The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by zoeclarex
congratulationns! :smile: and good luck for the intervieww. whats your most favoured uni choice? x

Thank you :biggrin:!

It's tomorrow, so feeling the nerves and excitement now!
Out of the ones I've applied for it'd have to be Liverpool and Coventry :smile:!
Coventry for its location, as I'm from Northampton, so only a thirty-three minute train journey, but then Uni of Liverpool has a really good reputation as a university doesn't it and Liverpool is amazing!

Are you applying for OT? If so what's your application status so far?
Still no interviews..... Going into panic mode now.:frown:
Has anyone heard off Bournemouth yet? I have a conditional offer so would be good to chat to others that will be going there too :smile:). Also, I have an interview in Cardiff in jan but as Bournemouth was my first choice, is there any point in me going to the Cardiff interview? I may aswell pull out to give someone else the chance to go?
Reply 103
have applied for university of ulster, liverpool, derby and coventry! :biggrin: already have BCC as i sat my alevels last year.. kinda freaking out that quite a few have been rejected from liverpool?! :/
Reply 104
Original post by josmith34
I was predicted AAB and I still got rejected from Liverpool! I only had one work placement, so I think that's why I was rejected. I was rejected from Southampton as well, and they were asking for AAB!

I'm predicted AAB too, and I achieved AABC at AS (dropped the C subject) and got rejected by Liverpool. I was so surprised because they're only asking for BCC, and all my grades exceed this! I had 2 work placements doing voluntary and shadow work. Just goes to show how academic and vocational courses prioritise very differently.
Not heard from Southampton yet, I didn't realise they're asking for AAB?! I thought they were asking for ABB. I need to pay more attention...
Reply 105
Original post by Cara27
have applied for university of ulster, liverpool, derby and coventry! :biggrin: already have BCC as i sat my alevels last year.. kinda freaking out that quite a few have been rejected from liverpool?! :/

Don't worry about it! I gather Liverpool favour work experience and career knowledge over grades so as long as you have BCC then your personal statement should get you in :smile: Good luck with your choices! Which is your preferred choice?
My daughter has loads of work experience, but has still not heard anything. Now realising, its not so much where you want to go, but wherever you might be offered a place.
Reply 107
Original post by Cara27

i got an offer from liverpool :smile:) just have to wait and see! which uni do you want to go to most? x
Reply 108
Original post by Eamonn123
Thank you :biggrin:!

It's tomorrow, so feeling the nerves and excitement now!
Out of the ones I've applied for it'd have to be Liverpool and Coventry :smile:!
Coventry for its location, as I'm from Northampton, so only a thirty-three minute train journey, but then Uni of Liverpool has a really good reputation as a university doesn't it and Liverpool is amazing!

Are you applying for OT? If so what's your application status so far?

ahh :smile: yess im applying for OT. I received an unconditional from Liverpool and it was definately where I wanted to go.. so i cancelled all my other choices haha.. never heard back from any of them, just cancelled them and put lpool as my firm :smile: x
Reply 109
Original post by classrunner10
Still no interviews..... Going into panic mode now.:frown:

dont worry, you'lll get some soon! :smile: xx
Reply 110
I have applied to Northampton, liverpool, coventry, teeside and Sheffield Hallam:

Got interviews for Coventry and Northampton, got a conditional from liverpool, acknowledgement of application at Shefflied Hallam, but nothing from teeside as of yet.

Any one else got cov interview on wed 21st dec?
rejection from liverpool ):
offer from oxford brookes :smile:
and now waiting for uea and cov to reply from my interviews! scary stuff
i still need to apply for a 5th though..
Original post by L-2011

Original post by L-2011
Oh yes I went to an interview there - I was wondering whether anyone who has also had their interview has been contacted with the unis decision?

they started sending out offers on monday, but i know a few who haven't heard from interviews yet, so don't worry!
Reply 113
Has anyone that had an interview at Coventry heard anything yet?.....it's driving me crazy!!!!
Reply 114
preferably i would want to go to university of ulster! but i have to do a hpat test, which is why england isnt a bad choice, would want to go to liverpool the most out my english choices! fingers crossed! good look everyone with their choices! :biggrin:
Reply 115
Not heard from Coventry yet or Northampton (had interviews at both) Has anyone heard anything from Canterbury at all?
Reply 116
Hello, I am new to this site! I am applying for OT at Brunel, Oxford Brooks, London South Bank, Salford and Bournemouth has anyone else applied to these unis? Plus I have an interview at London South Bank, has anyone else got an interview here and what was it like? :smile:
Reply 117
Original post by dizzyhawt
Not heard from Coventry yet or Northampton (had interviews at both) Has anyone heard anything from Canterbury at all?

Hey,
How'd the interviews go? What was the one at Northampton like, what did you have to do etc? And i got a letter from Canterbury saying that they wait for all applicants up until the deadline and then decide who they'll interview (:
Hi, daughter finally been offered an interview for Derby, we live nowhere near here and haven't had a chance to go yet, has anyone been for an interview and can tell us what to expect?
Reply 119
Northampton was a nice relaxed interview. First there was a talk on the course, very similar to one you would receive at an open day. Next there was a group task with about 6 of us, it involved choosing activities for elderly people at a home to give them new skills but to also enhance their environment. Then after that it was time for a short essay on Occupational Therapy and the different settings they work in and the variety of people they work with, also your experience within the field. :smile:

Coventry was quite similar but the group tasks were quite different just involves about 12 of you sat in a circle and discus what items to have if you were on I'm a Celebrity. Next you were broken into two groups and had an egg, 5 straws and 10 pieces of selotape. You had to name your team and make a protective "box" using the straws and tape; the egg was dropped to see if it broke :s-smilie: our did :eek: After that there was a short question sheet to answer, that was it.

Quite nice interview compared with other areas of study, everyone seemed so friendly in both places.

Hope that has been of help!!! :biggrin:

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest