The Student Room Group

CCEA AS unit 2 chemistry exam june 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fladam
Think it was molecular vibrations. So good job :smile: .. How many / 75 do you think on that paper for 80 UMS? Sometimes if it's too easy they scale down if you're below average and scale up above average... Lost around 4 there in the multiple choice and maybe 6-8 in the rest of the test ( assuming they mark those isomers wrong and giving myself a few more incase I did something that I'm not aware of yet)

I thought that question was definitely different, I played around with some numbers for 40 seconds though and managed to get 44 (B) as the answer which everyone I asked seemed to get! Fingers crossed... It was practically sheer luck lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

How does UMS work??
Reply 21
If you don't mind me asking what school do you go to?

Rainey endowed, you? :smile:

Im a little worried for the same reasons Fox :smile:

I'm not sure how the UMS works exactly but CCEA try to explain it in the PDF at the bottom of this like :
http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/accreditation/guidance/ums.asp

As you can see, basically, if one year an A grade candidate got 60/75 but then the next year a harder paper was set so pupils of A grade standard would be getting 58/75, then when they convert those two grades to UMS marks, 60/75 will be say 80/100 UMS, but 58/75 will also be worth 80/100 UMS, its a way of changing marks in order to ensure people who are of A grade standard get rewarded regardless of how difficult their paper was relative to years before :smile: Its never easy to tell what CCEA will decide is an A grade though, they use a lot of averages and that... but we all can hope that an A is low as possible :P
Reply 22
R.B.A.I ( Inst ) , First year there
Reply 23
when do the mark schemes come out ? I hate not knowing how i done in a test.
what did people get for the name given to the distribution and movement of molecules?
Also for the last two pages what were the definite answers for the calculations, i.e. Finding the heat of combustion and the enthalpy change for the heat of reaction.
Reply 24
I just named the graph ( Maxwell boltsman distribution graph ) , can't remember the answers to the calculations
Reply 25
Original post by bmalone
when do the mark schemes come out ? I hate not knowing how i done in a test.
what did people get for the name given to the distribution and movement of molecules?
Also for the last two pages what were the definite answers for the calculations, i.e. Finding the heat of combustion and the enthalpy change for the heat of reaction.

The mark schemes won't come out for months. The first members of public who will have access to the mark schemes will be those who request their scripts back. You could speak to a teacher at your school though, they'd likely have a copy of the paper.

I can't remember calculation answers either, but I have a feeling it was maxwell-Boltzmann distribution for the gas distribution question.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by callumbm
The mark schemes won't come out for months. The first members of public who will have access to the mark schemes will be those who request their scripts back. You could speak to a teacher at your school though, they'd likely have a copy of the paper.

I can't remember calculation answers either, but I have a feeling it was maxwell-Boltzmann distribution for the gas distribution question.

Thanks! Yeah i was thinking that was the answer, but i wrote 'kinetics'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending