The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

What halls of residence for liverpool university freshers have the best social life?

I'm applying to liverpool uni for 2012 entry and i was wondering if anyone could let me know the best halls for freshers in regards to social life...

i'd prefer my halls to be self-catered but i wouldnt rule out catered if i really liked the accomodation...

thanks guys!!
Reply 1
to be honest they're all the same, they're all full of the same sort of people that want to go out and have a good time

unless you get put with a load of post-grads or chinese then you shouldn't worry
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Abi1994
I'm applying to liverpool uni for 2012 entry and i was wondering if anyone could let me know the best halls for freshers in regards to social life...

i'd prefer my halls to be self-catered but i wouldnt rule out catered if i really liked the accomodation...

thanks guys!!

Original post by Moskva
to be honest they're all the same, they're all full of the same sort of people that want to go out and have a good time

unless you get put with a load of post-grads or chinese then you shouldn't worry

Rankin, Carnatic. Is supposed to be pretty LIVE. Well that's what I've heard from people who've gone to Liverpool!
Reply 3
I've lived in Atlantic Point for two years now. Self Catered but made loads of friends and we always have a good laugh and mix with other flats.
Reply 4
The Carnatic site is always said to be the most sociable out of the two main freshers halls (Carnatic and Greenbank) but if you're looking for self-catered its unlikely you'll get it at Carnatic, as only some rooms in one of the halls, Dale, is self-catered. The others are all catered, and to be honest I didnt find the food as bad as expected, and it did take off a lot of stress in the first year not worrying about cooking etc! I think its a nice social occasion in catered going to dinner with your friends as well, as I've heard in self-catered people don't tend to eat with each other too much. I would definitely recommend Carnatic!
Reply 5
I'm currently in my first year living in Carnatic Halls - all catered pretty much and definitely the least attractive looking halls but if you're looking for social life and atmoshphere, Carnatic is your place. In terms of it being catered i was in the same position as you hoping for self-catered, and was actually offered a last minute self-catered place which i rejected as it felt too last minute, and i'm so glad i did, the breakfasts are beautiful and the tea isn't bad, it means we actually eat occasional fruit and veg! Greenbank is the second best option - more chances of getting self-catered there and the social life is good too with much nicer rooms, but it still doesn't have much on Carnatic, especially with the size of their bus ques! Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending