Original post by clomitch
x

Original post by Apocalyptic Fish
x

Original post by engstrom0304
x

Original post by hihihihihi
x

I know you aren't doing this exam but maybe you could give us some help/advice?

Original post by MehakV
x

Original post by sammaguire94
x

Original post by I_Am_The_Man
x

Original post by supaabzz
x

Original post by FreddieKeen
x

Original post by rrfc
x

Original post by nugget200
x

Original post by ser00
x

Original post by inkgeiko
x

Original post by Andy16
x

Original post by cornshoots
x
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll reply to the suggestions from the other thread in this one.
The thing about uncertainties in the third section - somewhere in the text it says something about the uncertainty of the first set of data being 1/14, so one of the questions might be to prove this, which is relatively easy to do though time consuming in an exam situation.
Original post by ElleRose
I'll reply to the suggestions from the other thread in this one.
The thing about uncertainties in the third section - somewhere in the text it says something about the uncertainty of the first set of data being 1/14, so one of the questions might be to prove this, which is relatively easy to do though time consuming in an exam situation.

I don't think that is the uncertainty, rather the range/deviation of the data (from the mean). I'm not sure though, I'm going to read through it properly later on.
Reply 3
Original post by When you see it...
I don't think that is the uncertainty, rather the range/deviation of the data (from the mean). I'm not sure though, I'm going to read through it properly later on.

Yeah, I suppose that would be a better way of describing it. But whichever comes up, they're fairly simple calculations.
Yeah, I suppose that would be a better way of describing it. But whichever comes up, they're fairly simple calculations.

How sure are you?
What about the other articles. Do you have any idea what they will ask for those?
I quoted 26 people (although I may have quoted some twice...) and only one has responded (and that response came before I even put the quotes in!). I know it's friday night and everything, but are you all really out partying in exam season?
Reply 6
I quoted 26 people (although I may have quoted some twice...) and only one has responded (and that response came before I even put the quotes in!). I know it's friday night and everything, but are you all really out partying in exam season?

Count me in, to get things going I shall finish off my pre release article analysis by 9:30. I will post a link to the thread when its done.
Original post by Andy16
Count me in, to get things going I shall finish off my pre release article analysis by 9:30. I will post a link to the thread when its done.

Thanks. Will you be able to predict the questions they will ask?
Reply 8
Thanks. Will you be able to predict the questions they will ask?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1994396&p=37456136#post37456136 here is the thread.

And whilst I cannot predict any questions, look at the second post in the thread for two sets of possible questions
I also plan to upload a sheet of questions I obtained tomorrow
I am sitting this exam, did a mock a couple of weeks ago and got an A, 80/100, so not too bad, I don't feel 100% on it yet though, I was surprised I did so well. As to the pre-release material, I have no idea what they could ask. Past papers I've done don't seem to really require much more than a quick read of it, might not always be the case though.
Reply 10
How sure are you?
What about the other articles. Do you have any idea what they will ask for those?

Well, of course, I'm not absolutely sure that will be the case. But from what I've seen in the past papers, out of the three articles, one of them always seems to be about manipulating data. And seeing as this is the one with the most data and least theory, it just seems likely. But then, of course, they could switch it all around and link it to something else to make it theoretical. These exam boards are crafty after all!
Well, of course, I'm not absolutely sure that will be the case. But from what I've seen in the past papers, out of the three articles, one of them always seems to be about manipulating data. And seeing as this is the one with the most data and least theory, it just seems likely. But then, of course, they could switch it all around and link it to something else to make it theoretical. These exam boards are crafty after all!

Okay, it's probably safer to try to learn the physics of the experiment too.
I would've thought that the second article had just as much data in it though. Is the consensus that they'll get us to draw a graph and find h?
Original post by thetransitionary
I am sitting this exam, did a mock a couple of weeks ago and got an A, 80/100, so not too bad, I don't feel 100% on it yet though, I was surprised I did so well. As to the pre-release material, I have no idea what they could ask. Past papers I've done don't seem to really require much more than a quick read of it, might not always be the case though.

Do the section C questions seem quite easy then?
Do you reckon that it is worth doing past questions on section C, even though the articles are different?
Do the section C questions seem quite easy then?
Do you reckon that it is worth doing past questions on section C, even though the articles are different?

Probably a good idea to do practice questions, they seemed to be about a lot of the stuff we had done in the coursework, error and whatnot, but just in the context of the experiments of the article. I'd say understanding the experiments in the article would help a lot, because you can use more common sense rather than just guesswork.
Original post by thetransitionary
Probably a good idea to do practice questions, they seemed to be about a lot of the stuff we had done in the coursework, error and whatnot, but just in the context of the experiments of the article. I'd say understanding the experiments in the article would help a lot, because you can use more common sense rather than just guesswork.

Okay, I'm starting my unit 2 revision NOW!
Is superposition just when contstructive interference occurs or can destructive interference also be called superposition. That sounds like the sort of definition they will ask in the exam.
Also, does anyone know what the frequency of a photon actually is. I know that it is the frequency of its phasor, but what is the amplitude of its phasor representing? Is it the probability of finding it at that point?
Reply 17
Also, does anyone know what the frequency of a photon actually is. I know that it is the frequency of its phasor, but what is the amplitude of its phasor representing? Is it the probability of finding it at that point?

Yep, the square of the amplitude of the resultant phasor is equal to the probability of one arriving at that place. As for the frequency of a photon, it varies depending on the colour of light (red being lowest frequency), so usually if it comes up they'll either give you the value or give you a wavelength and ask you to calculate it.
Yep, the square of the amplitude of the resultant phasor is equal to the probability of one arriving at that place. As for the frequency of a photon, it varies depending on the colour of light (red being lowest frequency), so usually if it comes up they'll either give you the value or give you a wavelength and ask you to calculate it.

Thanks. I think I get it...
This quantum stuff is confusing!
Yep I'm doing that exam (on my birthday) :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest