The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS1 - 14th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HeyyImRyan
That was income - expenditure I think?

I worked out income budgets: 1st quarter + 2nd quarter + 3rd quarter + 4th quarter.

then expenditure budgets: 1st quarter + 2nd quarter + 3rd quarter + 4th quarter

Then i did total income budgeted - total expenditure budgeted...and think it came out at 18000-ish somewhere? :s-smilie: May have been 14,000. That's definitely how I worked it out though.

The first calculation you did total revenue from party bags (from profit budget) and then subtracted the variable costs for party bags (from expenditure budget) to get the total added value right?

If so, I got around 1200ish too (can't remember the exact figures but I think my calculator is capable of subtracting properly :biggrin:)

That's what I did for the profit/loss question, but I completely messed up the value added one aha
Original post by college122
I added up all the expenditures and all the income and minused expenditure from income :frown: darn

Me too, and got about 18,000. So I think it's right :smile:

(I might've got 14,000 but can't remember, definitely worked it out this way though)
Reply 162
I didnt do the added value one i actually had no clue
For the graph question, I did

250 (number of parties, i think) X 50 = 12500

45000 (number @ the end of the line of the graph) - 12500 = £32500

Then I did 250 (party bags) X 70 (new price of party bag) = £17500.

Then 32500 + 17500 = £49500 which is where the line on your new graph should end up on.

I'm not sure if it's right though, I think I should've minused 5000 from the 45000 to make it 40000 or something :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 164
Anyone else not able to do the break even chart?
For the last question, what was everyones justification?

I basically said why she could have prevented everything that went wrong by making better decisions initially.

Like... car breaking down. If she'd got the bank loan and bought a brand new car like she first planned to do, chances are it wouldn't have broken down. Then with the supplier striking, if she had've been more diligent with choosing a supplier, she could've picked one that was more reliable and therefore wouldn't have gone on strike. Basically the same again for poor quality which led to reduced profits through refunding customers.

My conclusion was pretty much "Although the events that have affected the business not meeting objectives were unfortunate and hard to predict, if Zoe had been more efficient and diligent when making major business decisions, then she could have prevented most of them and would be reaching the aims she set out for her business"
Original post by lidiya
Does anyone got 1125 or something aboud that for the budgeted profit/loss question?

I got that :smile:
Reply 167
Original post by HP348
Anyone else not able to do the break even chart?

Me, felt like I was totally clueless on it. I'm so stupid I didn't even bother putting in any calculations just in case they'd be worth something. But I did draw some lines :s-smilie:
For the last question, what was everyones justification?

I basically said why she could have prevented everything that went wrong by making better decisions initially.

Like... car breaking down. If she'd got the bank loan and bought a brand new car like she first planned to do, chances are it wouldn't have broken down. Then with the supplier striking, if she had've been more diligent with choosing a supplier, she could've picked one that was more reliable and therefore wouldn't have gone on strike. Basically the same again for poor quality which led to reduced profits through refunding customers.

My conclusion was pretty much "Although the events that have affected the business not meeting objectives were unfortunate and hard to predict, if Zoe had been more efficient and diligent when making major business decisions, then she could have prevented most of them and would be reaching the aims she set out for her business"

That's what I did but I wrote that she should've bought in a bulk instead of not buying in a bulk, that would've saved her more money + she wouldn't of have had to change to a different supplier, + because bulk prices are going to be cheaper, she could have had more money to get a better car which would've resulted in less of a chance of her car breaking down.
yeah missed out the 6 mark break even chart completely.. and the expenditure budget 6 mark one.. NEEDED MORE TIME!
Reply 170
Original post by Coldeversince
I've already finished revision for BUSS2, hope it's easier than BUSS1 so i can get my grade up to like a C or a B depending on my BUSS1 then retake BUSS1 next year in jan >.<

Buss2 is the hardest out of all papers in my opinion!
Reply 171
Original post by Baz123
Me, felt like I was totally clueless on it. I'm so stupid I didn't even bother putting in any calculations just in case they'd be worth something. But I did draw some lines :s-smilie:

Same with me, was fine on the rest of the paper but like you was clueless on the graph.
Original post by TB.93
Buss2 is the hardest out of all papers in my opinion!

Yeah but because this one was so hard, maybe they'll make Buss2 a bit more easier than usual :tongue:
That was income - expenditure I think?

I worked out income budgets: 1st quarter + 2nd quarter + 3rd quarter + 4th quarter.

then expenditure budgets: 1st quarter + 2nd quarter + 3rd quarter + 4th quarter

Then i did total income budgeted - total expenditure budgeted...and think it came out at 18000-ish somewhere? :s-smilie: May have been 14,000. That's definitely how I worked it out though.

The first calculation you did total revenue from party bags (from profit budget) and then subtracted the variable costs for party bags (from expenditure budget) to get the total added value right?

If so, I got around 1200ish too (can't remember the exact figures but I think my calculator is capable of subtracting properly :biggrin:)

This is how i worked it out, each quarter individually.
Yeah the party bags one was about £1200 i think :smile:
Reply 174
This exam was ok apart from the break-even chart. Lost 6 marks on it definitely! How did you all find it?
Original post by ed11e
Same with me, was fine on the rest of the paper but like you was clueless on the graph.

Don't have a clue if I got part iii) of it right, where you had to label bc for the new profit.

Think I got i) and ii) right, you had to draw the new line taking into account variable costs were £20 extra per party. then write 'a' at the point where the new total costs crossed over the total revenue line.

iii) I didn't have a clue :frown: I drew an extra line for profit and labeled it bc... think it could have been wrong to be honest.
Reply 176
I found it soo hard!! espesially the last question! It was so vague! zoe did pretty much all right it's just the economy and her bloody supplier that put the business down and she couldn't do anything than go to new supplier whos quality isn't great.. what did you write?
Reply 177
I think I messed up on the 15 markers, don't think I evaluated properly and I think I babbled on a bit. :frown:
Original post by tomgarratt93
This is how i worked it out, each quarter individually.
Yeah the party bags one was about £1200 i think :smile:

Good good! :biggrin:

Original post by TB.93
This exam was ok apart from the break-even chart. Lost 6 marks on it definitely! How did you all find it?

I think I did i) and ii) of it okay, but iii) where you had to label a new profit bc I think I messed up. I drew an extra new line for profit and labeled it...I think what you're meant to do is just put 'bc' in the gap between the revenue and total cost lines :frown:
Reply 179
How did everyone find the buss1 exam today? :s-smilie:
Which questions did everyone struggle with. And is it only me that thought it was quite a hard paper :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending