The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Poll

What was your average UKCAT score?

I noticed there is only a 2011 thread so thought I would start one for 2012! :smile:

Good luck everyone.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ChangedMyMind
I noticed there is only a 2011 thread so thought I would start one for 2012! :smile:

Good luck everyone.

Keen bean :smile:

TooSexyForMyStethoscope, Becca-Sarah and (when I remember!) I will probably be popping in now and again to help with queries.
Reply 2
Original post by TheRabbit
Keen bean :smile:

TooSexyForMyStethoscope, Becca-Sarah and (when I remember!) I will probably be popping in now and again to help with queries.

I am rather excited!

Thank you for all of your advice :smile:
:wavey: As Rabbit says, if you have any queries give us a shout.
Reply 4
I'm definitely applying to Aberdeen!

Love that the medical school website is so comprehensive :biggrin:

Yo peeps.
I was just about to make one of these before I noticed that you'd already done it :p:

Anyone going to the open day?
Reply 7
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I was just about to make one of these before I noticed that you'd already done it :p:

Anyone going to the open day?

I am :smile: the one at the end of August?
I am :smile: the one at the end of August?

Yes, that one :smile:
Reply 9
i'm applying to aberdeen too! :smile: international applicant here though, hehe. is anyone in the same boat as i am? :smile:
Are there any existing students who applied as graduates stalking this thread? I am wondering what, if any, additional supporting documentation you sent the university directly?
Are there any existing students who applied as graduates stalking this thread? I am wondering what, if any, additional supporting documentation you sent the university directly?

I don't know if there are any graduate medics from Aberdeen on TSR :s-smilie:
For those of you going to the open day, anybody fancy meeting up?
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I don't know if there are any graduate medics from Aberdeen on TSR :s-smilie:

Damn :frown:
Second application on it's way to 'deen fo sho :wink:
Anyone know If Aberdeen look at attained a2 grades (A*AA) or gcse?
Original post by laurenl93
Anyone know If Aberdeen look at attained a2 grades (A*AA) or gcse?

As you will see here:

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/admissions/requirements/uk-requirements/:

Aberdeen don't put much emphasis at all on GCSEs. Attained A-levels are worth far more than predicted A-levels so if you achieved A*AA I would definitely look into applying.

Yeah I was a grad applicant once, too :smile:
They only asked for the transcript from my previous degree.
Original post by Bison grass
Yeah I was a grad applicant once, too :smile:
They only asked for the transcript from my previous degree.

Thanks! I was going to send them that. Edinburgh ask for an additional reference so I thought I would just send that to Dundee as well.

Did you list all your first degree modules on UCAS when you applied? I have like 50 modules and I don't think UCAS will even let me add that many!

Did you list all your first degree modules on UCAS when you applied? I have like 50 modules and I don't think UCAS will even let me add that many!

Nope, just the degree as a whole - I didn't even say what I got for my dissertation, and that's (arguably) the most important part of doing a degree... So I'd say no - listing all your modules on UCAS isn't going to be hugely helpful for the admissions folk :wink:

If they're really interested they'll b able to read it off your transcript.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending