The Student Room Group

Do you smoke?

Poll

Do you smoke?

I don't but I used to. I have added a poll, just click yes or no. If you do any of the folowing:

Smoke when you're drunk

Smoke socially

Smoke when you go out

Hardly ever smoke

Then you're a smoker so click yes.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I smoke about 5 a day. I know it's **** for my health, but it's my health. I'll probably quit before uni though because the self righteous non smokers do get on my nerves.

EDIT: Lol, point confirmed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I don't smoke and don't ever plan to. While I understand some of the reasons why people do, I've never personally seen the attraction.
Original post by llessur123
I smoke about 5 a day. I know it's **** for my health, but it's my health. I'll probably quit before uni though because the self righteous non smokers do get on my nerves.

Reformed smokers are annoying. I am one, I find myself nagging my parents to quit all the time.
Yes. Anywhere between 5 and 15 a day, depending on how bored / stressed / drunk I am.
No I don't, I honestly can't see the appeal. I have smoked in the past when I was drunk but it did absolutely nothing for me and infact made me sick.

I understand continuing to smoke once uve started as people usually get addicted but other than wanting to look cool/fit in, why would anyone willingly choose to smoke?
Not anymore. When I did, there wasn't very much tobacco either.
On a very infrequent basis (talking 5/6 times a year), yes.
Reply 8
never have, never will
I've smoked since I was 14 (now 20), never more than 10 a day except for when I'm drinking. I did quit cold turkey for just over 3 months this year, but that didn't last clearly.
Don't smoke. Never have. Never will.
Original post by truthandtragedy
I've smoked since I was 14 (now 20), never more than 10 a day except for when I'm drinking. I did quit cold turkey for just over 3 months this year, but that didn't last clearly.

Why did you start again?
Started doing it when drunk because my mates did, then realised I don't do it properly, thus I have another reason why I don't.
Reply 13
I do but only a couple a day. I know it's bad for me but I won't be stopping any time soon as I actually enjoy smoking. I can go days without having any though so when I do want to stop, hopefully it wont be a problem.
Smoke when I have the money. On a good day I only smoke 3/4 but on a bad day (Stressed out/upset/angry) its around the pack. Started due to going to see family in Russia and since the shopkeepers don't care about the law and cigs are 25p-£1 for a pack, all the kids smoke. When everyone around you is smoking, I wanted to give it a go. Enjoyed it and have smoked since. 17 now and this happened around 4 years ago :L Definitely quitting after university or if someone I really care about tells me to stop (my parents are fine with it so don't have to worry about them).
Reply 15
No - it's buying bad health and is a bad habit.
No. I don't see the appeal.
Reply 17
Been smoking tobacco since i was 19, started after i stopped smoking other things :bong:

I quit for 7 months, but then started again, i was sitting under a tree towards the end of December about to swim/walk through a frozen lake and someone offered me a cigarette.

When i was abroad i could get 20 cigs for 50 c US, and was smoking 60 a day, but in the UK i cut down to 30 - 40, now i am unemployed and due to become a full time student in Sept i have switched onto rollies... but I'm on my last duty free pouch and I'll be damned if I'm paying UK prices as a student, so I'll probably quit.

Or spend my time at uni sifting through the kitchen bin for takeaway leftovers so that i can afford to smoke ...we'll see.
Nope I don't.
:nah:

Tried once, but I coughed the whole night long :sadnod:

Never looked back since :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest