The Student Room Group

Tesco Trainee Management Programme 2011/12

Hiyaaa

I applied for the Tesco Trainee Management Programme about 2weeks ago and just got an email saying it is shortly going to be submitted for the first stage of screening. Does that just mean theyre looking over my application or ...? Does anyone who has applied before know how long this usually takes? :smile:

Also has anyone else applied for this this year? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm considering the same scheme. I assume the online numeracy/verbal reasoning tests would be next?
Reply 2
Yeah thats what im thinking :/

just feels like ages the wait lol i applied two weeks ago and theyre just telling me that its about to be screened haha. ohhhhh the wait :frown:

i wud recommend applying for it ,, sounds amazing :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi,
Ive been looking to apply to apply to a tesco grad scheme, well the buying one, but it is saying the link cant be found when i click apply now?
Anyone else having this problem or got the correct link maybe?
Thanks!
Reply 4
Heyy

Yeah I just tried and its saying its not available :/ theres still def time to apply!! Theres a contacts details link at the bottom and accessibility soo maybe click there?

:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by pixiee
Hiyaaa

I applied for the Tesco Trainee Management Programme about 2weeks ago and just got an email saying it is shortly going to be submitted for the first stage of screening. Does that just mean theyre looking over my application or ...? Does anyone who has applied before know how long this usually takes? :smile:

Also has anyone else applied for this this year? :smile:

Hi Pixiee

It took Tesco's 10 days to submit my application for the first stage of screening, which isn't to bad as it's a really popular A Level scheme for students leaving college or 6th form. If you're application passes screening you're invited to participate in a verbal and numerical assessment. Depending weather you've passed or failed these assemsents you will then be invited for a telephone interview.

And in answer to your last bit, yes i have applied and i have a telephone interview.

Hope this helps.
Reply 6
Original post by Student1768
Hi Pixiee

It took Tesco's 10 days to submit my application for the first stage of screening, which isn't to bad as it's a really popular A Level scheme for students leaving college or 6th form. If you're application passes screening you're invited to participate in a verbal and numerical assessment. Depending weather you've passed or failed these assemsents you will then be invited for a telephone interview.

And in answer to your last bit, yes i have applied and i have a telephone interview.

Hope this helps.

Hiyaa!

Thanks yeah that answered my question thats exactly what happened. I have my interview in 12 hours its safe to say im sh*tting myself :frown:

when is your phone interview?
Reply 7
Congratulations. Mine is next week, how did yours go and what types of questions did they ask?
Reply 8
Just off the phone there and Im not happy with it, was so nervous i missed so many pounts i was going to make and things i was going to say :frown:

The questions were your normal questions, why retail, why tesco etc.

He said I would hear back within 7 days. Oh my goshhh im going to be checking my emaiks constant feel so sick. really hope i pass this :/ the interview itself is actually fine, easy questions. I just got myself really really nervous lol good luck with ur interview u will be fine!
Reply 9
Im sure you did fine, nerves are expected. Thank you for the heads up. Let me know how you got on!
Reply 10
Haha yeah i hope they take nerves into consideration. im going to be checking my emails constant aga! will do!
Reply 11
I passed the telephone interview!! They only took two days to let me know so I wasnt waiting as long as before which was good cos i was losing sleep lol

so happy!!
Reply 12
Hi Pixie, well done i have also passed telephone interview - excited !!
I'm applying for this..

:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Keeno
Hi Pixie, well done i have also passed telephone int
erview - excited !!

Hiyaa! Thank you, well done! yeah it is exciting lol
wasnt expecting to get this far in the selection process really!
!
Reply 15
Original post by pixiee
Hiyaa! Thank you, well done! yeah it is exciting lol
wasnt expecting to get this far in the selection process really!
!

Do ya work for Tesco at the minute? :P
Reply 16
Original post by Keeno
Do ya work for Tesco at the minute? :P

No i dont work for Tesco, do you?
Reply 17
Original post by pixiee
No i dont work for Tesco, do you?

Yeah I do, not sure whether it puts me at an advantage or not though aha but if y ou need to know anything about Tesco i can try to help :-)
Reply 18
Original post by Keeno
Yeah I do, not sure whether it puts me at an advantage or not though aha but if y ou need to know anything about Tesco i can try to help :-)

Oh that wud be good :smile: prob be better private messaging u with the dadt questions id have dnt want to embarass myself on here lol.

what do u think the work sample will be like? u shud be all good aicce u work there lol
Reply 19
Original post by pixiee
Oh that wud be good :smile: prob be better private messaging u with the dadt questions id have dnt want to embarass myself on here lol.

what do u think the work sample will be like? u shud be all good aicce u work there lol

lol yeh pm me if u need to know anything.

Internal applicants don't need to do a work sample; i guess because they can just ask managers how we do etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending