The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Blitzkrieg... What a brilliant game.
The official game for The Phantom Menace on PS1, it got reviews as bad as the film but I was obsessed with it for years. In many ways it was the precursor to the Knights of the Old Republic game, which was almost identical in style but more advanced (naturally) than TPM.

Also, obscure football games like Kick Off World, Three Lions and Viva Football, which were usually pretty bad but I played them a lot for some reason.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
I miss the good old PS1.
Original post by Schemilix
Croc! The controls on that game! I wanted to kill that stupid green turd!

And yes, exactly the same. :smile: I'd get it if you can find it.

I'll definitely keep an eye out! I'd have to dig out my PS first though, no idea where its got to. :redface:

Original post by Manitude
Overboard (ps1)

I remember that game too, I could never steer that ship. Used to drive me mad. :biggrin:
Reply 24
Gangsters:redface:rganised crime
mondo medicals!
It was quite a popular series back then but has anyone played any C&C?
Singularity.

If you like Bioshock &/or Half Life 2, play this game. It's basically a love letter to these two games and it's brilliant. Unfortunatly Activision didn't bother to give it even a 10th of MW2's marketing budget so no one I know has even heard of it let alone played it.
The original Armored Core, and the original Call of Duty. I also loved this:

Original post by Schemilix
Abe's Exoddus, I know few people who've played it. One actually, excluding my mother whom I played it with.

I've always found it odd how so many people gush over Oddysee, but haven't even heard of this.
Original post by Michael Locke
The original Armored Core, and the original Call of Duty. I also loved this:

I've always found it odd how so many people gush over Oddysee, but haven't even heard of this.

Exoddus is Oddysee with a similar but tweaked system. It's just minor improvemnts and more Gamespeak, really... and a completely new set of levels, but I mean mechanically. And no Elum.

It's generally a better game, to be honest.
Reply 30
Original post by Introvert2020
The official game for The Phantom Menace on PS1, it got reviews as bad as the film but I was obsessed with it for years. In many ways it was the precursor to the Knights of the Old Republic game, which was almost identical in style but more advanced (naturally) than TPM.

I Was just about to post this game. It was brilliant wasn't it!

"Chokey, chokey, get your chokey"
Reply 31
Original post by Kater Murr
Go for it!

I don't know anyone else who has played either Team Buddies (PS1) or Incredible Crisis (PS1), both brilliant games though.

you're pretty cool with oyur vincent price stuff, I've seen Dragonwyck. I wouldn't write this but I'm superbly drunk.
Rayman, god I loved that (still love it tbh, forever in my heart :tongue:)
Jazz Jackrabbit?
Pink Panther Hocus Pocus Pink or whatever the title was.
Chromehounds, i dont think anyone on me friends list has played it!
Reply 34
when me and my sister first got our ps1 (which we pooled our money together to buy when i was about about 8/9 i think) we got a deal with it to get the original rayman, pandemonium, croc: legend of the gobbos and bust a move and still love playing the games, though we agreed that she could have the ps1 when i bought my ps2.

i also used to love playing spyro and crash bandicoot when i used to visit and babysit my younger cousin as he had loads of games, but had a bit of trouble completing them, think he was about 8 at the time). i may have "borrowed" the crash bandicoot game and forgotten to return it so hes probably forgotten about it by now as he never asked for it back, and i keep meaning to buy spyro. i also liked buffy: chaos bleeds which my sister gave me for ps2 cos she bought it to play on her exes ps2 so was useless for her to keep it when they split.
Reply 35
Original post by takethyfacehence
Rayman, god I loved that (still love it tbh, forever in my heart :tongue:)
Jazz Jackrabbit?
Pink Panther Hocus Pocus Pink or whatever the title was.

OMG! i loved hocus pocus pink when i was little, it was bizarre. me and my sister tried to explain it to her boyfriend but he looked at us like we were crazy, so naturally i had to reinstall it on my laptop and have a play, was saddened that i completed it within a couple of hours as it took us ages to finishb it when we were little. i then passed it back onto my sister to have a play on it and to show hom were not crazy, it does actually exist. no-one else that i know seems to have heard of it other than me and my sister though.

my dad was responsible for getting us that game, along with the fast show game tie in, which is also pretty odd, but amusing to play squeezy cheesy peas (like space invaders but you blast them with a condiment bottle of cheezy peas). i agree about rayman tooo, still love playing it oh so much!
soul blade/edge :biggrin:
Original post by vickie89
OMG! i loved hocus pocus pink when i was little, it was bizarre. me and my sister tried to explain it to her boyfriend but he looked at us like we were crazy, so naturally i had to reinstall it on my laptop and have a play, was saddened that i completed it within a couple of hours as it took us ages to finishb it when we were little. i then passed it back onto my sister to have a play on it and to show hom were not crazy, it does actually exist. no-one else that i know seems to have heard of it other than me and my sister though.

my dad was responsible for getting us that game, along with the fast show game tie in, which is also pretty odd, but amusing to play squeezy cheesy peas (like space invaders but you blast them with a condiment bottle of cheezy peas). i agree about rayman tooo, still love playing it oh so much!

Haha yes! Just in general yes. I too played Hocus Pocus Pink again after all those years and was just blown at how quickly I did it and how easy it was XD but it was so good..

Rayman was my fave, Original and Gold <3 my bro got original on his PS3 a couple years back and I just sat there playing for about half an hour before I realised I had just zoned everything else out entirely and my brother was wondering when I was gonna leave his bedroom...
Oh, and, Sudeki.
Original post by Fusion
I Was just about to post this game. It was brilliant wasn't it!

"Chokey, chokey, get your chokey"

LOL, yes it certainly was brilliant, but aside from that, it's also one of the most quotable games I've ever played, you've started me off now!

"You want a bowl of dweezel? How about a basket of pallie?"

Quick Reply

Latest