The Student Room Group

A100 Edinburgh Medicine - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yammy
Hmm can't seem to find anything on euclid saying I need to upload anything. Also can't seem to book accommodation yet, keeps saying I'm not on record. Do I have to wait for them to process my pvg/grades etc before I can book accommodation?

They said 72 hrs after accepting ur offer for accommodation and they sent me the list of documents on Euclid I think two days after firming 😊 If not call the it desk and they will direct you to the right place for help
Reply 701
Original post by tinababy
They said 72 hrs after accepting ur offer for accommodation and they sent me the list of documents on Euclid I think two days after firming 😊 If not call the it desk and they will direct you to the right place for help

Maybe because I've got a waiting list offer so (no ucas) that's why? But yeah I think Ill email/call them again :smile:
Original post by Yammy
Maybe because I've got a waiting list offer so (no ucas) that's why? But yeah I think Ill email/call them again :smile:

Oh right that's maybe why it's taking a bit longer 😊 What number were u on the waiting list btw cos I knew ppl who were on some of them?
Reply 703
Original post by tinababy
Oh right that's maybe why it's taking a bit longer 😊 What number were u on the waiting list btw cos I knew ppl who were on some of them?

Think they said roughly 300-315th or something..
Anyone who still hasn't firmed offers yet? (international obvs) I just firmed Edin hehe
Reply 705
Original post by amazingusername
Anyone who still hasn't firmed offers yet? (international obvs) I just firmed Edin hehe

Great decision :smile:
Does anybody know of any activity on the waiting list since those offers in early May?
Hiya, I'm applying to Edinburgh for 2017 entry and was just wondering how badly a B at AS would affect my application even if I had 3A*s predicted grade for next year?
Reply 708
got an offer on 28th from waiting list. So apparently they move down the list :smile:
It's getting close to results day and I wonder how strict they'll be on the BBB Advanced Highers conditional offers.

Eg would ABC be okay? I'd hate to miss out on medicine at Edinburgh after everything now just due to dropping one grade in one subject at Adv Higher.

Good luck to everyone waiting whatever happens.
Original post by jawna
got an offer on 28th from waiting list. So apparently they move down the list :smile:

Congrats! Is it still a conditional on BBB?
Reply 711
Original post by jawna

Wow that's a late offer, congrats though!
Reply 712
Original post by Bogshed
It's getting close to results day and I wonder how strict they'll be on the BBB Advanced Highers conditional offers.

Eg would ABC be okay? I'd hate to miss out on medicine at Edinburgh after everything now just due to dropping one grade in one subject at Adv Higher.

Good luck to everyone waiting whatever happens.

Not sure...I' kind of worried about the same thing, eg if I got C in higher English, but got A/Bs in other advanced highers - don't know what they will do :/
I'm Hoping to study medicine next year, dependant on my higher results. Can anyone offer advice about the UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 714
Does anyone know how much emphasis/consideration Edinburgh University put on the AS levels for Medicine applicants. Some applicant will have these results others won't so, as sciences are linear exams, I was wondering if Edinburgh (like Sheffield and some other Unis) would not consider AS grades highly as part of an application. Thanks.
Original post by Maz A
Does anyone know how much emphasis/consideration Edinburgh University put on the AS levels for Medicine applicants. Some applicant will have these results others won't so, as sciences are linear exams, I was wondering if Edinburgh (like Sheffield and some other Unis) would not consider AS grades highly as part of an application. Thanks.

Please read through this document, although last year's it shows how they score you out of 40. I'd recommend applying with 36/37+. It is unlikely to change much, if at all, this year.

http://www.ed.ac.uk/files/atoms/files//mbchb_handbook_final.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Maz A

No they don't unless you decide to drop a subject at AS. Then they would require a fourth AS subject to be at a B (preferably an A). If you intend to apply to Edinburgh and have a B grade in a subject from AS, maybe consider taking it as a full A Level for a predicted grade of an A.
Reply 717
Original post by Asklepios
I stayed in chancellors court in first year, slightly nicer than the others with en suite and better rooms, but perhaps loses the community feel being in such a big building. One of the smaller buildings (lee, Baird, turner, etc) could be better

Spoiler

Just revisiting this thread randomly, Chancellors court is indeed nice, but I ended up at grant lol.

And yes, I propose an edin tsr meet up :smile:
Original post by Yammy
Just revisiting this thread randomly, Chancellors court is indeed nice, but I ended up at grant lol.

And yes, I propose an edin tsr meet up :smile:

Grantanamo bay!

And if you were at the freshers fair on Monday afternoon, may have talked to you :ninja:
Reply 719
Original post by Asklepios
Grantanamo bay!

And if you were at the freshers fair on Monday afternoon, may have talked to you :ninja:

Who made up that name lol? Don't think I was at the fair though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending