The Student Room Group

2012 Uni Applicants for Photography

Scroll to see replies

Original post by procrastination...
Offer from falmouth :d

what do you need? and is it just for the normal Photography course?
Not really I'm afraid, they've really taken their time with getting things sorted though I know that much! Perhaps you should try calling/emailing them to see what's going on?

yeh thats true, the wait is so long. i dunno, i might email them but then I again I dont wanna seem like i am nagging them.
Original post by MarcusHoare1
what do you need? and is it just for the normal Photography course?

220 UCAS points for me, works out at about 3 C's or something which is fine for me. Yeah BA Photography. SO excited!
Original post by madrassnuff
yeh thats true, the wait is so long. i dunno, i might email them but then I again I dont wanna seem like i am nagging them.

I'd email them if I were you, you're just making sure everything's going right that's all. :smile:
Got an Interview for Brighton in March! I cannot believe it, especially after going to the Open Day as they seemed really against accepting those who hadn't done a foundation! Ahhh!!!

Still havent heard back and tbh Im not bothered because I have unconditional at my 1st choice. Gonna chase them up and withdraw my application
Reply 285
Original post by skafun
Hey guys!
I am Evie from LT.
I've applied for:
1.University College Falmouth - Fashion Photography(I also received a letter from them and they want to see my portfolio including 12 images.)
2.University of Gloucestershire - Photography-Editorial and Advertising
3.University of Wales,Newport - Photography for Fashion and Advertisement
4.Nottingham Trent University - Photography
5.Middlesex University - Photography

Hi Evie, I've applied for the ed/ad course at Gloucestershire too and have an interview in April - have you been invited for one?
Reply 286
Original post by Clare1994
Hey everyone I applied for;
Bournemouth c.o.a.-Rejection ¬_¬ I believe they turned me down just because I didn't take art or anything related at A-Level
NUCA- Interview
Coventry- Interview
UCA, Farnham- Interview
UCA, Rochester- Conditional offer :biggrin:

Pretty annoyed with Bournemouth with not even giving me a chance... Makes them seem so snobby! However it's there lose.
I heard NUCA only takes the top 25%... So Really hope my interview goes well with them as they're one of my top choices.
Also nervous for Coventry cause it's a group interview =/ really don't know how I'll manage to talk about my work infront of others EEEK!

Hiya, I applied to Bournemouth too, for both the commercial course and the general photography course. I was rejected for the Commercial which, as you said, is probably because I have nothing art related at A level and I'm rather annoyed too that they don't even wait to see your work :frown: I guess it was oversubscribed too. I have got through to the interview stage for the general photography though but still was set on the commercial :frown:

And I've got an interview for UCA Farnham too :smile: April 4th

Good luck!
Reply 287
Has anyone had an interview at Bournemouth, if so how did it go?

P.S for all those who have been rejected because of no Art foundation diploma, go to college and do the diploma first, its only a year and I think its great!
Original post by Senika
Me neither :frown: I guess we'll hear around March.

My friend who applied for fashion there has got an interview now but still no photograpy :9 ive either got places or interviews from everywhere bar edinburgh now! they need to hurry up
Reply 289
Original post by frankpants
My friend who applied for fashion there has got an interview now but still no photograpy :9 ive either got places or interviews from everywhere bar edinburgh now! they need to hurry up

I got an interview at ECA (I'm sending my portfolio, because I'm not able to attend). Still waiting to hear from GSA though...
Reply 290
Original post by Mia--Rose
Hi Evie, I've applied for the ed/ad course at Gloucestershire too and have an interview in April - have you been invited for one?

Hi!Well the whole process for me is a little bit different because i live abroad.They asked me to send about 30 pieces of my work of art,photography and design and the deadline for me is the end of April.They didn't ask me to attend to the interview because like i said before i live abroad so it would be quite difficult for me to do it:smile:
and by the way good luck on your interview!:smile:
Reply 291
Anyone had an interview at Bournemouth arts college (AUCB)? Ive got one in a few weeks and Im not sure how it will go. Any tips from experience would be great!
Original post by Senika
I got an interview at ECA (I'm sending my portfolio, because I'm not able to attend). Still waiting to hear from GSA though...

Ohh ok, when did they email you for interview?
Reply 293
Original post by frankpants
Ohh ok, when did they email you for interview?

23 February.

I sent my portfolio on a CD to ECA today... I hope they can deliver it from Denmark to Scotland for Thursday, otherwise I'm fu**** :frown:
Reply 294
Hey,
I just got an unconditional offer from Bournemouth uni to study their photography course and i just wandered if anybody that is on the course or knows anything about it could share their views?
I'm having a hard time deciding weather to accept the offer. Any help will be appreciated!
firmed up Falmouth today - roll on the 24th of September!
Reply 296
FINALLY got an interview invite from Nottingham, yey!
Original post by madrassnuff
does anybody know what eca actually mean when they say bring a "full portfolio"? i mean, are you allowed/ supposed to include the original mini-portfolio, and then add some new pieces, or should it be a completely different portfolio?

Take what you feel is strongest. I would at least put some pieces in from your mini portfolio :smile:

Also don't take tons and tons, you will just get sore arms!
Original post by Senika
Interview at ECA! :smile:

I can't decide between ECA and Napier... I mean, ECA seems great but I'm looking for is a course where I get very strong technical knowledge and lots of professional training, not only "art stuff" :smile:

Actually the ECA is pretty technical. We only split from the school of design a few years ago and you can really feel it. We have workshops on equipment every project, and this term we have a working with industry unit and a collaboration which is graded.

There is loads of scope to do what you want.

(from a bias 2nd year eca student!)
Reply 299
Original post by Joan-of-Arc
Actually the ECA is pretty technical. We only split from the school of design a few years ago and you can really feel it. We have workshops on equipment every project, and this term we have a working with industry unit and a collaboration which is graded.

There is loads of scope to do what you want.

(from a bias 2nd year eca student!)

Sounds awesome, thanks! Do you have a lot of practical classes or is it just essay writing? I read somewhere on TSR that "some tutors treat talented students like competition are try to bring them down" :confused: Is that true?

Quick Reply

Latest