most challenging aspects of the job, it's probably one of the best markers of how good a doctor you are.

Are you in a rush to get all your words out? :confused:

lol not in a rush just slightly lazy

I could understand that being able to deliver bad news well would be a good marker but even if you could deliver the bad news well as a doctor would you really be as eager as Adam to do so...? I personally would hope when the time comes I could do so but I wouldn't be eager to do it for the first time
Reply 203
Original post by Elles
-1. :biggrin:

Yeah, apparently the sweetener was luxury free (shared) accommodation for them together!
Interesting, but not surprising, though that six random doctors thrown together manage to get on reasonably well.
Original post by delphie
Ditto
She was worried that I wasn´t cut out to be a doctor before the prog, then whilst watching between snorts of laughter she told me that she thinks I´ll be fine :angry:

inbetween the swearing i got 'pfft and you want to do this?!' when that female doctor (forgot the name, brown hair) couldnt take blood and asked for some senior help there was 5 minutes of "WHY DOESNT SHE ASK THE NURSE? ITS A MIDDLE AGED NURSE. ASK THE BLOODY NURSE"

think mother dearest should be "the peoples' advocate" and set all the junior doctors in this world right....
Reply 205
Original post by Neomaster121
I personally would hope when the time comes I could do so but I wouldn't be eager to do it for the first time
We'll see.
Original post by Andrii
It was quite good...seemed quite realistic, which I didn't expect after hearing the title :P

I'm not sure if telling a patient repeatedly that you can't find a vein or that what you're doing probably won't work is very....confidence inspiring though :confused:

Meh..given that I haven't even gone through med school yet, I shall not comment further :biggrin:

This...

I was cringing through that bit, thinking "what is she doing"....you NEVER tell the patient stuff like that as it completely undermines their confidence in you....and makes them think they've just been given some noob that knows nothing
Original post by Renal
I live with my fiancée but she's also a cardio housebitch. :biggrin:

Almost everyone I know lives with other doctors or in hossie accom with other doctors.

Wow, I can see how that would be good with you both having irregular hours(?) but do you ever just want to have a bit of a break from medicine and people that remind you of medicine? Or is that just another sign of me really NOT being suited to medicine haha! :tongue:

Original post by applemilk1992
I tried to watch it but couldn't hear what was being said over my mother shouting things like "THEY ALL SOUND STUPID." "OH DEAR GOD, SHE'S A BIMBO..." "HE'S FAT BUT HE'S A DOCTOR. HOW DOES THAT WORK" "THAT GUY'S AN ARROGANT T**T" (guess who that was aimed at...) safe to say she doesn't trust junior doctors....

LMAO!
Arrogant t**t couldn't have been aimed at anyone but Adam. :holmes: :biggrin:
Original post by infernalcradle
watch how no patient every trusts a F1/F2 doctor again after these episodes

I never trusted them before... :teehee: Nah, really, I don't think a junior doctor has ever told me they're a junior doctor!
Reply 208
Yet too watch it - on my recorded list though!
Original post by Neomaster121
lol not in a rush just slightly lazy

I could understand that being able to deliver bad news well would be a good marker but even if you could deliver the bad news well as a doctor would you really be as eager as Adam to do so...? I personally would hope when the time comes I could do so but I wouldn't be eager to do it for the first time

I wouldn't say it was eagerness to say it, but more he knows he will have to say it at some point, feels he is ready to and wants to do it sooner rather than later as to most doctors, I think the first patient you say that to is probably a major point in your career
Reply 210
Addison's disease... erm :dunce:
Came across a bit thick there Dr.
I like Kier!

LMAO! Kitchen fire! :biggrin:
Reply 212
Original post by diamonddust
Wow, I can see how that would be good with you both having irregular hours(?) but do you ever just want to have a bit of a break from medicine and people that remind you of medicine? Or is that just another sign of me really NOT being suited to medicine haha! :tongue:Why? All most outsiders want to talk to me about is medicine. Yet, oddly enough, they don't want to talk about how punters are ***** and how work's **** and what a TB empyema smells like.
Reply 213
The BEST show on TV at the moment!
Reply 214
Original post by Kinkerz
Erm...

Turf medix.
Reply 215
Original post by Renal
Why? All most outsiders want to talk to me about is medicine. Yet, oddly enough, they don't want to talk about how punters are ***** and how work's **** and what a TB empyema smells like.

TB, you mean like, that big worldwide thingy?
Original post by House MD
It's a hard thing, of course. Wouldn't you prefer to be confident? I mean, it has to be done regardless of whether you want to or not, so there's no point in being 'shy' over it. It's much better to be confident than to be nervous.

Apt username! :biggrin:
Original post by Kinkerz

At least HE knew he sounded like an idiot! Bet it was one of those 'slap yourself in private' moments.

Edit: Just realised how dirty that sounds! :teehee:
Reply 217
Original post by Beska
TB, you mean like, that big worldwide thingy?
Worldwide & Tower Hamlets, yes.

For the record, it ****ing stinks.
It was so funny when one of them got lost whilst walking down the corridor lol ...
Reply 219
Original post by Renal
Erm...

Turf medix.

Significance being?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending