The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7760
Original post by commonliner
According to one of the rehearsal schedules and the bus route permit, the Sat 12th rehearsees will be the first performers to be allowed inside the 1:1 security perimeter (not sure about stagers/proppers). Remember that when you are identifying your home base spot - no performer will have touched it before!
:top:

Cool. We're not at 1:1 on saturday though - we will be there on 19th. Did you mean that there is no one in there before that?

Anyone know if there is still a plan to transport us there from a pick up point? I read something on the early paper work that said they were exploring that. The casting team did say last week that we'd get more info about 1:1 when we next have a rehearsal so maybe all will become clear then. :confused:
Daughter at her first rehearsal as we speak. She called from the queue to say "Mum there are a lot of oldies here"!! I asked her if she meant older than me and she said yes!!
Rather strange as she is a dancer and was under the impression hers was a dance segment for the closing ceremony. I told her that there may be more than one segment being rehearsed
tonight.

EG
Original post by Ropey1
Cool. We're not at 1:1 on saturday though - we will be there on 19th. Did you mean that there is no one in there before that?

Anyone know if there is still a plan to transport us there from a pick up point? I read something on the early paper work that said they were exploring that. The casting team did say last week that we'd get more info about 1:1 when we next have a rehearsal so maybe all will become clear then. :confused:

There's no volunteer performer at the 1:1 before the 12th, yes. But according to the schedule, the site itself opened about four weeks ago, probably to install all the loos etc.

Two bus lines have received a permit, so the shuttle is sorted. Their first day of operation will be the 12th, as listed on a relatively fresh document.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bluang3l
I finally have my first induction/training for Staging on Saturday :biggrin:
Are there others from workforce (props/operations etc) going to this session?

I'll be there xx
Original post by MsIs
My next one is the day after yours (long time away it seems)

At least you've started your rehearsals! Us 51ers got our offers back at the beginning of January, and still don't have a rehearsal for another 2 weeks, I am itching to get started!!! It doesn't help that I torture myself by reading the forum daily!
Thanks for all the good wishes. I look forward to seeing 42RAFIKI, Mike Girl, Cinnamon, Brownbear1 and anyone I may have missed who are in 86 AUD at the rehearsals
Original post by Petitsyeuxbleus
I am in the segment 98-WHIRL!!! Anyone else in this segment?

Congrats - bet you're glad that you didn't give up after all or book anything else. We've got 4 other WHIRLers - taffyuk's daughter, dancer231, the oneandonlyEmmaW and handance

Original post by BlaEm
Today I finally received an offer for 87-Group B for the Paralympic Opening. Anyone else in that segment?

For statistical purposes - my first audition was on 16 Feb and my recall (6pm, hip hop) was on the 21 Feb.

Original post by elegat
It's for 90-A Paralympics opening and closing ceremonies.

And so that the stats spreadsheet can be updated… my first audition was on 16Feb and my recall on 21 Feb.

Congrats and welcome to you both! And thanks for all the spreadsheet details. It does make it easier to keep track of!

87B - we have 5 others - cinnamon, daisy7, oncewasastudent, Karan D and Melodrama Queen.

90A - it's just you and ElleElle so far.

Original post by Ropey1
flakey - the spreadsheet must now be officially epic in size, bet you never thought when you started it that it would end up so big!

Nope - we've got 280 people on it now - 201 of which have offers. :smile:
Reply 7767
Hi All,

I received an offer today, Paralympic Opening Ceremony 87 - Group B.
So excited! Is anyone else in this group?

BlaEm and elegats I ws in the same recall as you!

Someone mentioned a few pages that there wasa hostel near by, I will prob be looking for somewhere like that to stay for at least some of the rehearsals and the performance as i will be travelling from Lancashire.

Congratulations to all others that have recieved offers!!
If anyone is on the segment 98-WHIRL let's get in contact. Would be good to know someone before the actual rehearsal!!! ;-) xx
Reply 7769
First rehearsal tonight. Pretty fun!
Reply 7770
Hello everyone.

I've been absent for a while but returned after some recent news and am in need of some thoughts/opinions if you wouldn't mind.

I received an offer today for a performance role at the Paralympic Opening Ceremony (Segment 87 Group A). However, I had accepted a role in staging a while ago after waiting for so long.

What would you guys do? I'm not sure what staging involves exactly but don't want to kick myself for turning down a once in a lifetime role performing. I'm sure both roles are just as amazing but not sure what to do. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Reply 7771
Original post by Ickle
Hello everyone.

I've been absent for a while but returned after some recent news and am in need of some thoughts/opinions if you wouldn't mind.

I received an offer today for a performance role at the Paralympic Opening Ceremony (Segment 87 Group A). However, I had accepted a role in staging a while ago after waiting for so long.

What would you guys do? I'm not sure what staging involves exactly but don't want to kick myself for turning down a once in a lifetime role performing. I'm sure both roles are just as amazing but not sure what to do. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cant you do both?
I know we have some people on here doing a props role and are in the ceremonies too.
I would ask your contact at staging if you can do both, and let them know when your rehearsals are.
Good luck
Original post by Redu
Anyone else yet? :colondollar:

Hi everyone, I am also a bit of a shameful lurker to this forum and it's been a great source of reassurance in this longest wait ever for news of any kind. Finally rec'd on offer on Sunday night for 72-GS-Understudy for the Closing which I'm really happy about. So Redu looks like I'll see you there although as an UNDER I need to hope that someone drops out before getting too excited.

For the purposes of the spreadsheet 1st audition was on 14th Feb, recall 18th Feb (hip hop - disaster!)

Bit concerned that my first rehearsal schedule says we start on the 2nd June but the one I got today isn't until the 28th June? Shame as I don't think this is a dancing one - probably waving a flag around or something but amazing experience all the same.
Original post by maclondon
I just pulled my calf muscle playing touch rugby, so I'm glad I've nearly 4 weeks til my next rehearsal as i'll be limping/nursing this for a week.

I pulled mine on Saturday whilst teaching my morning class :frown:. Had a class this evening and teaching a further class on Thursday. I'm (kind of) dreading Saturday because it's my 3rd rehearsal (followed by a dance audition) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my calf will be able to cope :eek:
Original post by maclondon
I just pulled my calf muscle playing touch rugby, so I'm glad I've nearly 4 weeks til my next rehearsal as i'll be limping/nursing this for a week.

Bad luck maclondon- especially after your long wait to hear! I am afraid you have been hit by the TSR curse. You would not have fancied doing press ups again tonight then:biggrin: Actually at rehearsals tonight there was a guy on crutches who had been run over by an old biddy in a car park but he was loyally there practising the hand movements! Get some good physio and hopefully you will be fine by June 1st.
Original post by Dancerwoman
I pulled mine on Saturday whilst teaching my morning class :frown:. Had a class this evening and teaching a further class on Thursday. I'm (kind of) dreading Saturday because it's my 3rd rehearsal (followed by a dance audition) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my calf will be able to cope :eek:

As I just said to maclondon it is the TSR curse- so many of us have suffered with leg/foot problems it is unbelievable. Hope it will be better soon. All the best :doctor:
Original post by sukied00
OMG!!!!!! away for weekend and just checked email........44B understudy role!!!!!

congratulations sukied00 great news after the long wait:smile:
Original post by Pinnerite
As I just said to maclondon it is the TSR curse- so many of us have suffered with leg/foot problems it is unbelievable. Hope it will be better soon. All the best :doctor:

Thanks Pinnerite :wink: Fortunately I'm not teaching tomorrow evening so will have a night off. One of my Instructor colleagues has been banging on at me to book a massage with her sister (she's a massage therapist) but I'm thinking £££££££. About to jump into a hot soapy bath now - hope that helps :frown:
Original post by Mandy_Panda
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!

Hi Mandy hope you had a lovely weekend and you didn't drink too much:biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin: (don't forget to bring my drink on sat!:dance:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by commonliner
There's no volunteer performer at the 1:1 before the 12th, yes. But according to the schedule, the site itself opened about four weeks ago, probably to install all the loos etc.

Two bus lines have received a permit, so the shuttle is sorted. Their first day of operation will be the 12th, as listed on a relatively fresh document.

We have tonight received all the details about our trip to 1:1. we are all encouraged to go by public transport - there will be shuttle buses from Dagenham East. Cars will only be permitted to park if there are at least 3 in a car. We all went into separate groups tonight at one stage depending on where we lived so there was an opportunity to discuss car sharing and there was a board up that people could sign up on. Note that we are expected to be at the 1:1 by our rehearsal time so have to get to Dagenham East about 15 minutes before our scheduled times.

Latest