The Student Room Group

Females with hairy arms

An intresting topic that i want to get opinions on,

For me, i love hairy arms on women but why are so many repulsed by hairy arms??
i can understand by legs armpits e.t.c, but why arms??

Would Women ever stop shaving their arms??
What are peoples opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:troll:

......^your gf

Why don't you tell me more about what you like about them?
Thats lovely :smile:

I have no idea but it seems most guys and girls prefer to be completely hairless (Except for their heads...)
Reply 3
I am a woman, and I prefer being clean everywhere. Albeit arms, legs whatever. I think its a lot more clean for a woman to be hairless.....and I dont know I dont feel sexy with hairy arms....
Reply 4
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Thats lovely :smile:

I have no idea but it seems most guys and girls prefer to be completely hairless (Except for their heads...)

Even around the males genitals? srsly
Reply 5
Women are made to believe that any hair that isn't eyelashes, eyebrows or head hair shouldn't be there.
Most men prefer it.
Reply 6
Original post by EmmaJane_
Women are made to believe that any hair that isn't eyelashes, eyebrows or head hair shouldn't be there.
Most men prefer it.

I always thought that guys dont like hairy girls....i always make sure i am clean on arms and legs if im going out with a guy but thats just my confidence issues. What do guys say? Do they not have a preference?
Reply 7
Original post by nash_4_lyf
I always thought that guys dont like hairy girls....i always make sure i am clean on arms and legs if im going out with a guy but thats just my confidence issues. What do guys say? Do they not have a preference?

I'm the same.
I'm not sure what guys say, I still assume they dislike hairy women.
:It's:

Ignore the drivel that comes out of my mouth. For some reason I just presumed OP meant armpits. Arms? Who cares?!??! That'd ridiculous

Edit2: Wtf happened to my post?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TheHansa
Even around the males genitals? srsly

Actually yes!! Depends on the guy though...
Original post by nash_4_lyf
I am a woman, and I prefer being clean everywhere. Albeit arms, legs whatever. I think its a lot more clean for a woman to be hairless.....and I dont know I dont feel sexy with hairy arms....

That's bull****. If that's the case, all men with hair on their arms and legs are unhygienic :rolleyes:
i wouldn't ever wax or shave my hairy arms :unimpressed:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
That's bull****. If that's the case, all men with hair on their arms and legs are unhygienic :rolleyes:

Lol **** i didnt mean clean as in hygenic, i meant it as in ....the clean look.
Reply 13
Neither I or any of my friends shave our arms, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Do people seriously do that?!
Reply 14
It's difficult to say why anyone is repulsed by anything. If it's a statistical truth about humans, then there was likely some evolutionary pressure; if it's a statistical truth about individual nations or geographical regions, then it's likely there is a cultural pressure. If it's neither of these, then it's likely to just be a person's idiosyncracy.

Myself, I'm not repulsed, but I think there probably has been a trend in the west pressuring women to be less hairy pretty much all over.
Original post by l-moore
Neither I or any of my friends shave our arms, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Do people seriously do that?!

I dont shave, I epilate / wax

But why is shaving the "stupidest thing" youve ever heard?
I would never shave my arms as they end up growing back worse and feeling like sandpaper. I have bleached them in the past but I saw no effect. Then I realised my arm hair could be worse and really wasn't that bad so I left it.
I feel like I should wax/epilate because I have dark arm hair, being Indian. But never actually done it..
I tried waxing them a few years ago. I decided it was an epic waste of my time. Honestly, with all the things women are supposed to do in order to men men want them, it's a miracle we actually have time to do anything, like our jobs.
Reply 19
If you mean the actual arms, rather than armpits, not all women shave them. I dont... my hairs are blonde and don't bother me in the slightest - I know plenty of girls who also don't. I also don't think it's as big of a deal as some people think, and when women do shave their arms half the time it ends up worse because the hair grows back prickly and horrible..

Quick Reply

Latest