The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angryfeminist
If I were you I'd stick with straight law if that's what you really want to do and if you don't get in on results day then go through clearing for law with criminology and ring and ask them if it would be okay :-) law is known for being super competitive that's all haha I wouldn't risk it until you know what grades you're working with!

Okay thank you very much!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 981
Original post by lawstudentaw
Oh thank you! So you're going UoM this year?! What subjects did you do?
And I actually meant dyu think I'd get in with AAC?

Yeah this September and English Literature, History and Law. The B that was a mark off an A was in Law ironically... Um not sure tbh I'd say a top AAB yes but a AAC probably not not that's just my view but they were in clearing for Law last year. Just best to focus on doing your best to get AAA if you can
Original post by ORW
Yeah this September and English Literature, History and Law. The B that was a mark off an A was in Law ironically... Um not sure tbh I'd say a top AAB yes but a AAC probably not not that's just my view but they were in clearing for Law last year. Just best to focus on doing your best to get AAA if you can

Do you reckon as long as i get equivalent or similar grades they'll let me in? Say A*AC ? Ah i'm struggling with History this year thats why I'm afraid i won't get AAA, I got the A in my history coursework but my grade from AS wasn't as strong so it'll pull my grade this year down. See you in SEPT hopefully.. if i get in
Original post by lawstudentaw
Oh thank you! So you're going UoM this year?! What subjects did you do?
And I actually meant dyu think I'd get in with AAC?

My boyfriend's friend was originally doing something else at Manchester I think, like History or something along those lines, and he got AAC so didn't get the grades, but got in through clearing to do Law at Manchester! It's totally possible but obviously not guaranteed, but no harm in trying at all! Good luck x

I thought accommodation offers hadn't been sent out yet??
Reply 985
Original post by Iloveclouds
I thought accommodation offers hadn't been sent out yet??

They haven't they start in late June onwards for people with unconditional offers is what they said to me on the phone and late August for those waiting on exam results. I am unconditional and chose Manchester, hoping I get one of my Fallowfield choices.
Original post by ORW
They haven't they start in late June onwards for people with unconditional offers is what they said to me on the phone and late August for those waiting on exam results. I am unconditional and chose Manchester, hoping I get one of my Fallowfield choices.

ok great, yeah same here! just got to wait for results to see if I get in! hope you get where you want :smile:
Does anyone know what date we will be moving in from this year?
Is anyone familiar with deferred entry? I got an unconditional offer from Manchester uni (it was a conditional originally) and chose it as a firm choice, but due to the lack of money, I'm not able to move to the UK and pay the studies this year (i'm an international) so I was thinking to ask them for a deferred entry and to keep the offer, is that possible? :frown:
Original post by mattismad
AS Grades: Maths, D (Screw Stats 1): Physics : C, Chemistry C, Product Design (Let's not talk about that one)...
A2 Predictions: Maths: B, Physics: B, Chemistry: B
Course Applied for: I applied for the Foundation Year with hopes to apply for a Physics degree at the end of it. Having to apply for this due to complicated issues at school involving a Physics teacher going rogue and then having a breakdown aha. Got my offer, I'm self-studying all of physics and am retaking the modules this year!

See everyone there :smile:

See you there! :smile: Exactly what I did (bar the rouge physics teacher ) and got my offer for this year. Trying to find a Science with an Integrated Foundation year thread before making one....
Original post by Laurenafenete
I've just had an interview with manchester (and when I mean just had I mean today). The interviews are pretty casual, they ask you a set of questions and its quite informal, almost to the point that you are just having a conversation with the interviewer. My interview was about 25 minutes and you are supposed to bring a portfolio of your certificates and predicted grades etc as they will have a look at those.
Because I applied for science with a foundation year that meant I had to do a small amplitude test. Therefore I dont know whether they would ask you to solve a questing during the interview.

I've applied to the foundation year late but luckily still been given an interview and academic assessments to do :^_^: Any advice on what the academic assessment and interview are like?
Reply 991
Where from: London
AS/A2 subjects: English Lit, History, Philosophy, Geography (dropped at A2)
AS grades: AABD
Course applying for: English Literature

Feel I probably won't get in. That B in philosophy was one off a C so reaching my offer of AAA is looking unlikely. Have Southampton as insurance with a BBB offer though so I'm not toooo stressed, but would love to get into Manchester
my firm choice became unconditional two weeks ago. I applied in February for accommodation, but the university did't sent me any email about which place in campus has been allocated to me. should I worry? it's better to ring them? how fast went things in your case?
image.jpegDid anyone else receive this
Got an offer of BBB for Science integrated foundation year, Pretty sure I will get BBC, anyone have any idea of the likelihood I get accepted anyway?

Maths(C) Physics(B) Biology(B)???
Original post by Littysarah0
image.jpegDid anyone else receive this

Yh I got this too
What have you applied for
Mine is accounting and finance
Anyone else in to study maths?
Has everyone been accepted? Also does anyone know our actual start date or when we will find out our accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
Has anyone had a confirmation email from Manchester yet? I have a confirmed place but there's nothing in my inbox as of yet...
Original post by elzprosser
Has everyone been accepted? Also does anyone know our actual start date or when we will find out our accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Track says 1st of September, I'm guessing there will be more information on an email, when we get it.

When did everyone get places? My insurance updated on Sunday morning and my firm (UoM) was about 5pm on Sunday, gave me so much confidence but I ended up not getting the right grades, they still let me in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending