Advanced Higher Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by freedom123
What one was it? C or D?

it was D
Reply 41
I dont know how the "Describe the control of enzyme activity in competitive and non-competitive inhibitors." was 5 marks!!! So i through in some points about induced fit!

I talked sh!te, just talked about what a competitive and non competitive inhibitor was, what would happen if there was an increase in concentration of the substrate and inhibitor and talked about its effects
Original post by Babb_zz
I talked sh!te, just talked about what a competitive and non competitive inhibitor was, what would happen if there was an increase in concentration of the substrate and inhibitor and talked about its effects

Yeah basically what i done! Just thinking about it though, there is probably a mark for saying that it is not permanent! Lol!

What section C bit did you do?
Reply 43
Can anyone tell me what kinda stuff they wrote about for the first essay question?

I discussed:

Niche/Realised Niche/ Fundamental Niche.

Competion definition/"-/-"/Exploitation Competition/Resource Partitioning/Interspecific/Intraspecific/

I forgot the name of "interference competiion" but just described it.

I also made up examples, hopefully the markers are told "any appropiate"

I have wrote exactly the same, but I also talked about the competitive exclusion principle
Reply 44
Not a bad exam overall. :smile:

I have a question though. I normally do exams in my school and they supply the pencils for multiple choice section. This exam was done at a nearby college though and I just assumed they would provide them. They didn't and instead gave me a cheap pencil with no rubber when I asked. The information states clearly to use a HB pencil. Will this mean they will not accept my answers? Will the scanner still be able to read them? Thanks.
Reply 45
Yeah basically what i done! Just thinking about it though, there is probably a mark for saying that it is not permanent! Lol!

What section C bit did you do?

physiology health and exercise yourself?
Reply 46
I said they had it because the fragment was lighter and moved further than the control. Also, the moving further than the control meant it was lighter, and DMD is when there is deletion so this would be lighter :smile:

What did you put? And what did you say to the question, "HOw are specific gene fragments identified in this procedure?"

I wrote the same, I said use of a fluorescent dye/ probe
Original post by hannahmac4
I have wrote exactly the same, but I also talked about the competitive exclusion principle

Yeah i talked about that aswell, missed it out! Hoping there was a good few marks for each worth :frown:
Original post by hannahmac4
I wrote the same, I said use of a fluorescent dye/ probe

I said a single locus probe! I dont know if i'll get the mark!
Reply 49
I have the paper :smile: ill upload it up since im nice, btw you all better give me a positive rating!
For 1a) phosphodiester bonds
ii) hydrogen bonding between base pairs.
b) didn't get
c)62.5%
Anyone else put these?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Babb_zz
I have the paper :smile: ill upload it up since im nice, btw you all better give me a positive rating!

I have it aswell, Im looking for some kind person to express all there answers for section B and C lol
Original post by Babb_zz
physiology health and exercise yourself?

Yeah i done that aswell! Tha last question was hard! And so was the one about an obese person and impedence!
Original post by adam_johnson
For 1a) phosphodiester bonds
b) hydrogen bonding between base pairs.
Anyone else put these?

I totally blanked and put "ester" and nothing for b) :frown::frown: but im sure you correct!
Reply 54
in q14 in the mc, is the answer A cause surely the energy passed in the faeces would still be available to the ecosystem by decomposers and detritivores?
Reply 55
Yeah i done that aswell! Tha last question was hard! And so was the one about an obese person and impedence!

The impendence one was good, but i forgot the two requirements for densitometry, and i put weight and height :|, not volume and mass FML

also that exercise one was a ****!

I listed the benefits for exercise but i think i got that wrong :|

Fuucck!! :frown:
Reply 56
What did everyone write about the krill further increasing global warming? I wrote some garbage about them migrating to a colder area where their waste will be decomposed
Reply 57
Original post by Lauren3
in q14 in the mc, is the answer A cause surely the energy passed in the faeces would still be available to the ecosystem by decomposers and detritivores?

I put C because you get 200 from the leaf, and you lose 167 (100 due to feaces and 67 for respiration hence 167, but maybe your right)
Original post by Babb_zz
The impendence one was good, but i forgot the two requirements for densitometry, and i put weight and height :|, not volume and mass FML

also that exercise one was a ****!

I listed the benefits for exercise but i think i got that wrong :|

Fuucck!! :frown:

What was the impedence one? I just blagged and wrote that its not accurate and there lean tissue such as muscle may be included LOL!

Aww me too, i put weight and volume of water!

Yeah i wrote "Excercising decreases weight!" hahaha
Original post by jordan0141
What did everyone write about the krill further increasing global warming? I wrote some garbage about them migrating to a colder area where their waste will be decomposed

I said that as sea temperatures increase, then saprotrophs etc will be able to decompose the faeces and therefore release the carbon dioxide from it back into the atmosphere which would then contribute to global warmimg! - can anyone verify this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending