The Student Room Group

AQA- English Literature at AS Level, Literature B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by lampshade1
the repeated memory of the balloon incident...so both Clarissa and Joe keep going over it..then it is repeated through Mrs Logan too
Repeated theme of mistrust..with the professor and his person and with Joe going through Clarissas stuff..

repeated themes is all I can think of to relate it to enduring love...but how to relate that to structure I don't know :s-smilie:

thankyou,
I have couldent find anytihng on structure either and ended up focusing on form and language, but since i covered structure with my auden poem and the great gatsby it shoul be okay.
I did my first essay in timed conditions todya, I wrote 5 and a half sides in an hour...but i need alot more practice(ohh and my writings big):colondollar:
Reply 221
Original post by humera01

Original post by humera01
thankyou,
I have couldent find anytihng on structure either and ended up focusing on form and language, but since i covered structure with my auden poem and the great gatsby it shoul be okay.
I did my first essay in timed conditions todya, I wrote 5 and a half sides in an hour...but i need alot more practice(ohh and my writings big):colondollar:

for section A do we have an introduction? as my teacher said we have to sum up the chapter/section that we've been asked to write about?
Reply 222
for section A do we have an introduction? as my teacher said we have to sum up the chapter/section that we've been asked to write about?

For Section A part A, you should just dive straight in, no intro or whatever.
For section B though, you could perhaps explore the meaning of the word given in the question, and show a variety of interpretations, coherently linking onto the next paragraph - for A01.
Reply 223
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
For Section A part A, you should just dive straight in, no intro or whatever.
For section B though, you could perhaps explore the meaning of the word given in the question, and show a variety of interpretations, coherently linking onto the next paragraph - for A01.

Okay thank you :smile:
I thought I shouldn't, but I've found a revision sheet and there is a whole section on introduction for Section A....deary me my teacher......
Reply 224
Okay thank you :smile:
I thought I shouldn't, but I've found a revision sheet and there is a whole section on introduction for Section A....deary me my teacher......

I haven't even started Enduring Love yet, aah! What should I do \: I'm so gonna fail. (leaving it for section b)
Reply 225
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
I haven't even started Enduring Love yet, aah! What should I do \: I'm so gonna fail. (leaving it for section b)

I haven't started Enduring Love either! :P You'll be fine...I'm leaving it for Section B too, so it'll be more general etc...
Reply 226
I think i have done all the pass paper tennyson Ab questions.I want to pratice one on tennysons lotus eaters.....can any oen make up a question for me plese (i would make one myself, but i know if i do that i will end up doing it on soemthing im confident with)
: )
Reply 227
Is anyone doing Rossetti?

If so any help with this question, 'How do you respond to the view that the males in Rossetti's poems are always villians?'
it's an A(b) question

Thanks
Reply 228
Is anyone doing Rossetti?

If so any help with this question, 'How do you respond to the view that the males in Rossetti's poems are always villians?'
it's an A(b) question

Thanks

Stuff about how her poems usually empower women (like Maude Clare and Jessie Cameron) and how the men are usually the cause of the problem (Goblin Market and Cousin Kate). Then counter argue with the fact that the men are presented as weak in some poems (Maude Clare) therefore not villains, just human or that in the case of promiscuity or venereal disease, the blame is shared (Convent Threshold). Suppose you could also argue that the men being weak does make them the villain as the women are stronger and if you take in to account Rossetti's religious views, the men are too weak to do good and they tempt the women like Eve did to Adam. Could say she's attacking the double standards of a patriarchal society.
Reply 229
Original post by racaha

Thank you very much!
I wasn't really confident in what actually happens in the Convent Threshold to talk about that one, so I haven't mentioned that one..
The others I have mentioned that you said, and I'll talk about feminism and Victorian society for context :smile:
Reply 230
Thank you very much!
I wasn't really confident in what actually happens in the Convent Threshold to talk about that one, so I haven't mentioned that one..
The others I have mentioned that you said, and I'll talk about feminism and Victorian society for context :smile:

No problem :smile: Convent Threshold is basically about her losing her virginity and feeling wrong because of it it has something like lily feet soiled with mud, scarlet mud' or words to that effect and about how to get to heaven and her and her lover must repent. :smile:
Reply 231
Original post by racaha

Original post by racaha
No problem :smile: Convent Threshold is basically about her losing her virginity and feeling wrong because of it it has something like lily feet soiled with mud, scarlet mud' or words to that effect and about how to get to heaven and her and her lover must repent. :smile:

RIGHT! aha thank you! My teacher was like well 'nobody is really sure what it is about...' bla bla bla, not very helpful :P thank you !
Well English LitB exam is in about 16/17 days. I am papping myself.

Texts I am studying:
Pride and Prejudice
Cristina Rossetti
Kite Runner
Auden

I am mainly screwed for P and P and Rossetti, can anyone help me? I.e. resources, in the form of notes

And is it just me that doesnt understand the difference between form and structure? and the actual exam itself?

HELLPP MEEE PLEASE
Reply 233
hows evryones revision going?
Reply 234
Guys, have you been told how best to structure Section B?

Do all the texts separately, so for example, all of Enduring Love then Gatsby and then Tennyson or to find one point such as Characterisation and talk about that in each of the texts and then repeat with a different point? (that may have made no sense....aha)

But yes, how have you been told to Structure part B?
Reply 235
Original post by JamesAlexander
Well English LitB exam is in about 16/17 days. I am papping myself.

Texts I am studying:
Pride and Prejudice
Cristina Rossetti
Kite Runner
Auden

I am mainly screwed for P and P and Rossetti, can anyone help me? I.e. resources, in the form of notes

And is it just me that doesnt understand the difference between form and structure? and the actual exam itself?

HELLPP MEEE PLEASE

Hey ! first, breathe, we can do this! :P

I can help with Rossetti, I'm typing up my notes this weekend :smile: and I'm not doing P&P but I LOVE IT! so any questions and I'll see if I can help :smile:
Form : is what it is, a poem or a novel and the significance of this
Structure: how it is set out, so stanzas in a poem...where events happen in the book

that is how I understand it anyway?

Actual Exam, learn what AOs are tested when
Section A (a) - Only A02 = Form Structure and Language
Section A (b) - AO1, AO3, AO4 = style, interpretations and context

Section B - AO1, A02, A03 = style, language form and structure and interpretations.

We could do some past questions on Rossetti if you like? I'm planning on doing that or Tennyson (my other poet) for Section A :smile:
Hey ! first, breathe, we can do this! :P

I can help with Rossetti, I'm typing up my notes this weekend :smile: and I'm not doing P&P but I LOVE IT! so any questions and I'll see if I can help :smile:
Form : is what it is, a poem or a novel and the significance of this
Structure: how it is set out, so stanzas in a poem...where events happen in the book

that is how I understand it anyway?

Actual Exam, learn what AOs are tested when
Section A (a) - Only A02 = Form Structure and Language
Section A (b) - AO1, AO3, AO4 = style, interpretations and context

Section B - AO1, A02, A03 = style, language form and structure and interpretations.

We could do some past questions on Rossetti if you like? I'm planning on doing that or Tennyson (my other poet) for Section A :smile:

Haha hopefully! That would be amazing if you could help me! :smile: I was going to do some |Rossetti questions last night but Auden made me rage so I couldnt sit down enough to think about Golbin Market - i hope that one doesnt come up

Anything would be a great help thankyou :smile:
Reply 237

Haha hopefully! That would be amazing if you could help me! :smile: I was going to do some |Rossetti questions last night but Auden made me rage so I couldnt sit down enough to think about Golbin Market - i hope that one doesnt come up

Anything would be a great help thankyou :smile:

aha at least you don't have to do Enduring Love, it is awful! :P
I'll send you Rossetti notes if I manage to get them done this weekend!
Reply 238
what poems came up for browning and tennyson in jan 2011?
Reply 239
how do we structure a Section A, part B question??
'How far do you agree with the view that stagnation and inactivity dominate the worlds of Tennyson’s poems ?' is my question...

I am looking for like a simple way to get my head around how to structure it, point, narrative technique & weave interpretations and context in? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending