The Student Room Group

Capita "Lead the Way" Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard their start dates or locations yet?
Has anyone received information about the AC that is meant to be end of June? Called them 20 times, no reply or anything.
Reply 262
Has anyone had their assessment day cancelled?
Original post by Skys
Has anyone had their assessment day cancelled?
Yeah just received the email today. What a joke!
Original post by Lawgirl121

did you get the date moved? or are they just not doing it anymore?
Reply 265
Original post by callum5793
did you get the date moved? or are they just not doing it anymore?

No just cancelled it. Nothing on the email to say it will be rescheduled. Has yours been cancelled?
Original post by Lawgirl121

Had the same thing come through today - complete joke. After a 6 month process and spending money on travel, don't really plan on letting this go lightly. What does everyone else plan on doing in response?
I am absolutely shocked at Capita's decision to not hold an assessment centre at the end of this month. I think it's important that we do not let this go lightly. It is a very unfair decision. I don't think Capita appreciate that many applicants, including myself, would not have applied elsewhere during the period in which they were invited to an assessment centre. The loyalty we have shown to Capita has been returned with a slap in the face. It is crazy to think that a company of Capita's size and reputation can play with the future of hundreds of graduates in an email that does not explain their decision to cancel the assessment centre.

It's clear their decision is ethically wrong. I'm interested in knowing whether or not we had a legally binding agreement which means that Capita must hold the assessment centre we were invited to... If so, we're onto something!

Let's all raise our voice together to Capita, be it emails, calls and voicemails. That's the only way we can get their decision overturned!
Reply 268
Original post by galaxy93
I am absolutely shocked at Capita's decision to not hold an assessment centre at the end of this month. I think it's important that we do not let this go lightly. It is a very unfair decision. I don't think Capita appreciate that many applicants, including myself, would not have applied elsewhere during the period in which they were invited to an assessment centre. The loyalty we have shown to Capita has been returned with a slap in the face. It is crazy to think that a company of Capita's size and reputation can play with the future of hundreds of graduates in an email that does not explain their decision to cancel the assessment centre.

It's clear their decision is ethically wrong. I'm interested in knowing whether or not we had a legally binding agreement which means that Capita must hold the assessment centre we were invited to... If so, we're onto something!

Let's all raise our voice together to Capita, be it emails, calls and voicemails. That's the only way we can get their decision overturned!

I understand where you're coming from and I think it was disgusting what capita did but at the end of the day they are the employer and it's up to them whether they hire us or not - or in this case to not even hold the assessment day. They obviously do not want to hire anyone for the rest of the year because of this big new change they have coming.

Like you, I held out for capita and was completely upset when I found out the cancellation but to 'force' them to hold the AC is pretty crazy. Like I said, the choice is there's. They hold all the cards. Although it's a different situation, It's not the first company I have interviewed for and not heard anything back even thought I thought I did really well. Not even a polite no. There is no contractual obligation there but there should a culture when recruiting that they should get back to you.

Capita are completely in the wrong here but what can you do. They should have been more respectable in the way the handled it but we have no real power. We can't force them to hire us at the end of the day.
Reply 269
Original post by Skys
I understand where you're coming from and I think it was disgusting what capita did but at the end of the day they are the employer and it's up to them whether they hire us or not - or in this case to not even hold the assessment day. They obviously do not want to hire anyone for the rest of the year because of this big new change they have coming.

Like you, I held out for capita and was completely upset when I found out the cancellation but to 'force' them to hold the AC is pretty crazy. Like I said, the choice is there's. They hold all the cards. Although it's a different situation, It's not the first company I have interviewed for and not heard anything back even thought I thought I did really well. Not even a polite no. There is no contractual obligation there but there should a culture when recruiting that they should get back to you.

Capita are completely in the wrong here but what can you do. They should have been more respectable in the way the handled it but we have no real power. We can't force them to hire us at the end of the day.

I will also mention that I spoke to Chris from the recruitment team. Real nice guy and helped me understand the decision. It seems that he too had no idea and was pretty gutted about the whole thing as he had alot invested too as well as the fact he and joanna had to be the messengers and get the whole lot of sh*t from everyone
Ahh, I see. Thanks for your message Skys.

At the very least, I think we should receive a proper explanation for the sudden change of mind not to hold an assessment centre, and priority for the 2017 intake. I don't think it's fair for us to have to go through the whole application process again given that we we're successful in every stage prior to the assessment centre.
Original post by galaxy93
Ahh, I see. Thanks for your message Skys.

At the very least, I think we should receive a proper explanation for the sudden change of mind not to hold an assessment centre, and priority for the 2017 intake. I don't think it's fair for us to have to go through the whole application process again given that we we're successful in every stage prior to the assessment centre.

I agree with this. Going through it all again will be very unfair! Can we all do something to secure that?
Original post by kiss4itu
I agree with this. Going through it all again will be very unfair! Can we all do something to secure that?

I think we should definitely mention it to them via email or call so that they know that we're still interested.
Reply 273
Has anyone heard their location yet????

Quick Reply

Latest