The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

7c and 7d I equated the wrong so i got a time of 2. I followed through with this answer onto question d . Will I get any marks do you think? And on 8c I ended up getting an acceleration of 2, i put it in suvat and did the same as you. Is there any hopes for marks on that? Everything else I got right aswell :mad:
Reply 41
Original post by When you see it...
For 8 (c), did you take into account the parallel component of the object's weight?
Also, just out of interest, how did you get hold of this paper?

he has taken into account the component of the weight. That would be 4gsin30 =2g. He added it to the friction on his diagram.
Reply 42
For question 8b and c i got my method right so how many marks would i get?
My values were wrong for F and 'mew'
(edited 12 years ago)
FML managed to lose 2 marks on 1 part a... But I did get 65/75 overall, this enough for an A?
Original post by nereik6794
FML managed to lose 2 marks on 1 part a... But I did get 65/75 overall, this enough for an A?

thats a comfortable A i'd say..82/83/84 UMS ish
Reply 45
for q4, how many marks would I get for part b if I didn't include gravity?

got 7 part c and d wrong, made the i componants equal rather than j..

for q8 im sure i got 0.5 something for coffefficent of friction and a distance of more than 100m..
Reply 46
Original post by Arsey
Very easy I thought

Would I lose marks for showing two methods for a question even though they both get me the same answer.
For question 1b, I used the idea that Impulse on Q = -(Impulse on P) to give me the mass (as Newtons 3 law states every force produces an equal and opposite reaction). But then I realised that it may not be the one they give in the mark scheme, so underneath I wrote "Method 2" and solved it using the conservation of momentum principle.
Would I still get 3 out of 3 marks for that question?
Reply 47
Has any one done a mark scheme for this and probz could post it here...thnxx:smile:
Arsey, for part 8b, if you rounded Mu to 0.73 instead of having 0.726 how many marks do you think you would lose?
Reply 49
Original post by 94george94
Arsey, for part 8b, if you rounded Mu to 0.73 instead of having 0.726 how many marks do you think you would lose?

No marks lost as its 2 sig figures.
Reply 50
Original post by geditor
Would I lose marks for showing two methods for a question even though they both get me the same answer.
For question 1b, I used the idea that Impulse on Q = -(Impulse on P) to give me the mass (as Newtons 3 law states every force produces an equal and opposite reaction). But then I realised that it may not be the one they give in the mark scheme, so underneath I wrote "Method 2" and solved it using the conservation of momentum principle.
Would I still get 3 out of 3 marks for that question?

No marks lost as long as you got mass =1500.
Reply 51
:angry: completely left out 'g' for the moments question. how many marks would i lose?
Expecting grade boundaries similar to June '06/'07, 75 100UMS; 71 90UMS; 67 80UMS.
Final question, for the time above 6.6m I misread my handwriting and did (27/7)-(3/7) rather than (22/7)-(23/7), my working is exactly the same as Arsey's up until that point, how many marks out of 6 would I lose?
Original post by Arsey
X

What's with the question marks next to Q4's mark quantities, out of interest?
Reply 55
thank you for this!

i completely messed up the last part of the last question, stupidly assumed it was stationary and didn't read the question properly! dohhh
Reply 56
Original post by 94george94
Final question, for the time above 6.6m I misread my handwriting and did (27/7)-(3/7) rather than (22/7)-(23/7), my working is exactly the same as Arsey's up until that point, how many marks out of 6 would I lose?

i am guessing 4 marks for getting a the two time parts. (27/7) and (3/7)
Reply 57
Would it have been OK to work out tension first then use T to find R in the car/caravan Q?
Reply 58
Hahahaha I messed up 1b by taking 3m from both sides, what a retard.

And for the very last question, I originally had an acceleration of -11.whatever and then I redid it and got -1.26

Oh well, should be 67/75 anyway, a big improvement over about 37/75 last time.
Reply 59
In question 3c....the angle one...p=-12 q=3...then in the diagram why they have used those numbers the opposite way round....and if I used -12 and 3....how many marks would I loose...??

Latest

Trending

Trending