The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

BA Primary Education Didsbury Campus

hey people,

ive been offered a place on the course starting in september but im really contemplating taking a different off because the night life and accomodation looks poor in didsbury. Can someone pass some information on about what its actually like or is it worth staying in Cambridge halls or something and gettin a bus everyday?
Cheers
Reply 1
I'm starting in September too and don't let the night life but you off, it isn't far from Manchester after all!
I don't know what to do about accommodation because apparently if you live within a 25 mile radius of the campus, you won't be allocated a place in halls. So I'm looking into a flat or house share or perhaps private halls, but the course looks really good there and it's high in the league table for that subject so I'd take the place! Where else do you have offers?
Hope that helps :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by azza3k
hey people,

ive been offered a place on the course starting in september but im really contemplating taking a different off because the night life and accomodation looks poor in didsbury. Can someone pass some information on about what its actually like or is it worth staying in Cambridge halls or something and gettin a bus everyday?
Cheers

Heyy ive firmed primary education at didsbury campus because the course looks really good. The nightlife is good in manchester and i think the accomodation in didsbury is poor too! Ive looked at opal accomodation in manchester, have you looked there?
Original post by ChloeTroy
I'm starting in September too and don't let the night life but you off, it isn't far from Manchester after all!
I don't know what to do about accommodation because apparently if you live within a 25 mile radius of the campus, you won't be allocated a place in halls. So I'm looking into a flat or house share or perhaps private halls, but the course looks really good there and it's high in the league table for that subject so I'd take the place! Where else do you have offers?
Hope that helps :smile:

Heyy :smile:
Ive firmed primary education in didsbury and start in september too. Im also struggling as what to do with accomodation as i live within the 25 mile radius, so ive been looking at opal student flats in manchester meaning ill have to get the bus or drive to didsbury campus which'll be a pain! Where abouts are u from? And what do you think you'll do about accomodation?
Reply 4
I'd suggest if you want to not be in didsbury then to live in the cheapest halls - Cavendish. While, yes, you share a bathroom and toilet with 5 people, it is definitely worth the £20 a week saving. The people (this year) have been great and it's a very very sociable hall with 16-20 people sharing a kithen. Don't worry - it's only busy the first term then everyone starts cooking when they're hungry - as opposed to cooking because it's dinnertime and it's exciting. It's the closest halls to town AND the bus-stops and shops/pubs/clubs/library.

I'd definitely stay in Cavendish if I was you. It's all open plan to so if you don't like your flatmates you can easily walk into the next flat.
Reply 5
I have been told that you can go on a waiting list on the first day of term and that the wait isn't usually long, so going to that. In all honesty, I'd rather wait a week or two and be on the doorstep of campus than travel from Manchester everyday as it can be a long bus ride with all the stops! I'm from near Oldham/Ashton Under Lyne if you know where they are. What about you? x
Reply 6
Hey,
Was wondering if anybody could give me some advice for the interview, mines on the 20th June at the didsbury campus and i'm worried about the mini-talk presentation!

Thanks
Didsbury is very close to central Manchester with a train station nearby as well as several bus routes. Nightlife shouldn't be a problem at all as long as you're willing to get public transport/a taxi.
Reply 8
Original post by azza3k
hey people,

Cheers

being in didsbury campus means you'll probably be living somewhere near Fallowfield and the students tend to go out there anyway not in the city centre, its got a revs and a baabaa etc so wouldnt worry about that
Reply 9
im starting Primary Education in September at Didsbury campus aswell but I'm not going into halls cause i'm moving into a flat in manchester with my boyfriend, would be good to chat to people here on my course before I go cause i'm going to be a right loner!
Reply 10
Original post by jayjleigh
im starting Primary Education in September at Didsbury campus aswell but I'm not going into halls cause i'm moving into a flat in manchester with my boyfriend, would be good to chat to people here on my course before I go cause i'm going to be a right loner!

Hey!
I'm doing BA Primary Education at Didsbury, but I'm living in the Broomhurst Halls!
:smile:
Reply 11
Anyone here living in Broomhurst Halls??
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending