The Student Room Group

TSR Physics Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by champ_mc99
Looked on the site. Compiled very nicely. I hope AS knowledge is enough to get a decent start. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Bro it's 2 am!

Ermmmm it depends haha. It's undergraduate level I'd say.
Hey guys, as fellow lovers of physics coulf you check out my video and tell me what you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNsxRWk8yCg
Original post by aminxv
Hey guys, as fellow lovers of physics coulf you check out my video and tell me what you think?

I'll like and sub. It was a good video and was very concise. You also could have mentioned that each quark has an associated anti-quark that has the same charge as its associated quark but is negative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks man! The whole point was for it to be really short. A lot more detail can be found on my site!

http://planckti.me
Original post by aminxv
Thanks man! The whole point was for it to be really short. A lot more detail can be found on my site!

http://planckti.me

So you going to study physics as uni ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah hopefully!!!
Original post by aminxv

Your idea is very nice: to concise the most complex topics in physics by telling the most important things in 60 seconds. Keep it up, please! I like your concept. :smile:

To the video: yeah, you concise the most important things in 60 seconds, but I have missed the mention of the antiquarks and the relations to the quarks. You would also had mentioned that quarks are connected by gluons when you referred to the parts of the particles.

* Are you trying to become a physics student? good luck!*
Original post by Kallisto
Your idea is very nice: to concise the most complex topics in physics by telling the most important things in 60 seconds. Keep it up, please! I like your concept. :smile:

To the video: yeah, you concise the most important things in 60 seconds, but I have missed the mention of the antiquarks and the relations to the quarks. You would also had mentioned that quarks are connected by gluons when you referred to the parts of the particles.

Are you a physicist ? PhD, MSc or BSc ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much! I've launched a website too would be amazing if you could check it out : http://www.planckti.me

Yeah I want to be a physicist- applying for uni this year, then hopefully a PhD
Original post by RossB1702
Are you a physicist ? PhD, MSc or BSc ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I am not a physicist. I am not even a physics student,thus I have no degree. The main reason why I am not studying physics is that I like every single topic what has to do with natural sciences and I also like all kinds of natural sciences, so biology, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, bio-physics. I even like natural sciences in combination with technology. Thus the list what can be studied at university - from the view of interests - is endless. I have not made an decision what I want to study *exactly in the future. So, I am hesitating with studying at university.

But my interest in physics is great (same goes for another sciences). I am even reading professional journals about physics - and some books about it. So I am quite familar with this science, at A level at least. *

Original post by aminxv
Thanks so much! I've launched a website too would be amazing if you could check it out : http://www.planckti.me

Yeah I want to be a physicist- applying for uni this year, then hopefully a PhD

I will meet your side. :yep:

That is a high goal what you have settled for your own. Crossing my fingers that you achieve it.*
No, I am not a physicist. I am not even a physics student,thus I have no degree. The main reason why I am not studying physics is that I like every single topic what has to do with natural sciences and I also like all kinds of natural sciences, so biology, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, bio-physics. I even like natural sciences in combination with technology. Thus the list what can be studied at university - from the view of interests - is endless. I have not made an decision what I want to study *exactly in the future. So, I am hesitating with studying at university.

But my interest in physics is great (same goes for another sciences). I am even reading professional journals about physics - and some books about it. So I am quite familar with this science, at A level at least. *

It's good that you're interested in lots of sciences. I have only studied physics and chemistry, Chemistry was okay but the experiments specifically the titrations were boring asf but I really liked physics because of the amount of problem solving and challenging aspect it has. My favourite part of the course was probably special relativity, it's really interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will meet your side. :yep:

That is a high goal what you have settled for your own. Crossing my fingers that you achieve it.*

Thanks so much!
Original post by RossB1702
It's good that you're interested in lots of sciences. I have only studied physics and chemistry, Chemistry was okay but the experiments specifically the titrations were boring asf but I really liked physics because of the amount of problem solving and challenging aspect it has. My favourite part of the course was probably special relativity, it's really interesting.

Nice to read something about your experiences as a student. I guess I will test some studies out before I matriculate. *

Original post by aminxv
Thanks so much!

You are welcome. By the way I have added your page to my favorites. Build this page up whenever it is possible. Hoping for interesting proceedings. :yep:
Thanks!!!!!!
Original post by aminxv
Thanks!!!!!!

You are welcome. Have taken a closer look on your page in the meantime. If I have enough time next time, I would read your article 'Pauli's Exclusion principle - Basic Proof'. If this page goes on in that way, it would be a gold mine for physics lovers like me. :smile:
You are welcome. Have taken a closer look on your page in the meantime. If I have enough time next time, I would read your article 'Pauli's Exclusion principle - Basic Proof'. If this page goes on in that way, it would be a gold mine for physics lovers like me. :smile:

Thanks man! Hope you enjoy the article!
Original post by aminxv
Thanks man! Hope you enjoy the article!

So, after a very, very long while, I have had time to read the article about Pauli's exclusion principle at last. Very understandable and a good start in a deeper understanding of quantum physics. Rspect for this writing!

Fermions contains the typical charged particles, so electrons and protons and the non-charged neutrons. Plus the sub particles neutrinos and the quarks. I wonder is the wavefunciton intended for determining the state of an electron in a quantum state in particular? can Pauli's exclusion principle combined with Heisenberg's uncertainty relation by any chance?

Say we are using the wavefunction of Pauli's principle to show up the electrons have not the same state. Say, Heisenberg's uncertainty relation is used to determine the waves of the electrons as precise as possible (to get a lesser precision of the location of course). In my view, we can combined them a.) to show that the electrons are really in a different state, and b.) to get the different states of the electrons out. From this point of view, is Pauli's principle an unneccesary step, as it is known that different states are in existence or is it neccesary, as it is not so well known in a great extention as we supposed to?
Reply 1097
Can I join pls :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course, you can. Why are you hesitating? don't know how to join?

Before you do, tell something about your interest in Physics, please.
Reply 1099
Of course, you can. Why are you hesitating? don't know how to join?

Before you do, tell something about your interest in Physics, please.

I'll start from the beginning :smile:

I was never interested in physics until year 6. Before that it was all about biology. But I had an amazing teacher in year 6, and we learnt all about the solar system and it's nine planets (this was in 2008-2009, even though Pluto was demoted in 2006).

Since then my interest in Physics has only grown. Before my GCSE exams, I started reading about A-level physics. During A-level physics, if any of the other students missed the lesson, the teacher would get me to teach them.

Ever since year 9 I have wanted to study physics at university, and I will finally start in September :smile:

My aim is to get a PhD in astronomy.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest