The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl law offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by newbarbarian
Erm, I sent my application off for Law with German Law on the 26th of October, and apart from the confirmation email I have heard absolutely nothing thus far. I have offers from Birmingham and Reading so far, UCL was chosen in a moment of whimsy, average GCSEs and average AS levels. Any idea of what the long wait might mean?

Most rejections have gone out, so I think if you havent been rejected then their still considering alongside the late applications (upto Jan 15)
So i guess there's still hope

Ive also had 4 responses just waiting on UCL
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 81
Original post by Eternal*
Most rejections have gone out, so I think if you havent been rejected then their still considering alongside the late applications (upto Jan 15)

fml tbh
Reply 82
Original post by tehforum
fml tbh

1 response was a rejection

and UCL was 2nd highest Uni

So my 3 responses are from low uni's
Reply 83

Most rejections for applications sent out in October or in general?
Reply 84

What's your source for this? There seem to be an awful lot of people on TSR alone waiting to hear back for law; I was under the impression that only standout candidates had received offers, the obviously unsuitable had been unsuccessful, and the vast majority were being held back for consideration until after the deadline.

I've been waiting since October too, so I understand the frustration. The LNAT deadline was only last Friday though, so it seems unlikely to me that they'd have been comparing the bulk of applications for long, especially when they apparently hold that exam in so much esteem.

Judging from last years thread they were making offers through to the middle of March, so I fear there's plenty more thumb twiddling and anxious checking of emails yet to come :/
Reply 85
Just got my response and unfortunately rejected :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

I seriously hope they're still considering me, granted I have Birmingham which was my original first choice, but the longer they take, the more I want an offer from UCL. Can't wait to get my LNAT score either, because that'll hopefully make it a bit clearer as to whether they'll give me an offer or not.
Ah, damn it, just woke up and checked track to find this message:

"Your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the intense competition for places on this programme of study, UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the best applicants. Regrettably, your UCAS application was judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants."

Ah well, didn't think I had much of a chance anyway, good luck to anyone still waiting :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by newbarbarian
Ah, damn it, just woke up and checked track to find this message:

"Your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the intense competition for places on this programme of study, UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the best applicants. Regrettably, your UCAS application was judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants."

Ah well, didn't think I had much of a chance anyway, good luck to anyone still waiting :smile:

Damn thats really bad. Hope you've got your other choices. Good luck
Damn thats really bad. Hope you've got your other choices. Good luck

Yeah, it's alright, I've got Birmingham and Reading. UCL was always a bit of a long shot. Good luck to you though :smile:
Reply 90
Do you know if your LNAT score was a good one newbarbarian? When did you send your application?
Reply 91
Original post by Justme!
Do you know if your LNAT score was a good one newbarbarian? When did you send your application?

He wouldnt know his Lnat score. Until he officially gets it next month. And the uni's wouldnt tell him
Reply 92
Original post by Computerised
I sit here reading this and twirling my UCL ID card in my fingers with a smug look on my face

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...but seriously, why be so harsh?!?! :P
Reply 93
I still haven't heard from UCL :frown: a bit depressing, but they'll probably reject me anyways. I've got offers from Reading, Manchester (LNAT required), Sussex and Westminister (Don't really wanna go there lol).
So it would be good if UCL could hurry up a little, who do they think they are?!?! :P
Reply 94
Original post by sasha165
I still haven't heard from UCL :frown: a bit depressing, but they'll probably reject me anyways. I've got offers from Reading, Manchester (LNAT required), Sussex and Westminister (Don't really wanna go there lol).
So it would be good if UCL could hurry up a little, who do they think they are?!?! :P

They're UCL:banana:
If they weren't then you wouldnt be whining about them :tong:
Reply 95
Hey all, just wanted to post and say I'm also waiting for a reply from UCL

Got offers from QMUL and Kent at the moment, just waiting for UCL and Nottingham (only Uni's that required the LNAT)

All the best to all those also anxiously waiting for news!
Reply 96
M.E Our list of universities is pretty close. UCL, Nottingham Uni and QMUL on my application too :wink:
Cheers
Reply 97
Original post by Justme!
M.E Our list of universities is pretty close. UCL, Nottingham Uni and QMUL on my application too :wink:
Cheers

Any other offers? Or responses from ucl?
Reply 98
Nothing yet but I was a late applicant, only sent my application out on 10 Jan 2012.
Reply 99
well goodluck x

Why would anyone neg rep this?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest