The Student Room Group

apply ONLY with cover letter

Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is any website than I can see a list with all the firms that want a CV and a Cover Letter without making a full application.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by zziippoo
Hi guys,

Is there any website that I can apply only with CV and a Cover Letter?

Apply to what exactly? A job clearly, but what kind of job? :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by M1011
Apply to what exactly? A job clearly, but what kind of job? :tongue:

Sorry for that.. I would like to know if there is any website than I can see a list with all the firms that want a CV and a Cover Letter without making a full application. :smile:
Reply 3
Sorry for that.. I would like to know if there is any website than I can see a list with all the firms that want a CV and a Cover Letter without making a full application. :smile:

Not that I'm aware of, sorry :frown:
I will be honest with you there probably is lots like Reed but trust me those kind of jobs have lots and lots of applicants.

The ones which you have to fill in detailed forms filters away those that can not be bothered to fill in the forms.
Reply 5
Lots of smaller firms want just covering letters and CVs.
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is any website than I can see a list with all the firms that want a CV and a Cover Letter without making a full application.

A CV and a covering letter are a 'full application', what are you talking about?
Reply 7
Original post by threeportdrift
A CV and a covering letter are a 'full application', what are you talking about?

The OP clearly means one were you don't have to fill in a specific application form for a job. Nit picking tbph.
Jobs that only require a CV and covering letter or just a CV usually get a lot more applicants than those with tailored application forms, simply because they are much easier to apply for. Might as well make the extra effort.
Reply 9

Is this a joke? :confused:
Original post by M1011
Is this a joke? :confused:

Very many employers only ask for a CV and a covering letter as an application. Very many employers choose to use an online form. Which method employers use is a matter of personal preference, type of job, level of recruitment, outlay on HR and can also change over time.

It would not even be possible to produce a website that listed all employers and the methods they use to recruit. It was a daft question which made no sense, so I explained that a CV and a covering letter was a full application, and asked you for more information - what do you mean?
Reply 11
Very many employers only ask for a CV and a covering letter as an application. Very many employers choose to use an online form. Which method employers use is a matter of personal preference, type of job, level of recruitment, outlay on HR and can also change over time.

It would not even be possible to produce a website that listed all employers and the methods they use to recruit. It was a daft question which made no sense, so I explained that a CV and a covering letter was a full application, and asked you for more information - what do you mean?

Your exact words - 'What are you talking about?'

Next post - 'Very many employers choose to use an online form.'

So you know exactly what he was talking about. Hence, my comment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending