The Student Room Group

how many hours a day over easter do you guys revise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Doctor.
CHEM1/2 was it? :colone:

Hello again :sexface:

Biol 1, 4, and 5. :redface:
24, YOLO dawg.
Reply 22
nuked
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by TheGrandmaster
24, YOLO dawg.

Yes, of course you do. :tongue:
Reply 24
Original post by tammie94
Yes, of course you do. :tongue:

Tbh on tsr that is believable. :wink:
Reply 25
Few hours revision, many hours procrastinating (like now :tongue:)
I didn't do any over Easter when it was my A levels year, go outside and frolic guys.
Reply 27
Original post by GMD
yes :P

Thankyou, likewise.

lol really? cool makes sense. and btw i dont do media sudies rofl i do chemistry biology and psychology
Reply 28
nuked
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by cuckoo99
lol really? cool makes sense. and btw i dont do media sudies rofl i do chemistry biology and psychology

And what kind of grades are you getting in mocks and class tests? I do those subjects as well with physics. :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by SillyRodent
I didn't do any over Easter when it was my A levels year, go outside and frolic guys.

If you don't mind me asking, what results did you get? I need some reassurance that it's not too late for me, lol =P
Reply 31
Original post by GMD
aah ok. People on this site really seem to hate eton, most of my mates wonder why I still read posts here lol.

Nice, I do Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Computing (AS). Really wish I hadn't taken biology, it's really not for me :wink:

:eek: Seriously you do 6 subjects! How do you manage? I can't even handle 4. :tongue:
Reply 32
Original post by tammie94
And what kind of grades are you getting in mocks and class tests? I do those subjects as well with physics. :smile:

B's/C's is class tests though im not really revising enough atm as i said in my first post ;p once i begin revision im hoping to achieve either BBB or ABB :smile: what exam board are you on? im on AQA
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by KiwiBerry
If you don't mind me asking, what results did you get? I need some reassurance that it's not too late for me, lol =P

AAB, so I get in to my first choice studying English Literature at Leeds. The disclaimer I'm going to have to give is that I took Lit, Lang and History so perhaps revision for those subjects isn't as time consuming as the Sciences.
Reply 34
Original post by GMD
aah ok. People on this site really seem to hate eton, most of my mates wonder why I still read posts here lol.

Nice, I do Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Computing (AS). Really wish I hadn't taken biology, it's really not for me :wink:

what exam board ? :smile: biology can be tricky with the language you need to use.
Reply 35
nuked
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by cuckoo99
B's/C's is class tests though im not really revising enough atm as i said in my first post ;p once i begin revision im hoping to achieve either BBB or ABB :smile: what exam board are you on? im on AQA

I'm on OCR and wow those are some pretty good grades considering the fact that you don't revise. Good luck on achieving those grades. :smile: How are you finding psychology? I don't think it requires much revision but it's one of those subjects that takes you by surprise in exams.
Reply 37
Original post by GMD
We have really good teachers, so we finish all subject syllabus' by around January/February. Then we just do revision/past papers in lessons, and easter is like our final read through. After easter it's just mocks, then the weeks before the exams we start A2.

To answer your question, If you think carefully about the time you spend doing your 4 subjects, i'm sure you've spent a bit of time procrastinating, doodling, daydreaming. Everyone does. But it all adds up in the end. Anyways, when one learns to iron out that time, their productivity increases exponentially. Stuff that would take normally 3 hours then takes only 1 hour, and suddenly you have 2 ours to sneak out of dorms and go drinking, hoping the pop won't catch you.

AQA. Especially nonsensical, the mark schemes are so ridiculously specific, one can't help but wonder what the point in the text book actually is.

im on AQA aswell :smile: indeed the mark schemes are terribly specific
None at all.

I can never revise anything this far in advance and expect to remember by exam day.

Plus I've finished the courses so all my class time is revision anyway.

I'll start revising about a week before my first exam and probably get AAAB.

But for that week I'll be revising like crazy.
I'm gonna try and recreate the school day at home
E.g. Bio from 10-11 etc..
Lets hope it works :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest