The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with foundation Year 2016

Scroll to see replies

I was rejected from this course after an interview, but was just wondering, if i do get ABB on results day and call up, could they potentially give me a space?
We deffo should!
Original post by wannabemedico
Guys we should create a facebook page for the foundation year, I have seen that previous years did this!! :smile:
Original post by C-Lo Frizz
We deffo should!

somebody make it please! i dont know how :frown: im knew to facebook :P
How many people are on the waiting list? And is anyone here on the waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wannabemedico
What have been the highlights and not so good points about the year? :smile:

Sorry about the late reply
Highlights: getting to know the people in the year group, university life in general, interesting to learn about topics within medicine
Not so good: doing maths/Chem was tedious. Biology has harsh marking though the lecturer we had will be on maternity leave. Doing Portfolio was so long and annoying....
Original post by nadine.e
Highlights: getting to know the people in the year group, university life in general, interesting to learn about topics within medicine
Not so good: doing maths/Chem was tedious. Biology has harsh marking though the lecturer we had will be on maternity leave. Doing Portfolio was so long and annoying....

Hey nadine,
Can you reply to my message please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So who is coming in September?
Hey lads and ladettes
On the way there now for the interview at 3:45
Good luck to all 👌🏻
Original post by Artistsridge
Hey lads and ladettes
On the way there now for the interview at 3:45
Good luck to all 👌🏻

Good luck!!
Ive got mine this thursday :smile:
Original post by Riyad000
Good luck!!
Ive got mine this thursday :smile:

How did it go? Any preparation tips? :smile:
Original post by shohaib712
How did it go? Any preparation tips? :smile:

U got an interview for the Foundation Year? I thought the lady said 23rd would be the last day lol

1) Be yourself and don't let 'rude' interviwers get to you and make u nervous
2) Know your PS and work exp form inside out lol

And thats it really; it wasn't too bad. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Riyad000
U got an interview for the Foundation Year? I thought the lady said 23rd would be the last day lol

1) Be yourself and don't let 'rude' interviwers get to you and make u nervous
2) Know your PS and work exp form inside out lol

And thats it really; it wasn't too bad. Good luck :smile:

Oh im going to apply next year :smile:

Thank you and how rude can the interviewers get?
Where their any role play involved? Or was it like they would give you a context and you answer the question?
Would they ask why foundation instead of normal med degree?
Original post by nadine.e

What kind of topics did you learn in chem/bio/maths? Could you give an example of the harsh marking in bio? What do you mean by portfolio?
How does the uni.decide whether you get into the med course?

Sorry for so many questions btw...
so to study the foundation year, you already need a levels? I thought that was what foundation was for, is it the same for mature applicants too? thanks to anyone who can help
Guys can I apply to the A104 with AAA, I meet all the non academic and contextual criteria?
Original post by RandomMed1c34
Dude you said you got 620 in another thread, can you make your mind up. Not sure which to believe :colonhash:

Original post by username2097061
This guy/girl is lying about their grades as well. He/she just said 4A* 9A but his wall 'about me' section says 3A* 8A or something like that.

Original post by Leart_Osmani
Damn someone got caught

Original post by Alisahhh1998
I don't get why people lie like what did you achieve, no one even knows you here 😂😂

Firstly it was a typo, he meant 620, wrote 630. Secondly you know you can pay to do more GCSEs? You just dont need to do it in 'secondary school'. I know people with 30 GCSEs and 10 A levels which I think is a waste of time tbh. And thirdly he is in UEA in his second year. Congrats to him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending